Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules · Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
  

Archive 2006 · #227: Shivering Fear…

  
 
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Can you imagine her feelings in that dark and cold Dungeon?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The picture was taken in total darkness, with the exception of a brush of lighting
on the model’s right side from a hand held LED flashlight; exposed for 4 seconds
at ISO 1600)

I missed you all! It’s great to be back!








Nov 02, 2006 at 07:36 AM
Tom Basore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Nice shot John, great use of the frame. Didn't I see this girl's picture on a milk carton a few weeks ago? I'll check the trash and get back to you....


Good take on this WA.



Nov 02, 2006 at 08:24 AM
relms
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #227: Shivering Fear…


John,

Wow! Welcome back! This is a powerful image, made even more so in the way that you have chosen to light it. Kudos to your model, as well.

Best regards,
Robert



Nov 02, 2006 at 08:26 AM
ironabike
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #227: Shivering Fear…


WELCOME BACK!!!! John, I see you are up to your same old perfection. You have been missed and your photography as well. This is a very powerful image, and very creative. I love the black and white and the lighting for all of the reasons stated above. Talk about scary!!! :worried:

Jane



Nov 02, 2006 at 09:36 AM
gvarma
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Back with a bang . Well conceived, and the lighting conveys your thoughts nicely. The model seems to be smiling just a little . Though that gives the photo a different touch. Maybe she is the reason for the fear itself.
Had noticed you lurking around with your comments, and was expecting a photo for this week. Did not disappoint, welcome back.



Nov 02, 2006 at 01:33 PM
swifty
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #227: Shivering Fear…


great shot
really conveys fear...

welcome back
nice to see you here

Thanks for sharing



Nov 02, 2006 at 02:45 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Tom Basore wrote:
Nice shot John, great use of the frame. Didn't I see this girl's picture on a milk carton a few weeks ago? I'll check the trash and get back to you....

Good take on this WA.

Thanks Tom!
My 8-year granddaughter/model found your milk carton comments very funny and she’s very pleased with the favorable comments…



Nov 02, 2006 at 06:02 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #227: Shivering Fear…


relms wrote:
John,

Wow! Welcome back! This is a powerful image, made even more so in the way that you have chosen to light it. Kudos to your model, as well.

Best regards,
Robert

Thanks Robert, it was actually very cool and the wet hair kind of helped with the shivering act…



Nov 02, 2006 at 06:10 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #227: Shivering Fear…


ironabike wrote:
WELCOME BACK!!!! John, I see you are up to your same old perfection. You have been missed and your photography as well. This is a very powerful image, and very creative. I love the black and white and the lighting for all of the reasons stated above. Talk about scary!!! :worried:

Jane

Hello again Jane!
It’s so nice to be back, thanks for the warm greetings and your nice comments.
The lighting was actually very difficult because it was pitch black and it required a lot of takes, but that again is part of the fun that I’ve been missing all these months....



Nov 02, 2006 at 06:22 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #227: Shivering Fear…


gvarma wrote:
Back with a bang . Well conceived, and the lighting conveys your thoughts nicely. The model seems to be smiling just a little . Though that gives the photo a different touch. Maybe she is the reason for the fear itself.
Had noticed you lurking around with your comments, and was expecting a photo for this week. Did not disappoint, welcome back.

Oh Gotsy, you’re so clever; to set the mood, we were acting up scary stories taking place while trapped in an insane asylum…
Thanks for the comments…



Nov 02, 2006 at 06:30 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #227: Shivering Fear…


swifty wrote:
great shot
really conveys fear...

welcome back
nice to see you here

Thanks for sharing

Hi swifty!
Thanks for the comments. I’m glad to see that you are also back in action! I’m looking forward to see some of your work again…



Nov 02, 2006 at 06:35 PM
canandaigua ph
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #227: Shivering Fear…


John...........great image because it just creeps me out.
I like your choice of lighting and of course B&W for this shot
nice job!
Peter



Nov 03, 2006 at 12:25 PM
Strad
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Welcome back, John! You've been missed and now we all have to work that much harder. This is a great shot - a finalist for sure. It's that big, black negative space that really makes it creepy. Wonderful work!

All the best,

Endre



Nov 03, 2006 at 03:41 PM
rcarboni
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Scary shot. I thought the lighting looked almost like car headlights. Gave it a very creepy feel that someone either just found her, or it was the capturer returning. Nicely done.


Nov 03, 2006 at 05:56 PM
Photon
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #227: Shivering Fear…


John, everything is there, great entry! Best of luck!


Nov 03, 2006 at 06:53 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #227: Shivering Fear…


canandaigua ph wrote:
John...........great image because it just creeps me out.
I like your choice of lighting and of course B&W for this shot
nice job!
Peter

Hi Peter, thanks!
If it creeps you out I’m getting the best reward for my work…



Nov 03, 2006 at 07:19 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Response to STRAD's comments:

Andre, thanks for the welcoming comments, I’m so glad to be back even when I don’t have so much time yet, but at least I’m getting into some form of routine that allows me to hang around here a little more.
Almost total darkness helps a lot with negative space. Creepy is good...



Nov 03, 2006 at 07:24 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #227: Shivering Fear…


rcarboni wrote:
Scary shot. I thought the lighting looked almost like car headlights. Gave it a very creepy feel that someone either just found her, or it was the capturer returning. Nicely done.

Hi Bob, thanks for the comments!
The idea of the capturer returning is definitely scarier for her, I’m glad you like it!



Nov 03, 2006 at 07:30 PM
jban99
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Photon wrote:
John, everything is there, great entry! Best of luck!

Hi Jess, thank you!
Most of everything is hiding in the dark and behind the door that is about to open in front of her…



Nov 03, 2006 at 07:37 PM
cennerfelt
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #227: Shivering Fear…


Scary situation. Well done John.
Christian



Nov 04, 2006 at 07:05 AM
       2       end




FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.