Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4723      
4724
       4725              4753       4754       end
  

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel
  
 
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #1 · p.4724 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Finally shot my first house today. Not the newer shinier houses that Jim shoots, but one from the late 1800's





NightOwl Cat 2017

  NIKON D3    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/60s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  




Oct 07, 2017 at 03:59 AM
Glenn Watson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #2 · p.4724 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Gorgeous shots, Steve. And great to "see" you again, I've missed our conversations.

As the last few years of mayhem finally start winding themselves down, I'm seeing all signs point in good directions. The family's doing great, we're finally in our new home, the company is growing and I love what we're doing, I'm finally shooting again (even if just a little so far), and I'm starting to think I may be able to resume flying next year. Gotta go fight for my medical first, and then I'm thinking/dreaming about things like a Diamond DA62 or a Piper Malibu/Mirage.

Still pretty
...Show more



Good to see you back around Rodolfo......an I like the way you think! I can help you into a real nice Meridian with the time comes!



Glenn




Oct 07, 2017 at 04:53 AM
Glenn Watson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #3 · p.4724 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Good stuff Stevez! Was that from a Bonanza?
How long you in town for? Ill be in McKinney Sunday afternoon for a few hours.

Glenn



Oct 07, 2017 at 04:54 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #4 · p.4724 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Yes, you have, young man What a grand return though.

Dead air ain't good for the thread

stevez wrote:
I've been MIA from here for too long; too busy flying my new (to me) A36 and shooting only occasionally. I come back to find that Jim, Jo and Anwar are also missing, and that Laura and Rodolfo are posting up a storm.

But I'm at Wings Over Dallas this weekend and yesterday we did a little A2A. Remember that time when you had a pair of Mustangs and a B-17 in the viewfinder? No, I don't either.

I got to stretch the new D850's legs a bit: I think it's going to be amazing once I sit down with
...Show more




Oct 07, 2017 at 09:46 AM
nrferguson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #5 · p.4724 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


JamesG wrote:
Had an enjoyable albeit very wet day at Bruntingthorpe last week for a taxi run of a VC-10 and Buccaneer followed by a night shoot.

Couple of shots of the Buccaneers from the evening shoot:

https://www.jamesgoggin.com/forum/17/JG-17-102207.jpg

https://www.jamesgoggin.com/forum/17/JG-17-102115-Edit.jpg


Love 'em Are you going to Cosford on the 25th? If so, see you there. I entered this image in a club competition this week as a print and was told 1. that there was something odd going on at the tail!! and (worse) We see an awful lot of these images in competitions nowadays!!!








Oct 07, 2017 at 11:45 AM
unclechuck
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #6 · p.4724 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Dead air ain't good for the thread





Oct 07, 2017 at 06:07 PM
msalvetti
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #7 · p.4724 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


NightOwl Cat wrote:
Finally shot my first house today. Not the newer shinier houses that Jim shoots, but one from the late 1800's



Way to go, Laura. For pay?

Mark



Oct 07, 2017 at 09:42 PM
JamesG
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #8 · p.4724 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


nrferguson wrote:
Love 'em Are you going to Cosford on the 25th? If so, see you there.


Unlikely at this stage, was at Duxford on 23rd, Bruntingthorpe last week, working at a conference all weekend this week, have a shoot in Kent next weekend, and a dawn shoot at Stow Maries on 21st. Plus the day job is taking me away from home during the week most weeks.

Think I've pushed my luck a tad, although I think the dogs are missing me more than my wife is




Oct 07, 2017 at 11:11 PM
unclechuck
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #9 · p.4724 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel



The Good Ol' Days of Air Shows that I remember

https://youtu.be/WOKnW1qdGus



Oct 08, 2017 at 02:04 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #10 · p.4724 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel




HI Mark, yup, for pay.

The outside

msalvetti wrote:
Way to go, Laura. For pay?

Mark






NightOwl Cat 2017

  NIKON D3    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/13s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  




Oct 08, 2017 at 12:35 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


Rodolfo Paiz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #11 · p.4724 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Glenn Watson wrote:
Good to see you back around Rodolfo......an I like the way you think! I can help you into a real nice Meridian with the time comes!


Nice shot! The Meridian is not for me, however, nor is anything that runs on a turbine. I have some use for that kind of platform, but not enough to own one. I want an airplane I can fly 200-300 hours a year, and that means a machine whose economics make sense for me to use when traveling alone, too. The magic happy numbers are 200 knots, 950nm plus IFR reserves, and roughly $200-250/hr in operating costs. Those are not absolute requirements... but the more I deviate from those numbers, the less I use the airplane.

Obviously there are very few pistons that can make all three numbers. But there are zero turboprops who can make those cost numbers, and I'm far more interested in flying at a lower cost (which means flying more hours to more places and having more fun) than I am in flying faster or farther. And not insignificantly, I enjoy flying piston-powered airplanes more: I'm a pilot who likes to go places, not a traveler who wants transport... the more fluid dynamics of stick-and-rudder flying in pistons are more fun than the more procedure-driven A-to-B turbine travel.



Oct 08, 2017 at 09:52 PM
brian_sp
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #12 · p.4724 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


USM IS wrote:
Well, I will put a few of the small guy's (RC) since all the close airshows are gone and the airport chased me away. And one will have nose art, so if it offends the management and I get kicked off, it was nice knowing you all. I guess I have to find out what is acceptable for the new rules. Since I will be the least missed here, I will give it a try. For if I can't post what I take, there isn't much use of being........Mike


outstanding Mike, some of the best RC photos i have ever seen, well done, you made them look like the real thing




Oct 09, 2017 at 03:46 AM
brian_sp
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #13 · p.4724 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


a few from the Hour of Power show friday evening at Airshow London











and the finale, the canadian demo recovery dragging the tail hook



Oct 09, 2017 at 03:54 AM
USM IS
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #14 · p.4724 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Thank you very much Brian, wonderful low light work on yours.

Mike

brian_sp wrote:
outstanding Mike, some of the best RC photos i have ever seen, well done, you made them look like the real thing





Oct 09, 2017 at 01:09 PM
Glenn Watson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #15 · p.4724 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Nice shot! The Meridian is not for me, however, nor is anything that runs on a turbine. I have some use for that kind of platform, but not enough to own one. I want an airplane I can fly 200-300 hours a year, and that means a machine whose economics make sense for me to use when traveling alone, too. The magic happy numbers are 200 knots, 950nm plus IFR reserves, and roughly $200-250/hr in operating costs. Those are not absolute requirements... but the more I deviate from those numbers, the less I use the airplane.

Obviously there are very
...Show more



Thats a tall order for a certified Piston! A Lancair Legacy would be an excellent solo traveller! I just love spending other peoples money.


Glenn



Oct 09, 2017 at 02:47 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #16 · p.4724 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Yes, overall a tall order, especially on the cost side. The problem is that I live in Miami and I travel primarily to major cities throughout the Americas, which means two things: pretty much everything that interests me is a good distance away (and much of it over water); and I have excellent airline service to nearly everywhere. Not the ideal situation for a GA pilot.

I've always loved Lancair, a Legacy would be a ton of fun, and for solo travel, it would certainly make or beat all the numbers... but two things: there's no way I'm taking on the maintenance/ownership responsibilities of a kit airplane, and there's no way I'm buying two airplanes (been there, done that, not going there again...) so I need to focus on something with at least four seats, ideally six.



Oct 09, 2017 at 03:46 PM
brian_sp
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #17 · p.4724 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


USM IS wrote:
Thank you very much Brian, wonderful low light work on yours.

Mike


Thanks Mike




Oct 09, 2017 at 04:29 PM
Glenn Watson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #18 · p.4724 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Yes, overall a tall order, especially on the cost side. The problem is that I live in Miami and I travel primarily to major cities throughout the Americas, which means two things: pretty much everything that interests me is a good distance away (and much of it over water); and I have excellent airline service to nearly everywhere. Not the ideal situation for a GA pilot.

I've always loved Lancair, a Legacy would be a ton of fun, and for solo travel, it would certainly make or beat all the numbers... but two things: there's no way I'm taking on
...Show more


Ha! In that case TN 550 Bonanza would satisfy all that and look good doing it! and you could rip the doors off for photo shoots to boot!

Anybody at NBAA? I'll be there wed-thur.

Glenn



Oct 10, 2017 at 05:08 AM
ELinder
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #19 · p.4724 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


Great use of light these last 2 pages, well done all!

How's a Cirrus compare to a Bonanza comfort-wise? Never flown in one.

Erich



Oct 10, 2017 at 02:06 PM
BConn
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #20 · p.4724 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel


stevez wrote:
How about one more?


Oh my god. This photo is AMAZING!!!!

I would kill to one day be able to do air2air. Incredible work Steve!



Oct 10, 2017 at 06:31 PM
1       2       3              4723      
4724
       4725              4753       4754       end






FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4723      
4724
       4725              4753       4754       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password