p.1044 #1 · p.1044 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Beautiful Jan-Arie...Love your work !

Jul 23, 2024 at 10:22 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1044 #2 · p.1044 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Morning boys and girls I think they are still around lurking.
Just rolled back into town after a tiring five day visit to the Royal International Air Tattoo.

Hot weather cold hot again and so on.
Stayed in the FRIAT enclosure that is a grandstand with a patch of grass it's own toilets and refreshments.
Completely sold out show for all the days mind boggling.

Shot a total of 181GB of photo's not all that great
And being so close to the runway a 500 prime is not always handy.
But it were a great couple of days.

One sample for now as i have to
...Show more
Beautiful image J-A!!!

Yeah our weather has been on a brutal rollercoaster. It is still very humid but intense heat has let up a bit!
Our crack weather team at 199F!
Dan

Jul 23, 2024 at 12:04 PM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.1044 #3 · p.1044 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Saudi Airforce F15 SA Strike Eagle departing for home.

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF500mm f/4L IS USM lens    500mm    f/4.0    1/3200s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 23, 2024 at 03:49 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1044 #4 · p.1044 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great shots, J-A!

Jul 23, 2024 at 04:39 PM
RWNPhoto
• •
p.1044 #5 · p.1044 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
Saudi Airforce F15 SA Strike Eagle departing for home.

Some seriously good shooting. Must have been pretty overcast or dark. No way I could get down to those settings at the airshow that was here. I should have went up from 1/2500sec to 1/4000sec or so to get my aperture wider, but my brain doesn't engage when the camera is to my eye it seems.

Jul 23, 2024 at 04:39 PM
RWNPhoto
• •
p.1044 #6 · p.1044 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Not a sexy in air flight shot, but this thing is/was HUGE. Not the biggest plane around, but it was for sure bigger than anything at the show this weekend. Pilot was also a female, from Michigan, and she campaigned to get to bring her biggie to the show for a couple years, and finally they agreed.

Jul 23, 2024 at 04:44 PM
jlambros

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1044 #7 · p.1044 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Well Douglas ... I've been pretty busy and was just getting ready to post a few shots from the Sacramento show. But now - because of you - I'm going to sell all my equipment and just monitor FM for your unbelievable shots.... You definitely got some amazing talent. Same show, same equipment, ...damn.

That said, you did have great light Sunday and they flew closer to the moon 0 damn it.

---
Jeff

Jul 23, 2024 at 08:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1044 #8 · p.1044 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jlambros wrote:
Well Douglas ... I've been pretty busy and was just getting ready to post a few shots from the Sacramento show. But now - because of you - I'm going to sell all my equipment and just monitor FM for your unbelievable shots.... You definitely got some amazing talent. Same show, same equipment, ...damn.

That said, you did have great light Sunday and they flew closer to the moon 0 damn it.

---
Jeff

You are too kind, Jeff! Post away! We are all here to have fun and share our passion. Sunday evening's light was definitely much better than Saturday evening's. Most of what I posted were from Sunday. I only kept a couple of the F-35 and the Ghostwriter shots from Saturday. As you remember I missed 2/3 of the show on Sat. I got 2 or 3 more shows to go before the season ends, nothing too exciting except the one in Oceana.

Jul 23, 2024 at 09:03 PM
jlambros

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1044 #9 · p.1044 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
You are too kind, Jeff! Post away! ...

Ha ha, ok, but the not-so-great-state of California has dropped our electricity. Expected back at 1AM. 93 degrees now at 8PM and forecast as 84 at midnight. But ... buy more electric vehicles! Yeah, right! Why do we live here?!?!

---
Jeff

Jul 23, 2024 at 10:19 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.1044 #10 · p.1044 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Photographed this beautiful Challenger 604 about a week ago. Heading to Nashville, TN tomorrow for a G-200.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT week!

Jul 24, 2024 at 07:41 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1044 #11 · p.1044 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
So sorry to hear about the card failure, Jim. Something I dread about. I recently sold all my six 160 GB CFExpress Type A cards (Sony and Prograde), they performed great but I wanted bigger cards, just bought two CFExpress Type A 960 GB cards and two 480 GB card, all Prograde, faster speeds, much cheaper $/GB compared to what I paid for the 160 GB cards when I bought them. For what I shoot, that's all the cards I need for now.

Me too Douglas,

I pretty much always shoot with redundant card settings now asa precaution. Doing that does slow capture rate and buffer capacity, even with the fastest SDXC cards. Right now I have standardized on 512 GB CFE/128SDXC cards, but I'm migrating to 1TB CFE/512 SDXC over the next few months. I'll see how this 1TB Lexar performs and I may just stick with that brand. I really work these cards hard so it's tough to complain about any particular brand, the 1TB Angelbird has probably been loaded/downloaded several hundred times. Fortunately it went toes up after I uploaded the images on it, when I put it back in the R5C it wouldn't format. Angelbird didn't hesitate replacing it. I use all Angelbird SSD's in my Atomos Ninja + monitor recorders, but I don't work them nearly as. hard as the CFE cards.

Jul 24, 2024 at 08:02 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1044 #12 · p.1044 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jlambros wrote:

---
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I sympathize with you! Douglas' talent does tempt one to seek other avenues of expression....... On top of his incredible talent, he works harder for the opportunities than most anyone that I know. He certainly earns what he brings home.

Jul 24, 2024 at 08:08 AM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1044 #13 · p.1044 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

jlambros wrote:
Ha ha, ok, but the not-so-great-state of California has dropped our electricity. Expected back at 1AM. 93 degrees now at 8PM and forecast as 84 at midnight. But ... buy more electric vehicles! Yeah, right! Why do we live here?!?!

---
Jeff

So true! You live there because California is a beautiful state with incredible resources, it's just a crying shame what its leaders have done to it over the decades. I used to jump at any assignment that would bring me to the West Coast, now, sadly, I turn many of those opportunities down. Years ago I would pretty much always bring Sheila out at the end of an assignment in California and we'd spend 3 or 4 days just drinking in the beauty of SanFrancisco, Monterey, or San Diego. The last time I shot in SanDiego my client and I tried to go to dinner down near the water and we finally gave up due to the amount of tents/trash we encountered. I have several friends who won't go back to Northern California because they've been robbed of all their gear, in broad daylight, another pro shooter had all the windows in his rental car smashed out when he went to lunch at Fishermen's Wharf. They all told me that they called the police and they basically got laughed at.

I would love to see a revolt in your state that would allow it to actually be "The Golden State", but I don't hold out much hope.

Jul 24, 2024 at 08:23 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1044 #14 · p.1044 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

RWNPhoto wrote:
Not a sexy in air flight shot, but this thing is/was HUGE. Not the biggest plane around, but it was for sure bigger than anything at the show this weekend. Pilot was also a female, from Michigan, and she campaigned to get to bring her biggie to the show for a couple years, and finally they agreed.

These are beautiful "beasts of the air" "MIch!!!
I am on the flight path to Dover AFB and these monsters lumber across the air and the engines whine fusiously!
Beautiful!
Dan

Jul 24, 2024 at 09:20 AM
1       2       3              1043              end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1043              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.