Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Im Back

Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Im Back

It has been a long time since I posted due to my dad having a stroke (almost 7 months ago) and having to move to Oregon to do all his caretaking... We just moved him back to Florida with us (by the beach) and things are stabilizing a bit. It has been rough!

During this time I did 3 Florida Workshops (flying back and forth across the US) and one Pacific Northwest. That coveted break/time in nature with great people has been a real life saver for me! I start my 4th FL workshop today and need the ocean! 🌊 I'll be posting a lot more now that I am finally home! I hope everyone is doing well! 😊

A couple shots from last week:

Disclaimer:
NO Generative Fill AI 🚫!

1. Sony A7R2, Canon 16-35@35mm, 0.3sec, 100 ISO
Chasing the rainbow to the location, I took the shot to show my clients how to use the foreground water to lead to the rainbow.

2. Panasonic Lumix S1R, Canon f/4 70-200 (2X converter) f/40, 1/5, 270mm, 160ISO, in camera wave panning technique creates the slightly painterly look.

New Hope - Florida

Mocha Waves

Jun 13, 2024 at 03:38 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Im Back

Sophisticated and meticulous description of incredible textural waves

Jun 13, 2024 at 05:51 PM
newyork
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Im Back

Fantastic!!!

Jun 13, 2024 at 06:17 PM
Ross Martin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Im Back

Good to see you back, Mark. Sorry to hear of the rough time with your fatherís health. Beautiful images here, I especially like the glow of light on the wave tops in #2.

Jun 14, 2024 at 10:20 AM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Im Back

Hoping for better times for your Father health, 2 lovely captures, nice back light on the caps of #2, cool effects on the waves.

Jun 14, 2024 at 02:25 PM
dakel
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Im Back

Welcome back. Hope your Dad recovers some more. Beautiful photos. I'll be visiting my parents next month and will be treasuring that time too.

Jun 15, 2024 at 12:10 AM
ratherfish
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Im Back

Really nice Mark and glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about your dad and I'm sure that's been rough on all of you. Hope the stabilizing continues! Steve

Jun 15, 2024 at 06:07 AM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Im Back

Hey Mark. Good to see you back.... Hope your father is feeling much better now.

Jun 15, 2024 at 02:12 PM
JWRisinger
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Im Back

Both images are awesome, but that second one, wow! Of all the panning wave photos I've seen from you, this is easily my favorite. Which is not a knock on any others, this one is just that good.

Also echoing the well wishes along with prayer for your dad.

Jun 15, 2024 at 02:46 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Im Back

Hi Mark

- sorry that your dad's not in good health but he's fortunate to have a caring son. All the best to both of you.

So pleased to see you back. Gorgeous images.

Take care.

Jun 18, 2024 at 02:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Al Trujillo
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Im Back

Beautiful images!

Jun 18, 2024 at 03:34 PM
Jcchavezrs

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Im Back

Great work with the waves!

Jun 18, 2024 at 04:47 PM
nicoyenny
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Im Back

WOW!!
I am glad you are doing better!!!
We surely missed your fantastic ocean photos!!
Thank you for posting!

Jun 18, 2024 at 05:46 PM
DanielJStein
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Im Back

Wow, these are amazing

Jun 20, 2024 at 07:23 AM
CDalessandro
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Im Back

Awesome work, Mark!

Carol

Jun 20, 2024 at 06:04 PM
JPuckettPhoto
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Im Back

That second photo is frame-worthy. Would love to have a beach house to hang it in. Great job!

Jun 20, 2024 at 07:08 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Im Back

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and well wishes for my dad! 😊 I'll be getting back here a lot more, soon and will get to replying asap. Thank you again!

Jun 26, 2024 at 12:09 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Im Back

junglialoh wrote:
Sophisticated and meticulous description of incredible textural waves

Thank you! All the best to you and your family!

newyork wrote:
Fantastic!!!

A gigantic thank you for your encouragement!

Ross Martin wrote:
Good to see you back, Mark. Sorry to hear of the rough time with your fatherís health. Beautiful images here, I especially like the glow of light on the wave tops in #2.

Thank you Ross. Yeh very tough time. Heís on the edge of life and the beyond right now. We are doing his 24 hour caretaking too. But he is a man of faith, so that makes a difference ()to him and us).

IndyFab wrote:
Hoping for better times for your Father health, 2 lovely captures, nice back light on the caps of #2, cool effects on the waves.

Yeah, thank you. Iím hoping for just a little more rhythm and margin in my lifeÖ EXTREMELY challenging right now. But beautiful as well. Thank you for the encouragement!

dakel wrote:
Welcome back. Hope your Dad recovers some more. Beautiful photos. I'll be visiting my parents next month and will be treasuring that time too.

Thank you! Great to be back! And EVEN BETTER to be welcomed!!! 🙂 Thank you for the encouragement! Enjoy those parents! They are not around long enough!

ratherfish wrote:
Really nice Mark and glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about your dad and I'm sure that's been rough on all of you. Hope the stabilizing continues! Steve

Thank you so very much! Yeah, tough and rough for all of us, but we keep faith, and keep it one day at a time. Even one step at a time. He is on the threshold of life and the beyond and could go at any moment. Noone knows for sure. And he lives with us as we are doing his 24 hour caretaking, which is HARD! But it is a great blessing too. The ocean, and all the workshops are a very heightened place of gratitude and solace for me right now. All the very best to you and your family!

Gregg B. wrote:
Hey Mark. Good to see you back.... Hope your father is feeling much better now.

Thank you Gregg! He is in some level of comfort but is paralyzed on one side of his body and just making it one day at a time with 24 hour full care, which we are doing. VERY tough!!! These days I get up at midnight, or 2AM or 3AM, to get my exercise in (have to self care or you will be taking care of no one!) and get to work, or I can't get anything done! Time management to the extreme!

BTW, keep up the very nice work! And tell Andy hi from me.

JWRisinger wrote:
Both images are awesome, but that second one, wow! Of all the panning wave photos I've seen from you, this is easily my favorite. Which is not a knock on any others, this one is just that good.

Also echoing the well wishes along with prayer for your dad.

Huge thank you!! I really appreciate the encouragement! Yay, a favorite! That means a lot to me. I hope to post a TON more now that I have many large hard drives FULL of waves from at least 5 years of incessant shooting! Each shoot having like 1000-3000 images to cull through.

Oosty wrote:
Hi Mark

- sorry that your dad's not in good health but he's fortunate to have a caring son. All the best to both of you.

So pleased to see you back. Gorgeous images.

Take care.

Huge thank you! We had a strained relationship (to say the least) until I was in my 30ís, and with the great help of a great lifelong counselor/mentor, she helped me to really face my dad, and have it out with him and to reconcile with him! Miraculous! We became like best friends after that. Now we are doing his 24 hour cartaking and he lives with my wife, myself and my mother-in-law! Crazy how life works. It is a blessing for all of us even in the middle of what seems very hard!

Al Trujillo wrote:
Beautiful images!

Huge thank you!!! All the best!

Jcchavezrs wrote:
Great work with the waves!

Another gratuitous thank you for the encouragement! All the best to you and yours!

nicoyenny wrote:
WOW!!
I am glad you are doing better!!!
We surely missed your fantastic ocean photos!!
Thank you for posting!

Wow, thank you so much for your words of great encouragement! Blessings on you and your family! I will do my best to get some of my 10 year backlog of landscapes, and 5-6 year backlog of wavescapes coming! After all it is my job!

DanielJStein wrote:
Wow, these are amazing

A huge thank you for your encouragement Daniel! All the very best to you and your family!

CDalessandro wrote:
Awesome work, Mark!

Carol

Thank you so very much Carol!

JPuckettPhoto wrote:
That second photo is frame-worthy. Would love to have a beach house to hang it in. Great job!

A HUGE thank you!

Most do not know it, but I do the highest end print post-processing, full time (for over 15 years now) for some of the highest end nature/landscape fine art gallery photographers in the world (nationally and internationally) if not the very highest end. Iím ALWAYS pushing the boundaries of what is possible (or teaching it) BUT Iím always working on other peoples beautiful work!!! Don't get me wrong, what an insanely incredible job and crazy privilege!!! But it is an extremely rare thing for me to be able to push these unique skill sets on my own work!!! I hope and plan on that day coming sooner rather than later. I just acquired a beach house, and my wife wants some of my work on the walls!

Jul 10, 2024 at 05:44 AM
Seabassius
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Im Back

Great pics,.

Keep hoping one of your workshops align with dates I'm back in Jax visiting family.

Jul 10, 2024 at 03:29 PM
tsaphoto
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Im Back

Good to see you back and posting. Your lossless workflow with the fundamental curve adjustments is now how I process all my photos now - landscape and portrait. Portraits are tricky and need a bit of tweaking and experimentation to get skin tones right, but the basic method destroys built-in profiles.

Jul 11, 2024 at 01:17 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.