New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Leica Registration?

faguirre

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica Registration?

Hi, I am selling a Leica Q3 and the buyer is asking about warranty registration. When I bought the camera and loaded it on my Leica Fotos app part of this process is registration of the camera. I have noted on the FM forums that people often ask for the purchase receipt and some say to use it for warranty and “re-registration” - so is re-registration really possible? I don’t know the answer to this and want to provide accurate information to the interested buyer. I do have all the receipt info, but the camera is registered already as that is part of onboarding the camera on the Fotos app. Thanks for your help.

Jul 09, 2024 at 07:40 AM
Vetteman
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica Registration?

Just log in to your Leica account, locate the camera, click on it to open the information for it, then select 'remove product'. That's all there is to it.

Jul 09, 2024 at 05:27 PM
Luke_Miller

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica Registration?

Vetteman wrote:
Just log in to your Leica account, locate the camera, click on it to open the information for it, then select 'remove product'. That's all there is to it.

Most don't do this when they sell/trade their Leica gear. I tend to buy used and none of my used Leica purchases can be registered since they are still in the name of the original owner.

Jul 10, 2024 at 06:32 AM
Vetteman
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica Registration?

If you unregister the camera, the new user can register it. Leica has records on when the product was originally entered for warranty and will extend it to the new user that registers it if the warranty has not expired.

Jul 10, 2024 at 09:21 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.