Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dahlia

A Dahlia from the grocery store

Jun 06, 2024 at 01:22 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dahlia

Nice Bob, I won't offer any suggestions since you didn't ask, but a couple of things might dial these in for future shots to get the detail to come through in the lighter color areas, mainly the whites.

Cheers,

Greg

Jun 06, 2024 at 03:28 PM
RockvilleBob
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dahlia

gregfountain wrote:
Nice Bob, I won't offer any suggestions since you didn't ask, but a couple of things might dial these in for future shots to get the detail to come through in the lighter color areas, mainly the whites.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks for looking and commenting Greg. I tried something different here. This is an HDR image where I painted in sections to try making the petal edges become slightly translucent towards the edge. I did paint the edges of the petals with a darker exposure to delineate the the petals - otherwise they were pure white on white. Just experimenting with something different.

Jun 06, 2024 at 03:44 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dahlia

RockvilleBob wrote:
Thanks for looking and commenting Greg. I tried something different here. This is an HDR image where I painted in sections to try making the petal edges become slightly translucent towards the edge. I did paint the edges of the petals with a darker exposure to delineate the the petals - otherwise they were pure white on white. Just experimenting with something different.

All good. I will suggest posting in the nature and wildlife forum "IF" you are looking for feedback. Lots to learn from that great group of folks!

Cheers,

Greg

Jun 06, 2024 at 04:42 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.