New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

JJC Skin for the Q3

gordec
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · JJC Skin for the Q3

When I had the Q2, I bought the Alphagvrd Black Matrix skin for the Q2, and I really liked it. It doesn’t scream “I put cheap sticker on it” feel. When I picked up the Q3, I wanted to do the same. This way I feel comfortable not scratching it up without a case. I found the JJC brand on EBay. It’s only $20 vs $60 for Alphagvrd. I put it on last night and really like it. It’s one of my better installations. Just need to be careful around SD card, battery and USB port openings. If you don’t line up right, it can lead to sticky opening. I feel this particular skin blends in so well, it’s hard to tell there is anything on it. I prefer the texture over the Q3’s aluminum body.

I did look at one of Alphagvrd’s installation videos, their skin is cut slightly different. They chose to have larger pieces compared to JJC has more pieces to cover certain areas. Overall the fit is just about perfect for the JJC one. Just in case you are interested in something like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186041029203?var=694059446573

May 12, 2024 at 12:32 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · JJC Skin for the Q3

Thanks for posting. It looks like a very precise job! It's an affordable way to protect your Q3. The only thing I'd miss is the metal feel of the camera, but you mentioned you prefer the more textured feel.

May 19, 2024 at 01:01 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.