FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4723      
       4725              4753       4754       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4724 #1 · p.4724 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Finally shot my first house today. Not the newer shinier houses that Jim shoots, but one from the late 1800's

NightOwl Cat 2017

NIKON D3    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/60s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:59 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4724 #2 · p.4724 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Gorgeous shots, Steve. And great to "see" you again, I've missed our conversations.

As the last few years of mayhem finally start winding themselves down, I'm seeing all signs point in good directions. The family's doing great, we're finally in our new home, the company is growing and I love what we're doing, I'm finally shooting again (even if just a little so far), and I'm starting to think I may be able to resume flying next year. Gotta go fight for my medical first, and then I'm thinking/dreaming about things like a Diamond DA62 or a Piper Malibu/Mirage.

Still pretty
...Show more

Good to see you back around Rodolfo......an I like the way you think! I can help you into a real nice Meridian with the time comes!

Glenn

Oct 07, 2017 at 04:53 AM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4724 #3 · p.4724 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Good stuff Stevez! Was that from a Bonanza?
How long you in town for? Ill be in McKinney Sunday afternoon for a few hours.

Glenn

Oct 07, 2017 at 04:54 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4724 #4 · p.4724 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, you have, young man What a grand return though.

Dead air ain't good for the thread

stevez wrote:
I've been MIA from here for too long; too busy flying my new (to me) A36 and shooting only occasionally. I come back to find that Jim, Jo and Anwar are also missing, and that Laura and Rodolfo are posting up a storm.

But I'm at Wings Over Dallas this weekend and yesterday we did a little A2A. Remember that time when you had a pair of Mustangs and a B-17 in the viewfinder? No, I don't either.

I got to stretch the new D850's legs a bit: I think it's going to be amazing once I sit down with
...Show more

Oct 07, 2017 at 09:46 AM
nrferguson
• • • •
p.4724 #5 · p.4724 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JamesG wrote:
Had an enjoyable albeit very wet day at Bruntingthorpe last week for a taxi run of a VC-10 and Buccaneer followed by a night shoot.

Couple of shots of the Buccaneers from the evening shoot:

https://www.jamesgoggin.com/forum/17/JG-17-102207.jpg

https://www.jamesgoggin.com/forum/17/JG-17-102115-Edit.jpg

Love 'em Are you going to Cosford on the 25th? If so, see you there. I entered this image in a club competition this week as a print and was told 1. that there was something odd going on at the tail!! and (worse) We see an awful lot of these images in competitions nowadays!!!

Oct 07, 2017 at 11:45 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4724 #6 · p.4724 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Dead air ain't good for the thread

Oct 07, 2017 at 06:07 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.4724 #7 · p.4724 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Finally shot my first house today. Not the newer shinier houses that Jim shoots, but one from the late 1800's

Way to go, Laura. For pay?

Mark

Oct 07, 2017 at 09:42 PM
JamesG
• •
p.4724 #8 · p.4724 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

nrferguson wrote:
Love 'em Are you going to Cosford on the 25th? If so, see you there.

Unlikely at this stage, was at Duxford on 23rd, Bruntingthorpe last week, working at a conference all weekend this week, have a shoot in Kent next weekend, and a dawn shoot at Stow Maries on 21st. Plus the day job is taking me away from home during the week most weeks.

Think I've pushed my luck a tad, although I think the dogs are missing me more than my wife is

Oct 07, 2017 at 11:11 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.4724 #9 · p.4724 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

The Good Ol' Days of Air Shows that I remember

https://youtu.be/WOKnW1qdGus

Oct 08, 2017 at 02:04 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
p.4724 #10 · p.4724 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

HI Mark, yup, for pay.

The outside

msalvetti wrote:
Way to go, Laura. For pay?

Mark

NightOwl Cat 2017

NIKON D3    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/8.0    1/13s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Oct 08, 2017 at 12:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4724 #11 · p.4724 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Glenn Watson wrote:
Good to see you back around Rodolfo......an I like the way you think! I can help you into a real nice Meridian with the time comes!

Nice shot! The Meridian is not for me, however, nor is anything that runs on a turbine. I have some use for that kind of platform, but not enough to own one. I want an airplane I can fly 200-300 hours a year, and that means a machine whose economics make sense for me to use when traveling alone, too. The magic happy numbers are 200 knots, 950nm plus IFR reserves, and roughly $200-250/hr in operating costs. Those are not absolute requirements... but the more I deviate from those numbers, the less I use the airplane.

Obviously there are very few pistons that can make all three numbers. But there are zero turboprops who can make those cost numbers, and I'm far more interested in flying at a lower cost (which means flying more hours to more places and having more fun) than I am in flying faster or farther. And not insignificantly, I enjoy flying piston-powered airplanes more: I'm a pilot who likes to go places, not a traveler who wants transport... the more fluid dynamics of stick-and-rudder flying in pistons are more fun than the more procedure-driven A-to-B turbine travel.

Oct 08, 2017 at 09:52 PM
brian_sp
• • • •
p.4724 #12 · p.4724 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

USM IS wrote:
Well, I will put a few of the small guy's (RC) since all the close airshows are gone and the airport chased me away. And one will have nose art, so if it offends the management and I get kicked off, it was nice knowing you all. I guess I have to find out what is acceptable for the new rules. Since I will be the least missed here, I will give it a try. For if I can't post what I take, there isn't much use of being........Mike

outstanding Mike, some of the best RC photos i have ever seen, well done, you made them look like the real thing

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:46 AM
brian_sp
• • • •
p.4724 #13 · p.4724 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

a few from the Hour of Power show friday evening at Airshow London

and the finale, the canadian demo recovery dragging the tail hook

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:54 AM
USM IS
• • •
p.4724 #14 · p.4724 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thank you very much Brian, wonderful low light work on yours.

Mike

brian_sp wrote:
outstanding Mike, some of the best RC photos i have ever seen, well done, you made them look like the real thing

Oct 09, 2017 at 01:09 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4724 #15 · p.4724 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Nice shot! The Meridian is not for me, however, nor is anything that runs on a turbine. I have some use for that kind of platform, but not enough to own one. I want an airplane I can fly 200-300 hours a year, and that means a machine whose economics make sense for me to use when traveling alone, too. The magic happy numbers are 200 knots, 950nm plus IFR reserves, and roughly $200-250/hr in operating costs. Those are not absolute requirements... but the more I deviate from those numbers, the less I use the airplane.

Obviously there are very
...Show more

Thats a tall order for a certified Piston! A Lancair Legacy would be an excellent solo traveller! I just love spending other peoples money.

Glenn

Oct 09, 2017 at 02:47 PM
Rodolfo Paiz
• • • • •
p.4724 #16 · p.4724 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Yes, overall a tall order, especially on the cost side. The problem is that I live in Miami and I travel primarily to major cities throughout the Americas, which means two things: pretty much everything that interests me is a good distance away (and much of it over water); and I have excellent airline service to nearly everywhere. Not the ideal situation for a GA pilot.

I've always loved Lancair, a Legacy would be a ton of fun, and for solo travel, it would certainly make or beat all the numbers... but two things: there's no way I'm taking on the maintenance/ownership responsibilities of a kit airplane, and there's no way I'm buying two airplanes (been there, done that, not going there again...) so I need to focus on something with at least four seats, ideally six.

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:46 PM
brian_sp
• • • •
p.4724 #17 · p.4724 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

USM IS wrote:
Thank you very much Brian, wonderful low light work on yours.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Oct 09, 2017 at 04:29 PM
Glenn Watson
• • • •
p.4724 #18 · p.4724 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Rodolfo Paiz wrote:
Yes, overall a tall order, especially on the cost side. The problem is that I live in Miami and I travel primarily to major cities throughout the Americas, which means two things: pretty much everything that interests me is a good distance away (and much of it over water); and I have excellent airline service to nearly everywhere. Not the ideal situation for a GA pilot.

I've always loved Lancair, a Legacy would be a ton of fun, and for solo travel, it would certainly make or beat all the numbers... but two things: there's no way I'm taking on
...Show more

Ha! In that case TN 550 Bonanza would satisfy all that and look good doing it! and you could rip the doors off for photo shoots to boot!

Anybody at NBAA? I'll be there wed-thur.

Glenn

Oct 10, 2017 at 05:08 AM
ELinder
• • •
p.4724 #19 · p.4724 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Great use of light these last 2 pages, well done all!

How's a Cirrus compare to a Bonanza comfort-wise? Never flown in one.

Erich

Oct 10, 2017 at 02:06 PM
BConn

p.4724 #20 · p.4724 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

stevez wrote:
How about one more?

Oh my god. This photo is AMAZING!!!!

I would kill to one day be able to do air2air. Incredible work Steve!

Oct 10, 2017 at 06:31 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password