FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              738      
       740              762       763       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.739 #1 · p.739 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yup, that's my saw. Thank you again Ken, I'll contact DeWalt in the morning.

Aug 07, 2022 at 01:07 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.739 #2 · p.739 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Ken. Mine broke off over a year ago and I threw it away. I just ordered the repair kit, although I don't know if I will install it, unless I give it away to my son-in-law when I get old(er) The rear guard assembly is located in one place I have never exposed an appendage while the power was connected, and I have been using sliding miter saws for over 20 years. My first one didn't have one.

This will not keep me from continuing with my project:

Aug 07, 2022 at 02:44 PM
kwbarnes
• • •
p.739 #3 · p.739 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Thanks Ken. Mine broke off over a year ago and I threw it away. I just ordered the repair kit, although I don't know if I will install it, unless I give it away to my son-in-law when I get old(er) The rear guard assembly is located in one place I have never exposed an appendage while the power was connected, and I have been using sliding miter saws for over 20 years. My first one didn't have one.

This will not keep me from continuing with my project:

https://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s/v-10/p872685744-5.jpg

The article that I read didn't say people were cutting themselves with the saw. It said that the guard failed (and I guess fell into the blade) and then it's parts became projectiles that caused injuries to the saws operators.

Aug 07, 2022 at 07:25 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.739 #4 · p.739 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

kwbarnes wrote:
The article that I read didn't say people were cutting themselves with the saw. It said that the guard failed (and I guess fell into the blade) and then it's parts became projectiles that caused injuries to the saws operators.

Yeah, when mine flew off it went down on the floor. I didn't know what happened until I found the broken guard.

I was referring to the "exposing the saw blade" statement in the recall: "The plastic rear guard assembly can break/shatter when struck, exposing the saw blade and posing a laceration hazard".

Aug 07, 2022 at 07:33 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.739 #5 · p.739 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

andydean wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words, I appreciate it. Surprised the Supercub went over so well, I thought that one was a little blurry and not quite as sharp on the plane. I got that photo late in the evening around 10:00 or so, better light. The majority of traffic out there is going in the middle of the day, most of my photos are around then. I'll look into the clone stamp feature thanks for the heads up about that, I just got Lightroom a couple days ago so green as hell on the editing and post production.

Love all your shots, I could watch those float planes all day long, they have always been my favorite.
I see Rusts is still flying.
Was a 17 year waiting list before to get your plane on Lake Hood, wonder what it is now ?

Aug 08, 2022 at 07:51 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.739 #6 · p.739 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I had a miserable scare today. This morning I had to visit 2 high school preseason football practices to get random photos for a preseason feature later this month. Everything went well, very well. Had a 3rd high school this afternoon. As usual, I took shots and occasionally checked the exposure and compositions. Everything looked good. Drove home (after a stop at the hardware store to pick up more nails and screws). Pulled a ProGrade SD card out of the R6, inserted it into the ProGrade reader then uploaded to PhotoMechanic. Hmm...no photos found, so I tried uploading them directly into LR...no photos found! Is it the card reader? I put the SD card back in the camera (the second card was never taken out). When I pressed the replay button I got a message there were no images. I ran the ProGrade card repair program and it didn't see the images. Holy Crap! I called the editor and told him what happened and I could not send in the images. I put the card back in the camera, went outside to take photos to see if they would show up on the card. After shooting about 25 images it pushed the playback button, saw the images I had just taken. I continued to scroll forward...and then the football preseason photos showed up!!! What the heck? I uploaded them to PM and LR and sent them to the editor. He thinks I am a hero, but I still can't figure out what happened. Any thoughts? I just got the R6 back from Canon last week after they replaced the shutter. Camera has been work perfectly up until this happened.

Aug 08, 2022 at 09:16 PM
cs3is
• •
p.739 #7 · p.739 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Iga Swaitek is here in Toronto for NBO Toronto Cup. Caught her at the practice nets.

cs3is 2022

Aug 08, 2022 at 10:34 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #8 · p.739 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Hi Ray, that is terrible! I wish I could explain it, but I'd do some experimenting until you are satisfied that it isn't going to happen again, and while your repair is still under warranty.

Aug 08, 2022 at 11:16 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.739 #9 · p.739 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I am wondering if there is the possibility I didn't shove the cards in the reader and then the camera when I got the "no images" warning. Seems odd it would happen 4 consecutive times; twice in the reader, then twice in the camera. However, that would not explain the images not showing up in the recovery software when it showed other images.

Aug 09, 2022 at 06:10 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #10 · p.739 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
I had a miserable scare today. This morning I had to visit 2 high school preseason football practices to get random photos for a preseason feature later this month. Everything went well, very well. Had a 3rd high school this afternoon. As usual, I took shots and occasionally checked the exposure and compositions. Everything looked good. Drove home (after a stop at the hardware store to pick up more nails and screws). Pulled a ProGrade SD card out of the R6, inserted it into the ProGrade reader then uploaded to PhotoMechanic. Hmm...no photos found, so I tried uploading them
...Show more

It is called "fm" Ray!! Not Fred Miranda either..."fxxxxxg magic"!
Bet your heart rate accelerated off scale!!!
Glad all worked out fine.
Dan

Aug 09, 2022 at 07:33 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #11 · p.739 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Nothing I dislike more than not knowing in situations like that. Makes you uneasy that it might pop up again.

Aug 09, 2022 at 01:44 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.739 #12 · p.739 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I used it this morning continuously checking for images and everything worked great. I had the 7D II on standby just in case.

The only constant in each viewing scenario were the cards. I think I will put in a different card in the second slot just in case.

Aug 09, 2022 at 02:31 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #13 · p.739 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
I used it this morning continuously checking for images and everything worked great. I had the 7D II on standby just in case.

The only constant in each viewing scenario were the cards. I think I will put in a different card in the second slot just in case.

You "pros" have to have that backup!!!!
You spend countless hours, days working with these images and that time has to be accounted for in the downloaded images from said card(s).
It is scary!!!!!
Good luck!
Dan

Aug 09, 2022 at 02:59 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #14 · p.739 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Today was a day, got up at 5, zipped downtown and shot 52 headshots by noon. Not exactly how I like to shoot headshots, but it's what the client needed. There was a video crew filming interviews so we kind of shared spaces and did our best to stay out of each other's way. I'm beat, but I picked up a new international client in the process.

Aug 09, 2022 at 06:52 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.739 #15 · p.739 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JWilsonphoto wrote:
Those are neat shots Douglas! My next show is Alliance, and it's now called an "Air Expo". The abbreviated event will take place on Friday and Saturday and the flight window will be a couple of hours in the afternoon. There will be a static display ramp and dawn/dusk photo tours, but no photo pit. Thunderbirds and the F/22 Demo Team are up this year. The last few years we have gotten murdered in social media due to the changes, but the cold hard facts are, the Alliance business sector has grown exponentially and a full blown air show just
...Show more

Thank you Jim. I got three more shows to go this year, Atlantic City in Aug, Andrews and Oceana in Sept on the same weekend. Supposedly they will have a B-1 B-2 B-52 flyby at the Andrews show but the official website hasn't stated such. Maybe they will get deployed to Asia before the show... If such flyby does happen I will need to bring a lens wider than 200mm to get them all in the frame. That would be a lifer for me. I did see such flyby in 2020 but not at a show and they didn't fly together in a formation.
---------------------------------------------

RobMoser wrote:
Yeah, wonderful years past at Alliance...

Rob

Love the F-22 with the jet exhaust. It loos like the F-22 was on a sandy beach

Edited on Aug 10, 2022 at 05:08 AM · View previous versions

Aug 10, 2022 at 04:46 AM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.739 #16 · p.739 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
I had a miserable scare today. This morning I had to visit 2 high school preseason football practices to get random photos for a preseason feature later this month. Everything went well, very well. Had a 3rd high school this afternoon. As usual, I took shots and occasionally checked the exposure and compositions. Everything looked good. Drove home (after a stop at the hardware store to pick up more nails and screws). Pulled a ProGrade SD card out of the R6, inserted it into the ProGrade reader then uploaded to PhotoMechanic. Hmm...no photos found, so I tried uploading them
...Show more

I could feel the panic, Ray. Maybe the second card slot can be used as duplicate for such occasions? Just a thought. I don't have any paid gigs so I rarely use the second card slot for duplication, except when I went to Iceland some years ago.

I mentioned this here few years ago, I stopped by the Flight 93 Memorial in Pa very early in a foggy morning on my way to the airshow in Latrobe, Pa. I took some pictures at the Memorial with two different cameras but didn't see any pictures from the Memorial when I put the cards in my computer after I got home, all the pictures of the airshow were there. I checked both cards multiple times, same thing. It was very spooky... I am not one who believes that kind of thing but what were the odds I screwed up with both cameras and all the airshow pictures were there, except the shots from the Memorial??

Aug 10, 2022 at 05:00 AM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.739 #17 · p.739 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray, was Card 2 set as backup for 1? When you pulled out card 1, did you close the door to the card slots? If you did, and then you reinserted card 1 for your next shoot, closed the door, then pictures would have defaulted to Card 2, but if card 2 had not been setup to record backups to card 1, then you would have had no pictures at all. Don't ask me how I know this.

Aug 10, 2022 at 06:44 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.739 #18 · p.739 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

I have the R6 set up to record RAW images to both cards. When I got home, I took card one out to upload it to the computer using the reader. When no images showed up, I set it aside and took out card 2. Again no images. I ran the recovery software on card 2, and the images diid not show up there either. I inserted a different card in slot 1 and the original card 2 in the second slot. I made no changes to the cards (format/primary card; the R6 alternates the primary card each time you remove a card, I didn't change it). After taking about 50 new shots my football photos showed up when I reviewed the photos in the camera.

Aug 10, 2022 at 07:52 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #19 · p.739 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

There is just no way to explain that, and that is scary!

Aug 10, 2022 at 06:49 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.739 #20 · p.739 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

They are putting the finishing touches on this Global Express before I capture it, and it's going to be incredible! Hoping to get air to air with it.........................

Aug 10, 2022 at 11:25 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password