Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

E mount Samyang 85/135 on Z mount, anyone?

Gunigaon

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · E mount Samyang 85/135 on Z mount, anyone?

Samyang has terrific primes, now on their 2nd iteration, for Sony E mount. Namely, 35/50/85 1.4 and 135 1.8. These lenses are known for their character and classic film like rendering, especially the 85/135 are a take on their much liked MF lenses.

But Samyang doesn't make those lenses for Z mount for whatever reason. So here's my question:

I know FE mount lenses when used on Z mount throw away distortion and such corrections. Has anyone used the 85 or 135 on Z mount?

Is it safe to say that a short tele and a medium tele will not have any such problems, and they won't need any corrections to begin with, compared to wide angle lenses?

Thanks
Guni

May 15, 2024 at 10:49 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · E mount Samyang 85/135 on Z mount, anyone?

The lack of distortion correction natively doesn't really matter unless you shoot JPEG. In Lightroom, you can easily select the correct lens distortion profile (and to make it faster, I have one click actions to apply that for my E mount lenses).

May 15, 2024 at 01:34 PM
ajamils
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · E mount Samyang 85/135 on Z mount, anyone?

I've not used others but Samyang 50 II works well on Z8. Beautiful rendering and color. Unfortunately, I'm selling it as Tamron 35-150 has replaced most of my primes.

May 16, 2024 at 10:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.