Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3       end
  

Grand Canyon Rainstorm

  
 
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Congratulations to Ross Martin for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 9 votes - View Previous Winners


This year I was blessed to make a trip to the Grand Canyon south rim. Iíve been there before on clear sunny days when itís a challenge to capture special images, so on this visit I was delighted to see an approaching rainstorm as I arrived. You just canít beat the atmosphere and special moods added by inclement weather! Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy these views.





















Edited on May 24, 2024 at 08:32 PM · View previous versions



May 24, 2024 at 12:29 PM
adventure_photo
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Very nice, all of them have a nice sense of depth and layering. I'm sure it was an amazing trip!


May 24, 2024 at 01:52 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


adventure_photo wrote:
Very nice, all of them have a nice sense of depth and layering. I'm sure it was an amazing trip!


Thank you Scott! I so love layers in the landscape 😍



May 24, 2024 at 07:12 PM
gmccroskery
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


These are wonderful, Ross! I especially like #3, as that sunset lighting is just beautiful. The last time I was there, my wife and I took one of the park buses to one of the overlooks at sunset. It was funny to see everyone gathered on the side facing the sunset, while I was (like you) on the other side catching the light on the formations.
Nice work here!

Greg



May 25, 2024 at 07:58 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


gmccroskery wrote:
These are wonderful, Ross! I especially like #3, as that sunset lighting is just beautiful. The last time I was there, my wife and I took one of the park buses to one of the overlooks at sunset. It was funny to see everyone gathered on the side facing the sunset, while I was (like you) on the other side catching the light on the formations.
Nice work here!

Greg


Thank you, Greg! Have you been there quite a few times? It never gets old, right?



May 26, 2024 at 07:03 PM
gmccroskery
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Ross Martin wrote:
Thank you, Greg! Have you been there quite a few times? It never gets old, right?


There's no way that amazing view could ever get old! Actually, I have not been there but a couple times in my life. The last time, which I referred to was a few years back when my wife and I were returning from a corporate conference I had to photograph in Las Vegas. (I say 'had to', because I personally detest Las Vegas. :-))
The really positive thing about that trip was our time at the Grand Canyon and also at Sedona. I got a lot of wonderful images from both of those spots. The really negative thing is that my wife had to drive all the way from Sedona back to Austin, via a 1 night stopover at a hospital emergency room in El Paso due to a near-pneumonia respiratory infection I picked up in Vegas!

Greg



May 27, 2024 at 08:23 AM
Jim Dockery
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Wonderful shots. A storm like this makes a trip.


May 27, 2024 at 08:50 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


gmccroskery wrote:
There's no way that amazing view could ever get old! Actually, I have not been there but a couple times in my life. The last time, which I referred to was a few years back when my wife and I were returning from a corporate conference I had to photograph in Las Vegas. (I say 'had to', because I personally detest Las Vegas. :-))
The really positive thing about that trip was our time at the Grand Canyon and also at Sedona. I got a lot of wonderful images from both of those spots. The really negative thing is that my
...Show more

Oh man, an eventful trip!




May 27, 2024 at 06:27 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Jim Dockery wrote:
Wonderful shots. A storm like this makes a trip.


Thanks much Jim! Glad to have been there 😍




May 27, 2024 at 10:34 PM
Peire
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Voted.


May 28, 2024 at 04:33 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Peire wrote:
Voted.


I really appreciate that, Piotr!

Cheers,
Ross



May 28, 2024 at 10:17 AM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Amazing presentation of perspective view of the Grand Cayon


May 28, 2024 at 04:01 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


junglialoh wrote:
Amazing presentation of perspective view of the Grand Cayon


Thank you Jung!



May 28, 2024 at 09:44 PM
slavd2020
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Fantastic collection that shows the moods of this incredible landscape!


May 29, 2024 at 12:33 PM
stgrove
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Nicely done sequence.


May 29, 2024 at 01:02 PM
ZachPhoto
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


These are absolutely beautiful. I really like the first one, in color. I think I prefer it to the b&w, but I keep going back and forth. Thereís such a great sense of depth and abstraction from the black and white. Both are just fantastic.


May 29, 2024 at 01:26 PM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


slavd2020 wrote:
Fantastic collection that shows the moods of this incredible landscape!


Thank you my friend! I wish I was back there right nowÖ



May 29, 2024 at 07:27 PM
msk2193-1
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


Beautiful, every one of them.


May 29, 2024 at 09:57 PM
Aztatlan
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


A beautiful collection!


May 30, 2024 at 08:26 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Grand Canyon Rainstorm


stgrove wrote:
Nicely done sequence.


Lou, thank you for the positive feedback



May 30, 2024 at 10:10 AM
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.