Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

sonamair wrote:
Best way to buy and save $$$

I would like to find a way to get the 330 cc refills

this my first time buying

my printer bought new came with almost no ink

thank you

Yeah, you basically get just a starter kit with the new printers, but you never have to replace them all at once as some colors are used a lot more than others. B&H has the entire 11 color set for $2069 which is actually more per color than just buying individuals for a buck less. And the $187 for 330 ml price is a little more than an equivalent Epson cart but not grossly so. When you get into the swing of printing you'll find you're only replacing one or maybe two carts at a time.

Jun 08, 2024 at 06:46 PM
sonamair
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Thanks peter
I went to B+H
My 2100 is discontinued and turned into a 2600 with looks the same
And they say a main difference is upgraded inks
Will those work in my printer?

Jun 08, 2024 at 08:39 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

sonamair wrote:
Thanks peter
I went to B+H
My 2100 is discontinued and turned into a 2600 with looks the same
And they say a main difference is upgraded inks
Will those work in my printer?

I have no idea but generally when they upgrade the inks there is no backward compatibility. Doesn't matter because they still have the correct inks listed for your printer. You have to dig through their site with their search engine, but they're there. There are other vendors like Lexjet, Inkjet Mall, etc. which may have what you're looking for.

Jun 08, 2024 at 09:40 PM
gchappel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Not trying to open a new can of worms.
If you are trying to save money AND depending on your needs- you could consider refilling with non oem inks. They are a lot cheaper- like 80% cheaper or so.
InkOwl, precision color, cone- all offer ink sets for most printers.
I run one printer with non oem inks. (canon pro-1000). I use it mostly for test prints, give aways and work for my own home. They look great- no one can tell them apart.
I would never sell a print from that printer- those are all printed with oem inks all the way. (canon 4100). Other online testing says the non oem inks fade more rapidly than oem. I don't know, but I would never sell anything that was not the highest quality.
I will say I have prints that are several years old printed with refilled non oem inks and they still look great--- but they are not exposed to bright light constantly.
Just another option that is available. It is worth it for some, not at all useful for others.
gary

Jun 11, 2024 at 06:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sonamair
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Appreciate the thought

Jun 11, 2024 at 07:56 AM
armd
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Didn't you post a similar thread on DPReview? The answers there were accurate, namely the printer comes with 160ml cartridges. It uses a lot of ink (~1/2) to charge the system, fill the reservoirs and the print head. Performing a head alignment and initial color calibration uses more ink. After the initial set up, several cartridges may be near low. Replace the cartridges individually as you need them rather than buying a whole set. Depending on what you print and the papers you use, some inks will be consumed faster than others. Don't shy away from buying a cartridge on ebay or other sites which might be "outdated". They work fine and will save one a lot of $. While I appreciate your concerns, after swapping out some of the cartridges after that initial setup you'll be shocked at how frugal the printer is with ink compared to other systems and unlike some Epson printers it manages each color channel individually so you won't burn through other cartridges when one is changed.

Jun 12, 2024 at 10:27 AM
sonamair
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Thanks much!!
Yes I posted on both sites at same time
Very helpful info

Jun 12, 2024 at 11:40 AM
armd
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

sonamair wrote:
Thanks much!!
Yes I posted on both sites at same time
Very helpful info

Enjoy the printer and really don't overthink the ink purchasing issue. As you can observe from a screenshot of my current ink levels, I have a variety of cartridge sizes and ink capacity. I purchase them as needed and buy the best deal at the time. Probably 80% are bought second hand, i.e. on ebay and some are even outdated. On occasion, if I can't find a cartridge for a good price, I'll buy full-priced retail (though I try to avoid that). Some inks are consumed more frequently than others and again this will largely depend on your intended subject and paper type. I print more WL, landscapes, and fewer portraits and B&W. More of my images are printed on matte papers or satin finishes which can utilize MK. My light gray GY, MBK, R, and Y seem to be used the most and even though I print a lot of images with sky/water, the cyans and B aren't consumed very much. Again, your experiences may vary depending on subject, volume, and paper.

Jun 12, 2024 at 01:20 PM
sonamair
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon Pro 2100: need my first and full set replacement ink$$$

Thank you
Very helpful

Jun 12, 2024 at 01:54 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.