FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Long term Q3

Yarosuav
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Long term Q3

newyork wrote:
Howís iso around 6400? No big deal since thereís denoise in LR?

Yeah, Q3 has better high ISO performance I believe, but I donít really do a lot of high ISO shooting so donít have much experience hereÖ

May 17, 2024 at 08:35 PM
newyork
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Long term Q3

Iím going to go for M mount again. After some thinking I think thatís the best for me.

Iím curious if anyone can name a few Voigtlanders that are favorites here that have a focus tab as well as being nice and compact. Mostly interested in 35, 40 and 50 as a sole lens. Later Iíll worry about wide or tele and/or fast.

I know the ultronii is a good one as well as the Mc 1.4 ii.

May 18, 2024 at 04:46 PM
Yarosuav
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Long term Q3

newyork wrote:
Iím going to go for M mount again. After some thinking I think thatís the best for me.

Iím curious if anyone can name a few Voigtlanders that are favorites here that have a focus tab as well as being nice and compact. Mostly interested in 35, 40 and 50 as a sole lens. Later Iíll worry about wide or tele and/or fast.

I know the ultronii is a good one as well as the Mc 1.4 ii.

I have the Nokton 35mm F1.5. Thereís a whole thread about it. It has a focus tab, is more compact the the Leica equivalent (the FLE) and offers much better build quality (Iíd know - I have the FLE vI plus two copies, silver and black, of the FLE vII with close focus, and also the Silver Rim reissue. The build quality on the Nokton blows them all out of the waterÖ).

Seriously the 35mm F1.5 Nokton is a steal and a bargain, while not compromising on image or build quality. But itís not a LeicaÖ

May 18, 2024 at 05:55 PM
newyork
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Long term Q3

Fantastic. Iím going to look now. I am more than happy to go voigtlander

Yarosuav wrote:
I have the Nokton 35mm F1.5. Thereís a whole thread about it. It has a focus tab, is more compact the the Leica equivalent (the FLE) and offers much better build quality (Iíd know - I have the FLE vI plus two copies, silver and black, of the FLE vII with close focus, and also the Silver Rim reissue. The build quality on the Nokton blows them all out of the waterÖ).

Seriously the 35mm F1.5 Nokton is a steal and a bargain, while not compromising on image or build quality. But itís not a LeicaÖ

May 18, 2024 at 06:18 PM
newyork
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Long term Q3

This the one?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1603144-REG/voigtlander_ba360b_nokton_50mm_f_1_5_aspherical.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&smpm=ba_f2_lar&lsft=BI%3A514&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh05qQ619wpjaLRFr6L3crECH&gclid=CjwKCAjwo6GyBhBwEiwAzQTmc0rtjLnjEpew27c_MExmOHzM8j1MvvA-WLrkVxMS4xfLp91pCNAf1RoCAfkQAvD_BwE

Yarosuav wrote:

May 18, 2024 at 06:22 PM
Yarosuav
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Long term Q3

newyork wrote:
This the one?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1603144-REG/voigtlander_ba360b_nokton_50mm_f_1_5_aspherical.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&smpm=ba_f2_lar&lsft=BI%3A514&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD7yMh05qQ619wpjaLRFr6L3crECH&gclid=CjwKCAjwo6GyBhBwEiwAzQTmc0rtjLnjEpew27c_MExmOHzM8j1MvvA-WLrkVxMS4xfLp91pCNAf1RoCAfkQAvD_BwE

No, I was talking about the 35mm one. Iím mostly a 35mm guy personally on my M.

May 18, 2024 at 08:32 PM
newyork
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Long term Q3

I apologize. I missed where it said 50. Iím looking at 35.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1733764-REG/voigtlander_ba373b_nokton_vintage_line_35mm.html

Yarosuav wrote:
No, I was talking about the 35mm one. Iím mostly a 35mm guy personally on my M.

May 18, 2024 at 08:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gilgabo
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Long term Q3

Q3 has become my most used camera, mainly because it goes with me everywhere. Arguably one of their sharpest optics on their highest resolving color sensor, and the resulting ability to have very usable crops down to effective 50mm crop allows me to not feel that I should've brought my M. And passable "macro" for food and flower shots, now made easier with the articulating LCD, makes this for some the only camera they'd need for general reasonably wide to normal use.

LEICA Q3    SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH. lens    28mm    f/5.6    1/640s    100 ISO    -2.0 EV  

LEICA Q3    SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH. lens    28mm    f/4.0    1/1250s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

LEICA Q3    SUMMILUX 1:1.7/28 ASPH. lens    28mm    f/1.7    1/8000s    100 ISO    -0.6 EV  

May 20, 2024 at 08:33 PM
newyork
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Long term Q3

My goodness those are beautiful

gilgabo wrote:
Q3 has become my most used camera, mainly because it goes with me everywhere. Arguably one of their sharpest optics on their highest resolving color sensor, and the resulting ability to have very usable crops down to effective 50mm crop allows me to not feel that I should've brought my M. And passable "macro" for food and flower shots, now made easier with the articulating LCD, makes this for some the only camera they'd need for general reasonably wide to normal use.

May 20, 2024 at 09:17 PM
patotts
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Long term Q3

I've only had the Q3 for about a month. I've owned the Q, Q2 and Q2M before, but it has been a good long while since I owned a Q camera, so I'm very much coming back to it with fresh eyes.

I honestly wish I hadn't bought the Q3. While I really enjoy the image quality, I find it a bit too slow to use for my tastes. Compared to Sony, the AF is frustrating. It is rather slow to operate (turn on, change modes, etc.). I subscribe to the "less is more" theory, but I find that having a Sony a7RV set up correctly with custom buttons is actually more intuitive and less cumbersome to operate than the Q3.

I fully understand that for the right use cases, it may be a "perfect" camera, but it just isn't the right tool for me to have in my toolbox, especially at that price.

Edited on May 21, 2024 at 11:31 AM · View previous versions

May 21, 2024 at 09:24 AM
newyork
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Long term Q3

Iím going to go for the M system. That and my Z8 will make a great pair. Iíve had the pair before and needed some quick cash selling the M. I instantly regretted it.

I prefer 50 but Iím considering 35mm. Either way Iím looking to go small. My 50 1.2 was too fat and heavy imo. I may do 28 skopar and 50 1.5 mcii if possible.

May 21, 2024 at 09:35 AM
gordec
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Long term Q3

I do wish the Q is a little smaller but bigger than Rx1r. I do wish it's a native 35mm. Cropping to 35 is still an extra step. Other than that, it's pretty amazing as a whole package. Q3 is basically perfect as a carry everywhere camera. I'm not sure if there is much to improve on for what it's intended for.

May 21, 2024 at 03:34 PM
hsiunghsiung
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Long term Q3

As someone who enjoys both stills and video, I think I would have preferred the sony a7cr with like a 40mm f2.8 or something. My view is that the a7cr has better AF, good 4k 60p video (really bad on Q3 with moire/artifacting), and cheaper package. The Q3's leaf shutter a pro against the a7cr though which is nice if you take photos at weddings or quieter venues.

May 24, 2024 at 10:35 PM
1              end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.