New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

jacquesvroom
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Congratulations to jacquesvroom for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 2 votes - View Previous Winners

My wife is a psychotherapist. Her DNA makes her try to help. Nothing she can do about it.

Below, two photographs of 5-month old abused puppy she rescued last Wednesday. Tough situation: fractured front leg that has healed poorly; sores on skin from ticks, fleas, and flies; affect mostly autistic and withdrawn. Scheduled to leave the building with Elvis the following day at Dallas Animal Shelter.

He seems better psychologically, even after only 4 days of non-abuse. We changed his name to "Lucky".

Headstrong, though. He won't pose for photos unless I use a Viltrox 75mm 1.2. So I do.

Best to all.

ILCE-6700    Viltrox 75mm F1.2 E lens    75mm    f/1.2    1/500s    4000 ISO    0.0 EV  

Soulful look; hard-won, I bet.

Edited on Jun 23, 2024 at 03:28 PM · View previous versions

Jun 23, 2024 at 02:22 PM
liggy
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Here's to Lucky's new life! Well done.

The rescue group I shoot for gets most of their dogs from high kill shelters in TX, CA and HI.

My favorite dog related quote:

“Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.”

― Karen Davison

Edited on Jun 23, 2024 at 02:53 PM · View previous versions

Jun 23, 2024 at 02:48 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Love that face shot

Jun 23, 2024 at 02:49 PM
jacquesvroom
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Jeff/liggy: Thanks. Interestingly, the Dallas Shelter has recently started reaching out to a few "pro" photo groups in an attempt to get better "marketing" images for some of these endangered dogs.

Guy: Thank you. You may remember I got some criticism a couple of years ago for shooting the attached close-up of a young woman's face at f:1.2. I'm hoping to get away with it with this puppy!

ILCE-9    Voigtlander NOKTON 50mm F1.2 Aspherical lens    50mm    f/1.2    1/200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jun 23, 2024 at 03:19 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Heck I like the lady shot as well. Both images draw you in . Love it keep shooting my friend

Jun 23, 2024 at 03:37 PM
liggy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

jacquesvroom wrote:
Jeff/liggy: Thanks. Interestingly, the Dallas Shelter has recently started reaching out to a few "pro" photo groups in an attempt to get better "marketing" images for some of these endangered dogs.

Guy: Thank you. You may remember I got some criticism a couple of years ago for shooting the attached close-up of a young woman's face at f:1.2. I'm hoping to get away with it with this puppy!

It's fulfilling, isn't it? I'm sure they'd love to have more of your captures.

My group, DogGoneSeattle http://doggoneseattle.org has their fosters take photos of the dogs in their care. There are a few of us that shoot for them during adoption events and more importantly during their fundraising gala events.

We got our little pup from them (he came from Bakersfield and was a few days from being euthanized ) and he's just the best pooch ever.

Jun 23, 2024 at 04:06 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Thank you/your wife for saving this soul.

There is certainly a special place in Hell for those who would abuse any living creature.

I hope so anyway.

©¿©
LB

p.s. Excellent images!

Jun 23, 2024 at 05:19 PM
fotografur
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

😢

Poor thing. No animal should be treated unkind.
Thank your wife for us and thanks for the photos❤️

Jun 23, 2024 at 05:30 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

There are many millions of unwanted dogs throughout this world. Only solution is neutering. I travel to Mexico every winter and witness many unwanted dogs roaming the towns. The smart ones know how to mooch a meal from the tourists, the others are just in survival to see another day mode. I love dogs and it really eats at me to see such beautiful animals not wanted.

Glad there are people like you and your wife in this world that at least stops the suffering of one dog.

Jun 23, 2024 at 05:40 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

I have no tolerance for abuse of any kind! The love and companionship that dogs bring is truly a reward in life.

Thank you both for caring, looks like your pooch knows he is about to get the goodness he deserves
Love the pics, great grabs!
Karl

Jun 23, 2024 at 06:04 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Maxxus46
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Nice to see this level of kindness still exists. Adorable puppy, wish him the best. Take care

jacquesvroom wrote:
My wife is a psychotherapist. Her DNA makes her try to help. Nothing she can do about it.

Below, two photographs of 5-month old abused puppy she rescued last Wednesday. Tough situation: fractured front leg that has healed poorly; sores on skin from ticks, fleas, and flies; affect mostly autistic and withdrawn. Scheduled to leave the building with Elvis the following day at Dallas Animal Shelter.

He seems better psychologically, even after only 4 days of non-abuse. We changed his name to "Lucky".

Headstrong, though. He won't pose for photos unless I use a Viltrox 75mm 1.2. So I do.

Best to
...Show more

Jun 23, 2024 at 07:35 PM
Okamihi

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

What beautiful eyes and adorable ears! Thank you to your wife for saving this sweet baby and thank you for sharing these pictures. I like the lighting and framing of the full body photo.

Jun 23, 2024 at 09:09 PM
Alan Parker
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Very nice! Sounds like you guys are a great match for a dog that needs a good home and some extra love.
We adopted a cat from Greece in January and the story was very similar. Poor thing grew up in a dumpster on the streets of Athens and now she's a couch princess

Jun 24, 2024 at 03:56 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

I used to photograph the dogs and cats for our local dog shelter too. Which is Lucky's correct color, Jacques? He has very soulful eyes.
Douglas

Jun 24, 2024 at 06:37 AM
story_teller
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Give him a couple months and he’ll be a completely different dog! Great images!

Jun 24, 2024 at 06:52 AM
VoxLibertatis

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

That pup has seen some things. Hopefully the rest of his journey is easier than the beginning. Nice shots.

Jun 24, 2024 at 07:37 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

I can only pray that the wrath of God fall the the rotten "sum bich" that did this to this wonderful creature!
He/she/it better not become known because I will hunt them down with a "Louisville slugger" hardwood! Ahole!!!
God Bless both of you Jacques!
Ride on "Lucky"!!!
"Olde Blue was a good dog too, Lucky your a good dog too..." Loss of a SpOps soldier in Vietnam!
Dan

Oh you need a contribution for this "child" let me know PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
You or your wife find a "treat" the pup enjoys PLEASE let me know Jacques and I will send him a case!!! Honest!

Jun 24, 2024 at 09:04 AM
Jim Dockery
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Sweet phots, and sweet wife. Goodon you guys!

Jun 24, 2024 at 10:12 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

My heart swells when I read stories of people like you and your wife stepping up to save an abused animal and provide them with a loving home. Thank you. Great shots too!

Peace,
Greg

Jun 24, 2024 at 11:42 AM
Choderboy
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Poor, flea-bitten son of a bitch...

Not any more!
Now a loved part of the family. Lucky indeed.

Such a great portrait too.

Jun 24, 2024 at 06:04 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.