Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              1000              1002              1013       1014       end

Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1001 #1 · p.1001 #1 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
Thank you Bill! I was ecstatic about being able to shoot the F-18s in such beautiful light. I think it's my natural reflex to keep the whole plane in frame, unless I got stuck with a prime lens or too slow to zoom out when using a zoom lens. With this particular one, I think I intentionally clipped the wings to get a real closeup shot. It turned out to be an interesting visual presentation. The last two (the two P-51s) were cropped just a bit to keep the images symmetrical.

Here is the high resolution file (36 MP JPEG)
...Show more
You are an AMAZING person and photographer Douglas my friend! We all can learn much from you!

I hope you enjoy Denmark and the D-Day reunion! That day should be a day of solemn reflection for all US citizens and for all European citizens.
Our children know very little of this Day or much of WWII. I asked my step grandson what D-Day was and he said it is "donut day"! Apparently the schools teach very little of our past anymore....at least what made the US of A a great Country aand a world leader not a world menance!

Have a safe trip brother!
Dan

Apr 23, 2024 at 09:57 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1001 #2 · p.1001 #2 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Mr Manchester is not noted for his "short" books Ray! While in college ,and a History major, I dreaded seeing his books on my reading assignments! No "Cliffnotes" on his books did them justice.
Dan

Yes, I have read/reading several of his books. 50% of the biography/history is about the culture of the time and how that may have evolved the subject. He also likes to throw in French sayings/poems (glad my wife speaks French so I don't have to translate them myself).

Apr 23, 2024 at 09:58 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1001 #3 · p.1001 #3 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Yes, I have read/reading several of his books. 50% of the biography/history is about the culture of the time and how that may have evolved the subject. He also likes to throw in French sayings/poems (glad my wife speaks French so I don't have to translate them myself).

Yes and I appreciate that "backstory" when I can read at my leisure Edie Wrei. But when you have History as a major, one's reading list is quite extensive and very time consuming!

Enjoy them Ray! Wish some of his books were required in our high schools.

Crops in for this year?
Dan

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:02 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.1001 #4 · p.1001 #4 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Yes and I appreciate that "backstory" when I can read at my leisure Edie Wrei. But when you have History as a major, one's reading list is quite extensive and very time consuming!

Enjoy them Ray! Wish some of his books were required in our high schools.

Crops in for this year?
Dan

Yes, corn. We had a scare a couple of weeks ago. We had over 8 inches of rain in 12 hours. The corn was about 6-8 inches tall and underwater in some places. My drive washed out. I had set some large rocks around a garden to divert the water away from my drive to a concrete wash area I had built over my drive. The water was so high forceful it flowed over the rocks, some 12" tall. But everything looks good now. Corn is about 18 inches now and growing.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:24 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1001 #5 · p.1001 #5 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Spring can be a very fickled time for farmers as you well know Ray! My farming neighbors have been rushing to get their seed in between rains and very high winds and frost the last few nights.

Texas farm land is very much like the fields of Iowa. Horizon to horizon and no places for run off! In Iowa the saying was "knee high by the 4th of July!"
Glad your crop is in Ray! Here is hoping for a bountiful and profitable year!
Dan

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:35 AM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.1001 #6 · p.1001 #6 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Danpbphoto wrote:
Spring can be a very fickled time for farmers as you well know Ray! My farming neighbors have been rushing to get their seed in between rains and very high winds and frost the last few nights.

Texas farm land is very much like the fields of Iowa. Horizon to horizon and no places for run off!
Glad you crop is in Ray! Here is hoping for a bountiful and profitable year!
Dan

Yep, my farmer continues to fight to get out of the red with the high oil prices. So much of what he does depends on oil products. I think it cost over
$30,000 to replace the tires on his main tractor. Fertilizer, almost unobtainium due to cost, I don't think he fertilized my place this year. Others have gone back to injecting anhydrous ammonia into the soil.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:51 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1001 #7 · p.1001 #7 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Yep, my farmer continues to fight to get out of the red with the high oil prices. So much of what he does depends on oil products. I think it cost over
$30,000 to replace the tires on his main tractor. Fertilizer, almost unobtainium due to cost, I don't think he fertilized my place this year. Others have gone back to injecting anhydrous ammonia into the soil.

Many of the grain farmers around me have co-op'd with the dairy farmers to spread the extra winter's barn manure on their lands to reduce the cost of fertilizer and fuel. Doesn't help that much but it is some help. A few farmers are even not plowing between the rows. But that is an added expense and extra time the following year. Crop rotation is a must!

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:58 AM
Jan-Arie
• • • •
p.1001 #8 · p.1001 #8 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
250 miles from Schleswig AB to Berlin, 4.5 hours by auto, here in Texas that is a day trip!

Of course you guys have the train making it much quicker and relaxing with water and snacks included. (The train from Hamburg to Berlin included snacks.)

no train this time all by car, Probably drive half way Friday after the tiger meet get a Hotel and drive some on the Saturday.
Visit the ILA show on Saturday and Maybe a museum on the Sunday, and back home on Monday.
Easy peasy

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:22 PM
JayDavis
• • • •
p.1001 #9 · p.1001 #9 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Had a quick job this morning at Love Field, and this beauty came in.

I'm partial to Lone Star One, but this is the second best special scheme out there.

Apr 23, 2024 at 03:17 PM
Bill Gass
• • • • •
p.1001 #10 · p.1001 #10 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

That's a beauty Jay...Not sure bout the yellow on the tail tho-

Apr 23, 2024 at 05:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JayDavis
• • • •
p.1001 #11 · p.1001 #11 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Thanks Bill.

That style of tail is on all of their special schemes, no matter the fuselage pattern.

Apr 24, 2024 at 08:23 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1001 #12 · p.1001 #12 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Bill Gass wrote:
Nice work Jim, fun to help out like that.

YES Congrats and a huge THANK YOU Jim and Shelia!!! Well done!
Dan

Apr 24, 2024 at 09:40 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1001 #13 · p.1001 #13 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

JayDavis wrote:
Thanks Bill.

That style of tail is on all of their special schemes, no matter the fuselage pattern.

LOve the SW paints schemes Jay! I am on the flight path into both Baltimore and Dulles. While Dulles handles the "big Johnsons" BWI handles all SW flights and their planes are beautiful gliding into BWI!
Dan

Apr 24, 2024 at 09:42 AM
XHawkeye
• •
p.1001 #14 · p.1001 #14 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

747 double-tap touch and go at LAX <--- Click for twitter video (no sound)

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:24 PM
RWNPhoto
• •
p.1001 #15 · p.1001 #15 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

XHawkeye wrote:
<--- Click for twitter video (no sound)

Nice and soft landing there.....

Apr 24, 2024 at 08:40 PM
henry albert
• • •
p.1001 #16 · p.1001 #16 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Ray Swindle wrote:
Yeah, I thought William Manchester's three book biography of Winston Churchill was long, the first book is 881 pages, I haven't begun the second.

You might want to skip the third one. It was finished by a third party because of Manchester's deteriorating health. Many errors of fact.

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:22 PM
Ray Swindle
• • •
p.1001 #17 · p.1001 #17 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

henry albert wrote:
You might want to skip the third one. It was finished by a third party because of Manchester's deteriorating health. Many errors of fact.

Thanks for that input. He is very familiar with WM's works and has recommended the ones I have read. I will ask him about it. I have the first two, my son-in-law (history professor with a focus on Ireland) is looking for the third for me, although at the time he didn't seem too enthused about it.

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:28 PM
cs3is
• • •
p.1001 #18 · p.1001 #18 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Douglas L wrote:
Now you reminded me, Bill. June 6, 2024 will be the 80 anniversary of D-Day! It is going to be a big ceremony there I figure. Too bad most of the living WWII vets are 100 plus or minus. I have visited Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery in Normandy, not something I will ever forget. Thursday June 6 will be my first day of air to air in Denmark, and second day will be Saturday June 8, if everything is confirmed.

Worked on a couple files today, Rob Holland, F-18 demo, Quick Silver and Gunfighter.

Another Steller Set Doug

Apr 26, 2024 at 09:07 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1001 #19 · p.1001 #19 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

XHawkeye wrote:
747 double-tap touch and go at LAX <--- Click for twitter video (no sound)

I watched this a couple times. Scary stuff!
---------------------------------------------

cs3is wrote:
Another Steller Set Doug

Thank you sir!

My next airshow will be the MCAS Cherry Point show. Very good lineup. I have never seen the F-22 popping flares, I knew it did at some shows last year, but not the ones I went to. I heard from someone this year it will pop flares at all shows, not sure if there is any truth to that. Will see. I will need to leave my house at 3:00 AM in order to be at the gate by 9:00.

Apr 27, 2024 at 05:23 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1001 #20 · p.1001 #20 · Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

Jan-Arie wrote:
no train this time all by car, Probably drive half way Friday after the tiger meet get a Hotel and drive some on the Saturday.
Visit the ILA show on Saturday and Maybe a museum on the Sunday, and back home on Monday.
Easy peasy

Aviation Photocrew hinted we MAY get to do air to air with an F-4 Phantom from Greece that's coming to Denmark for the Danish Air Force Show in June. I don't recall ever seeing one flying in person. Would be a real rare opportunity.

Apr 27, 2024 at 05:28 PM
1       2       3              1000              1002              1013       1014       end

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.