FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11      
       13              17       18       end

Archive 2002 · About Us

CheckSix
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · About Us

Hi my name is CheckSix-err my pseudonym. I got into photography in December, by buying an Sony F717. My father is also a long time photographer--still shooting with a 25 year old Nikkormatt, and some Nikkor lenses from about 1970. He's just finding out he needs a new camera.

I'm a high schooler, and I go to a small private high school where there is no photography course, so I designed one for myself, and am taking it as an independent study.

I'm also interested in aviation (aviation photography), traveling, and politics. Even though I've had my camera for about 6 months, I've already started researching my next camera--which will probably be a Nikon D70.

I have no long term plans for photography, except as a hobby, but I hope to get a summer job somewhere like my local newspaper.

My photographs can be seen here: [url]www.rsphoto.fotopic.net[/url]

Apr 24, 2004 at 08:11 PM
bavanor

p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · About Us

Hi everybody (because it sure seems like I just read about everybody at FM). My name is Aaron; I am 32 years old and an Architectural Designer (can’t say Architect until I finish those tests).

I remember way back as a kid when we use to go to weddings all of the time, because my Dad was the photographer. That was my first exposure to photography. Every time I smell developer or fixer all I can think of is my parent’s house and the garage my dad used to develop film in. And always being told “don’t open the garage door until your dad says it’s ok”.

Flash forward to my college days and I am taking a photography class, wow this is fun oh and I can go home and use dad’s darkroom, even better, especially when I had questions. I was doing photography all the time after that, until I started to do blacksmithing. Then that ate up all of my free time (there is nothing like being able to pound some metal to take your frustrations out on).

Then I got back into photography by buying some p&s for my honeymoon. Man got some great photos of the Cook Islands on that trip with that little point and shoot. My photo bug started to strike back after that, but it didn’t hit full force until I started to commute from Sonoma over to St. Helena.

Driving up and over the hills from one town to the other I just couldn’t help but want to start taking photos again. Then with a suggestion from my wife, I took a class at the local Junior College. Then another, were upon I got to start using my dad’s Mamiya 645, what a great camera and oh the large negatives J. I shot some much film for that class it was great.

Being in architecture, it sure helps to know a little about photography, now my portfolio looks great (you can see some pics here http://www.valleyarchitects.com/portfolio/indepth.php). With this skill and the knowledge here at FM, I was able to get a job when my wife decided to go back to grad school all the way across the country at UGA. I am taking pictures and doing architecture here at the university now.

It was only a matter of time to get fully into digital. I started by scanning in photos, using the works digital camera and then finally buying a Nikon 5400. On a recent trip to Italy I became even more aware of the “want”, no the need for a DSLR. Now with the Olympus E-1 I am taking photos all over the place.

There is no way I would be taking this amount of photos with film. And my knowledge/skill is just improving that much more, from A. shooting a lot more and B. Sites like Fred Miranda. The knowledge here is just unbelievable and greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody,
Aaron Britton

Apr 26, 2004 at 12:40 PM
wileydd
• • •
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · About Us

Well...it took a couple of hours to read all this...a really great thread. I haven't had either the urge or opportunity to shoot much lately, and a post here may regenerate some lost initiative.

Wow, where to start My story is quite different than most I have seen here.

I was born at the tail end of the Dust Bowl / Depression days in a little town in Texas. Was raised in small Texas towns such as "Circleback" (the road ended there and you had to circle back) as a little shaver and finished high school in the oil patch of West Texas.

Interrupted college to do a stint in the Marine Corps..too young for the Korean Conflict, too old for Vietnam...finished college classes and left for Alaska (graduated in absentia). Always wanted to live here (Wiley Post was my cousin by blood and an uncle by marriage (don't ask) and was killed in an accident at Barrow with Will Rogers). I had heard about Alaska during all my youth and it was my dream to live here and fly for a living. Been here since before the great Alaska Earthquake, and in all those years wore out a good many engines in various airplanes, but never flew for a living. I have about 6,000 hours Alaska flight time with land, sea, and ski ratings, most of it in a Cessna 180 or 185. I finally decided that the hourly cost of owning an airplane made it impractical (my last moose cost about $15.00 / lb to get to the table), and sold my last plane a few years ago.

Started out teaching in the public schools, but had to get out of it before I went to jail for doing physical damage to some youngster over their smart mouth. Ended up as an air traffic controller while running my own construction business "on the side "

I retired from the FAA in February, 2003, after 23 years as an active, working controller. Never had the desire to do any thing but control traffic, and because of breaks in govt service due to the construction business getting out of hand a couple of times , I was the oldest guy there. Most of the supervisors were less than half my age when I finally pulled the plug.

Shut down the construction business a couple of years before that. Now I spend my summers on the Homer Spit operating a little espresso stand and photographing eagles, gulls, orcas, sea lions and other wildlife when I get the chance. In the winters I try to get out of the snow and visit places like Bosque Del Apache with other FM 'rs such as Gary Steele. That may be curtailed somewhat in the near future, as I am going to teach air traffic control classes at the University of Alaska this fall, and maybe the spring of 2005 as well. Won't get anywhere near the Arizona time I had planned on.

Now to the photography stuff. I was always interested in photography. My first camera was a Honeywell SLR...yes, Honeywell. Also had Pentax and Chinon SLR's. The problem was, I was always too busy making a living and raising kids to spend much time with the camera, and was always disappointed with the results.

However, when I shut down the construction business I suddenly had all kinds of free time (relatively speaking). Bought a little Oly D460 to take pictures of a house that burned, and that got me started again. Now I am just trying to gain proficiency in my favorite pastime.

Cameras: EOS 3, EOS D30, EOS 1D

I have pretty well stocked my lens kit:

Canon 600 F 4.0 L
Canon 300 F 4.0 L IS
Canon 70/200 F2.8 L IS
Canon 100 F2.0
Canon 85 F1.2 L
Canon 28/70 F 2.8 L

Not much else to tell. If any of you ever get to Homer, AK in the summer, look me up at Homer HotShots. The coffee will be on the house for you folks at FM.

This is a great forum with a lot of great people, and it's been a pleasure taking part.

Wiley

Edited by wileydd on May 05, 2004 at 08:32 AM GMT

Apr 29, 2004 at 02:29 AM
ccw863
• •
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · About Us

Wow, I finally got to the end of this great thread.

I was a hardware engineer (did my schooling in the days of CP/M, PDP11s and Vax11/780s) and went back to school to do an MSc in Aerospace (thesis involves neural networks and low reynolds number airfoils) - was in R&D for quite a few years after a short spell with Gulfstream. Last 'big' computer I used was an NEC SX3. Own business now. Sure miss the smell of jet fuel in the air.

Logged some hours in fixed and rotary-wing many years back. No chance for that where I am, so I resort to flying scale models. Crazy about sailplanes and helis.

Other hobbys include watch collecting, tube hi-fi and most of all, watching my tummy grow.

Started photography with the Spotmatic, then the MX. Switched to Contax in the early 80s and still have an RTS III to run some film through. Started digital with a dinky Kodak plastic thingy with no removable memory and went to an Olympus 3030 (what a jump in picture quality!). The D60 is my first auto focus camera, the Elan was my wife's. Thought I could use her 35-135 and 100-300 gold-ringed lenses, boy was I wrong... turned out to be an expensive trip down digital lane.

Apr 29, 2004 at 11:53 PM
Bogdan Macri
• •
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · About Us

My turn

I'm a 36 year old Aerospace Engineer working for 10 years in the field.

I was born in Romania and came to the US back in 1981.

I am not married, live in Burbank, CA and I commute daily to Long Beach for work.

Photography is currently a hobby, but I would like to make it a profession in a few years. Stressing out at my current job is not healthy, so I need an alternative.

I started dealing with photography at around five years of age, learning how to load film and other simple tasks. Later, I bought my first "real" camera (Canon AE-1) and have progressed eversince.

Other noteworthy hobbies include volleyball, swimming, music, astronomy and philosophical debates about the importance of philosophical debates...

Bogdan

May 04, 2004 at 12:15 PM
genghis45
• • • • •
[X]
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · About Us

Daschund Woof wrote:
I'm an art director on an ad agency... I've been playing with photography for about 15 years, but got waaaaay better (and more serious) after getting my first digital... So, for the clients I'm the "computer guy" and for the people at the agency I'm the "creative guy"... For my wife, I'm the "spend everything we get on photo equipment" guy...

I'm from Brazil and I've been in the US for almost 4 years now, I just love NY...

Daschund

Update: I'm also a Mac lover using OSX both at work and at home... Great to see all those different
...Show more

**********************************************************************************

Daschund, I'm four years late with this, but......

Welcome to New York!

Scott

May 05, 2004 at 03:36 AM
Chris Baten
• • • •
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · About Us

*&^%%^$@@! Do you guys know what time it is now.....

Reading your stories obliges....

Digital really brought back the fun in photography for me. Started of doing B&W as a student in the 80s, very cheap, romantic (fan of dutch people photographer Ed van der Elsken) and I (at least had the feeling that you) could 'express myself' (free after Christo). Then color slides came in with traveling, stiil comparably cheap (so fire and experiemnt at will) and expression was in composition and traveling to exiting places. With the kids came the color prints (standard comercial prints of slides are crap) for their albums. I couldnot keepup the shoot at will thingy and was disapointed about quality and influence. I also lost access to the university dark room. So what was gone was my interest. I had a canon Rebel 50e by that time with the nifty thumbwheel at the back. Grew also rather frustrated by the failure to get a grips on more subtle use of the cam than I did so far. I also did not have enough time to shoot many films to learn anything. So, no more learning, no more fun.

Then 2 year ago I bought just before the holidays a Fuji S602, still great machine!, and I learned in 3 weeks more than in many of the years before. Finally a tool to play interactively with the world around me in observation and imagination. I was fully back into this great hobby again. Still starting to learn shooting and dark room stuff in ps and trying to keep up with all you aces.

As for my private life: I am married to yet another Chris, have 3 kids under 10 (girl, boy, girl) and am 41 years old. I work as senior project manager in an independent biomedical research facility in the field of rehabilitation and ergonomics. Formal background: electrical engineer / biomedical engineer and high school math teacher. Funny detail is that I have worked the last 10 years or so on developing fully ambulatory methods for detailed human motion analysis, based on sensors like the ones used for stabilizing in IS lenses, in an attempt to put all the (clinically limited) photographic lab based systems out of business. And, yes embedded software engineering and hardware development are part of my groups job too.

I am on and off the forum mainly because my work and family get the better of me now and so I mainly shoot on holidays and business trips (conferences and meetings, allthough the latter more and more get the character of professional hit and run visits). And that is a pity, because the few occasions I went out for a planned shoot delivered my most satisfying pictures by far.

The last 4 years also a lot of my time appeared to have gone to everything related to the aftermath of a fireworks factory blast, flattening a whole neighborhood. Our house stood within 150m, but we were relatively lucky. After 4 days we could return to the house, no personal harm and comparable little damage. Still 2 years later we had to leave the house for 6 weeks for major repair of cracks etc., I enrolled already since 4 years now in a law suit started by a new neightbour (the former one died of heart failure shortly after the blast) over 15 square meter of soil and I unwillingly became quite active in local politics making sure that our neighborhood will further recover. The latter has actually turned out to be rather fun to do. All this time I did not take a single shot of the whole event or anything related. Too close, I guess.

My camera is currently in repair and I think I have decided to go for an SLR now (D70), so beware! When I get my hands on one of those you will know soon enough....

May 07, 2004 at 09:56 PM
genghis45
• • • • •
[X]
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · About Us

I've worked professionally for 33 years as a retinal photographer---this is a photographer who photographs peoples' retinas in ophthalmology. I specialize in fluorescein angiography of the retina, which is a diagnostic test which involves the timed photographic study of a fluorescent dye that is injected in the patient's arm, and then courses its way through the retinal circulation. Ophthalmology uses both digital and film photography---but I still use film at work, specifically Kodak Tri-X for the angiography, and Ektachrome 100 (Elite Chrome 100) for the color slides. I still do wet darkroom work for my office, as I have a complete darkroom in my home with an Omega point-light-source enlarger. Although I love digital as you all know, film photography still pays the rent and provides for the table, as it has for the past 35 years. Film photography has allowed me to raise two children and send 'em to college.

Besides performing the angiography in our practice, I'm also the manager of the practice, as well an ophthalmic technician---handling all the other technical tasks and essentially running the practice.

I've also lectured extensively on retinal photography since 1975, and was an Ophthalmology Residents Basic Science Course Instructor at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons, at the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in NYC, from '73 to '91--teaching ophthalmology residents about the diagnostic benefits of fluorescein angiography. I've lectured exclusively in the PowerPoint format for the past two years. My lecture slides are a thing of the past.

I've worked professionally in different segments of photography since 1969. I did a stint in the late 60s, as a darkroom tech in a professional lab in NYC called Edstan Studios, where I did fine art black and white prints, as well as commercial prints for TV Guide, and the three major NYC TV networks. I worked as a medical photographer in a cancer center in NYC, photographing head and neck cancer patients, pre and post-op. I worked as an ophthalmology departmental photographer in Beth Israel Medical Center in NYC, from 1970 to 1973---then worked for the chief of the Retina Service of Columbia-Presbyterian from 1973 to 1991. From 1991 on, I've worked in the private practice in lower NYC where I'm the manager. That's it, folks.

Scott

Edited by genghis45 on May 14, 2004 at 02:57 AM GMT

May 09, 2004 at 02:12 AM
fratello25
• •
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · About Us

In my many hours of lurking around here, I often thought of asking a similar question, partly motivated out of my curiousity to know how people can afford all this very expensive equipment. Now that I see that someone has thought of this idea, I can only help by contributing.

I'm a 29 year old lawyer... no... not the evil corporate kind... I work for the government providing legal advice to judges and courts here in Canada. I was born in Poland, but through a roundabout way, ended up in Ottawa.

My interest in photography started when I attended my first grand prix in Montreal in 1991, and decided that a little point and shoot just couldn't do what I needed it to do. I bought the original rebel quickly afterwards, which I still use, 13 years later. Quite a testament to the quality, and will hopefully provide an answer to all those worried about plastic lensmounts.

After some time of losing interest in photography, I'm back at it, and I'm slowly working at becoming as good as everyone here seems to be.

May 11, 2004 at 10:16 AM
jxpfeer
• • •
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · About Us

I'm an AIX admin for a major food retailer here on the east coast I just do photography on a pretty amateur level right now, in my spare time. i really hope to go pro some day, some day soon... but for now, the unix world pays the bills, and supports the photo hobby...

May 12, 2004 at 12:44 PM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · About Us

I'm a college student studying biomedical engineering. I have been doing web design for many years and just recently in the last few months got into photography. I am a big newbie with a newbie camera, but maybe once I start to earn some more dough, I'll invest in a cheap, used digital SLR camera and get a lens so I can take some more pictures where I can manually adjust the settings. That's about it!

PS: Reading all these bios, it's pretty interesting how a lot of people on here are in an engineering or technology-oriented career, yet choose an "artsy" hobby like photography. I guess we all just need a creative outlet away from the math world!

May 12, 2004 at 08:46 PM
booster286
• • •
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · About Us

22 years old, leo, likes long walks on the beach..

Hahaha.. ok, kidding aside. I am 22 years old recently graduated from University of California, Irvine with a bachelors of science in biology. I am currently debating where I should go for my graduate studies for Master of Public Health. I have two strong choices so far (Fresno State or Long Beach State). Anyone has experience in any of the two schools?

Got excited over my first digital camera, the lovely black and sleek Canon G2. I then needed more since I completed all learning curves on the G2. Ergo, I moved on to my first dSLR, the Nikon D70. My first set of lens is the Nikon 50mm 1.4 and loving everything about it. My second lens is a 105mm Nikon micro traded with a fellow FM'er. My recent buying impulse is the Nikon 85mm 1.4 and can't wait for it any longer.

Ok, sorry for reading this lengthy post. Anyways? ANYONE HERE FROM SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA?!?! WE CAN PROBABLY DO A GET TOGETHER ONE DAY!!

Best regards,
Yulian Danusastro

May 13, 2004 at 03:47 AM
Bill Ravens
• •
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · About Us

Guess I'm part geek, part artist, part alchoholic. Have degrees in mechanical engineering, worked for most of the major tin benders during most of career, currently working for Boeing. I picked up photography in college, been doing the visual art thing since then, hard to beleive it's been 30 years! I started digital video business a few years back, scouting movie locations and making video shorts summarizing the locations. It doesn't pay the bills, but, it's a good excuse to get out and drive around the beautiful state of New Mexico. My day job involves a lot of opto-mechanical design work. Transitioned to digital photo work about a year ago. This sure beats the old days of film, IMHO. Spent my time in darkrooms/bathrooms doing B&W, in my younger years, to the extent that people would always ask my ex-wife why I spent so much time in the bathroom. Ya gotta love it. I am really a techie! I love the workflow/process with digital. The final print, of which I have many, is only the excuse to tinker. So many peole look at prints without appreciating the effort and technology that went into making it.

May 13, 2004 at 11:44 AM
nfr5111
• •
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · About Us

Hello!
I am a newbie here. I am 33, and I work for the City of Nashua, NH Fire Department in the Communications Division. Its the greatest job in the world!

My wife and I are both serious amateurs who have a studio in Nashua. I have been shooting off and on for about 5 years, and have a lot to learn....We mostly just shoot our friends and whatever else presents itself. My wife is also a former Casablanca model, and works with another studio doing model coordination.....so I can usually score a model or 4 when I need one! I also shoot PJ stuff and have been published in a few papers in the area. I also shoot stuff for the FD.

Our studio is great for us- we bought some Alien Bees and we have a nice spot in a mill building with big ceilings and windows.

Right now we shoot Nikons.........but I have been pondering the switch to Canon. It may or may not happen.

May 15, 2004 at 08:31 AM
TwelveSixty
• • •
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · About Us

I'm a high school student who's spent most of his money on photographic equipment, 16 years old. So far I've spent around $2,400 Canadian on photographic stuff.

To make my money, I'm a freelance web page designer. I've been doing it for 4 years now but only seriously got into it this year when I realised I can make $1,000 in a week. Which I've done... twice. To think, I used to pump gas.

The one thing I love more than photography is skiing, whether skiing steep & deep lines in the backcountry or spinning and grinding in the park.

Ummm... I almost have my drivers license, (6 months of "L" here in BC before we can drive on our own), when i get that money, I'm going to be saving for a car so I can take a lot more photos and hopefully start selling them locally.

May 16, 2004 at 01:38 AM
rikz944
• •
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · About Us

After 20 pages, I have noticed a few things, see if you agree...

There are far less professional Photog's than Hobbyist's
The Hobbyist's have the nicer equipment...

Not making a judgment or anything, it's just something I noticed.

As for me, I picked it up as a way to make some extra cash. I primarily shoot youth sports which is a good living and allows me to enjoy the photography. It also has allowed me to develop some interesting relationships. Some of theses "kids" that I started photographing years ago are grown and on athletic scholarships around the country. I love shooting gymnast's. It is a thrill to document their skill. It's really great to show a young athlete a photo of them nailing a difficult move or skill.

I also accept almost any job as a photographer and have been paid to take photos of some unusual things. Who knew?

Mostly I like the freedom of it all. I like having a portrait client pleased with my work, and I like getting published, and I really like getting paid for my work (It's my own personal photo contest. If I get a check... I WIN!!) but It's mostly about the freedom.

And 95% of what I shoot is with a D60 and a 50mm 1.8 lens, but I admit the 1.6 multiplier helps that a lot.

May 18, 2004 at 03:10 AM
Trey Neal
• • • •
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · About Us

I grew up ranching in South Texas, went to college and got a degree in Agricultural Economics and promptly took a job out of college in retail management. Two years of that whipping and I came to my senses deciding to actually use some of the learnin' I got in college. Joined a small brokerage firm where I traded government, agency and mortgage related securities. Moved to Dallas to work for a much larger firm to trade collateralized mortgage obligations and eventually found my way into underwriting municipal bonds. I've lectured banking and regulatory groups about understanding and investing in complex mortgage products, been the head taxable securities trader for two firms and currently am back with the only firm that ever fired me and underwriting munis.

Started to delve into photography 2 years ago when I bought my wife a D100 and VOWED that it would be HER hobby. She made the mistake of handing me the camera with a 400mm lens attached and I was hooked. Now we have three camera bodies and a whole host of lenses and alot less money

It's great to read about everyone that has participated in this thread. Thanks Fred for giving it new life.

May 21, 2004 at 02:01 PM
btjohnston
• • •
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · About Us

I'm a network administrator for a global IT services company, and currently located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. I've been working in IT for 12 years and it no longer has the hold over me it once had. I've been a teacher, a martial arts instructor (Rhee Taekwondo), and a small business owner/operator selling computing services.

I've travelled all around the world thanks to my Dad being a hydroelectric engineer and it was in 99 that I realised my memories of places visited were fading. I bought my first SLR in 99, a Canon EOS 500 and a standard set of lenses which I still have. I realised that having two camera bodies was so liberating that I bought another Canon EOS 300 in 2002 before going to South Africa and Egypt.

I learned to SCUBA dive for the trip to Egypt so I could dive in the Red Sea.. amazing experience. I'm now looking for a digital camera that can come with me on dives.

I moved into Digital in 2003 when I purchased a Canon 10D. Since then I've picked up an L lens and hope to get another next year.

I love to shoot landscapes and nature, and I've had a photo published in an inflight magazine for an airline here in Australia. I've also won a few placings in local photography competitions. So far no money, but there's time

I'm currently studying a photography course part-time to increase my knowledge and skill and would really like this to become my full-time career.

I've enjoyed reading about other photo-fanatics and this site has given me so much information over the year or so I've been a member.

May 23, 2004 at 09:30 PM
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · About Us

Hi, my name is Terry E Norris, hence tenphoto, i have lived in Vermont all my life and have a 1200 acre dairy farm with 2 of my brothers. To keep from going crazy from milking cows I shoot pictures. My wife and myself shoot about 15-20 weddings a year and we also do many family groups and 50-60 high school seniors. I use hasselblad equipment for weddings and last year used all digital for families and seniors. I have a Canon 10D and use mostly the 50mm & 85mm lens. I sometimes get very frustrated with digital but am still plugging along. Getting the flesh tones just right is a challenge to me. I have stayed with film for weddings because of the time involved in post-processing all those images from a wedding plus I am very comfortable with my hasselblad and know just what i will get after the shot which is important to me with the pressure of a wedding. Someday I hope to sell the farm and get on with my photography if I don't get too old first, I'm 55 but have a 5 yr old son so I hope to have some energy left after farming. I love cameras and photography. Regards Terry Norris

Jun 05, 2004 at 09:31 AM
Alan Klages
• • •
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · About Us

Hello,my name is Alan Klages of Joseph, Oregon.I guess it is my turn to keep this thread going.

I was born and raised in this area on an irrigated farm and cattle ranch. Went to Oregon State University in 1977,got out four years later with a degree in agronomic crop science. I planned to work in my chosen field for a few years before returning to the farm, but a fatal farm accident took my grandfather's life and I felt compelled to return after graduation. I have been farming/ranching ever since.

My intrest in photography may be genetic.My great grandfather, a German imigrant, took many photographs of the turn of the century years thru the 1940's with the consumer equipment of the day.My father besides farming,and inventing; learned photography in WWII and took many images in Europe of the horror of war and the good times that sometimes could be found; with a Voightlander 120, and I believe an Argus 35mm 1/2 frame. He later did commercial photography with a Speed Graphic. His brother took over the business in 1960 and is a master photgrapher known primarily for his natural light portraits with scenic backgrounds. His name is Walter W. Klages.

I started the "habit " in high school,but slacked off when funds became tight during college.I bought state of the art Canon FD stuff in the late 80's ,which I still use.I plan on going digital very soon.I did some PJ work and darkroom work for my cousin's weekly rag in the early 90's until he got a real job.

I shoot mostly nature, as we are blessed with an abundance of scenery and plants and creatures in this remote, unpopulated region of Oregon. I have thousands of slides, from Kodachromes to Velvias,but feel as though I am a loner in this digital world. I only recently bought my FIRST computer and have been image processing for about three months.

In my limited spare time, I hike, climb ,hunt ,fish,telemark ski,ride horses,bicycle and tinker. All these things I am very good at. Except horses; that is my wife's love...I just need to keep the peace;maybe that way I'll get my digital Nikon!

Thanks for letting me ramble, Alan R. Klages.

Jun 07, 2004 at 04:01 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.