Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

Brownr
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

I doubt if I will ever see another light show like this from my location here in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. The last time I saw anything like this was when I was a kid and that was a lot of years ago. Back then they were just green hues and nothing close to what I saw this past Friday night. I was back out the following night hoping to see more but I guess they wanted others to experience the beauty as well : )

Truly a spectacular light show like no other!

Enjoy

May 13, 2024 at 12:35 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

#3 is fantastic!!! All are super!!!

Are the wildfires influencing visibility? Night or day?
Again SUPER!
Dan

May 13, 2024 at 10:25 AM
Brownr
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

Thanks Dan,

Hard to believe but the Wildfire Season has started to the North of us in Fort Nelson which is about a 15 hr drive from where I live. Fortunately we've had no smoke yet! I've witnessed the fires to many times across the lake in the valley from where I live which is getting a little to close for comfort. Two years ago I had burnt pine needles and ash covering my vehicles and driveway. Amazing how far the embers can travel when getting sucked up in the heat vortex. Climate change is real and this past winter the older vineyards had a catastrophic loss of grapes due to a cold snap of - 38.9 degree celsius projecting a 97 - 99% lower production level than in 2024 : (

Always enjoy your contributions to the forum. You've got a great eye!

Stay well!

May 13, 2024 at 11:09 PM
NymixGTX

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

These were so cool to see in person!

May 22, 2024 at 10:57 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Northern Lights - Okanagan Valley B.C.

Brownr wrote:
Thanks Dan,

Hard to believe but the Wildfire Season has started to the North of us in Fort Nelson which is about a 15 hr drive from where I live. Fortunately we've had no smoke yet! I've witnessed the fires to many times across the lake in the valley from where I live which is getting a little to close for comfort. Two years ago I had burnt pine needles and ash covering my vehicles and driveway. Amazing how far the embers can travel when getting sucked up in the heat vortex. Climate change is real and this past winter the
...Show more
Appreciate your kind comments Robb!

May 23, 2024 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.