Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       5       end

A1 Firmware Survey
I'm on 2.01 with no problems
I'm on 2.01 and have had minor issues (e.g. battery drain)
I'm on 2.01 and have had major issues (WiFi/BT failure)
I'm still on 1.3x
I'm just curious

A1 Firmware Survey

jhapeman
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A1 Firmware Survey

OK so with all of the chatter about the 2.0 and 2.01 firmware I thought it would be useful for people browsing here to get a real sense of how many folks out there have had any issues.

Let's see what we can discover from this. FWIW, I have two A1's, both updated and I haven't noticed any issues at all. Even with the battery I am still seeing the same results as I had with 1.32.

May 08, 2024 at 08:49 AM
twodees
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A1 Firmware Survey

Still on 1.32 here. Everything working as it should and I'm going to be away for five of the next eight weeks for which my a1 is crucial.

If I'm honest there's not a lot of benefit to me in 2.0/2.01 as I shoot very little video, am in no rush to send pictures ooc anywhere and I'm not a streamer.

May 08, 2024 at 09:28 AM
ymphoto

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A1 Firmware Survey

Actually still on 2.0, which I updated to on first day of release. Hasnít given me any issues of the above so didnít bother with 2.01 especially since I have to update via computer again.

I like the faster memory card reformat, updated video interface, and focus breathing compensation. Those are something I use pretty regularly.

May 08, 2024 at 09:34 AM
mkuznicki
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A1 Firmware Survey

Can you expand your 1.3x option to ...

"I'm still on 1.3x because I don't see any benefit to updating"
(and)
"I'm still on 1.3x because I'm afraid to mess with things"

May 08, 2024 at 09:36 AM
jhapeman
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A1 Firmware Survey

mkuznicki wrote:
Can you expand your 1.3x option to ...

"I'm still on 1.3x because I don't see any benefit to updating"
(and)
"I'm still on 1.3x because I'm afraid to mess with things"

Unfortunately you can't edit the polls once they are live.

May 08, 2024 at 10:33 AM
joelRichards
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A1 Firmware Survey

I really love the new interface on v2. Same with the Creators app. It feels like what Sony should have done 10+ years ago. Very intuitive, IMHO.

May 08, 2024 at 10:39 AM
j4nu
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A1 Firmware Survey

I think it's more about how Sony handles the issue, rather than the issue itself.
Asking the owner to pay for the repair of a malfunction caused by FW update is disingenuous at best...

May 08, 2024 at 11:49 AM
jhapeman
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A1 Firmware Survey

j4nu wrote:
I think it's more about how Sony handles the issue, rather than the issue itself.
Asking the owner to pay for the repair of a malfunction caused by FW update is disingenuous at best...

Agreed but at the moment we know very little about what's actually going on so it's a ton of speculation at best. Just your statement alone assumes a) that the update can and does cause a malfunction and b) if that this is the case Sony would make someone pay. We don't know either of those to be true.

May 08, 2024 at 11:53 AM
j4nu
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A1 Firmware Survey

jhapeman wrote:
Agreed but at the moment we know very little about what's actually going on so it's a ton of speculation at best. Just your statement alone assumes a) that the update can and does cause a malfunction and b) if that this is the case Sony would make someone pay. We don't know either of those to be true.

Ekhm, I'm not making this up.
Both of these points were already reported in the other thread...

I do think Sony will come up with an official revised response eventually, but it is what it is for now .

May 08, 2024 at 12:03 PM
maestrofilms
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A1 Firmware Survey

Still on 1.32, and seriously considering moving systems.

I will wait until some sort of resolution happens.... or doesn't. But the way it stands is completely unacceptable and no Sony user, regardless of whether they have the issue or not, should stand for it.

May 08, 2024 at 12:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A1 Firmware Survey

I shoot pro soccer and on 1.32 for the obvious reasons. Until a valid update above 2.01 has been vetted by a number of photogs I pay attention to here on FM version 1.32 will remain on both A1s.

May 08, 2024 at 02:52 PM
berimbolo
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A1 Firmware Survey

I'm on 1.32. I was traveling when 2.0 was released and then forgot about 2.0 and 2.01 until I saw this thread.

May 08, 2024 at 02:55 PM
ICee
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A1 Firmware Survey

On 2.01 and everything working fine.

May 08, 2024 at 03:42 PM
Viramati
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A1 Firmware Survey

On 1.32 and am waiting to hear back from Sony Pro support UK as to cover if motherboard needs replacing before considering the update.

May 08, 2024 at 03:59 PM
Laslo Varadi
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A1 Firmware Survey

I upgraded to 2.0 and then 2.01. I uploaded photos from A1 to IPhone using the Creator App, Bluetooth/WIFI without problems. I got the A1 very soon after release date. My vote has been recorded.

May 08, 2024 at 05:36 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A1 Firmware Survey

j4nu wrote:

---------------------------------------------

jhapeman wrote:

The survey results are a very strong indication that there is no problem and that Sony's responses have been accurate and appropriate.

May 08, 2024 at 07:23 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · A1 Firmware Survey

OK, I was very brave. I just updated the new to me A1 from FW 1.31 to 2.01. This body was purchased new by the previous owner in March 2022, presumably it was manufactured in 2021 or early 2022.

I have never used the wifi features in any of my cameras, this is the first time ever for me to try. It was able to detect the wifi networks, I entered the password, and got this screen. Hope it means it's working. I have another A1 that I bought new few months ago. I also just updated it from 2.0 to 2.01. I will try the wifi thingy on that one tomorrow to see if it works.

May 08, 2024 at 07:56 PM
BillinTexas
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · A1 Firmware Survey

Douglas L wrote:
OK, I was very brave. I just updated the new to me A1 from FW 1.31 to 2.01. This body was purchased new by the previous owner in March 2022, presumably it was manufactured in 2021 or early 2022.

I have never used the wifi features in any of my cameras, this is the first time ever for me to try. It was able to detect the wifi networks, I entered the password, and got this screen. Hope it means it's working. I have another A1 that I bought new few months ago. I also just updated it from 2.0
...Show more

That is when I bought mine. S/N begins in 338 so was wondering where this one is. I don't believe it has been established S/N has a thing to do with the problems, however.

May 08, 2024 at 08:45 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · A1 Firmware Survey

BillinTexas wrote:
That is when I bought mine. S/N begins in 338 so was wondering where this one is. I don't believe it has been established S/N has a thing to do with the problems, however.

The SN of the used A1 I talked about starts with 337.

May 08, 2024 at 09:17 PM
Maxxus46
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · A1 Firmware Survey

On firmware 2.01 with no issues ( tested both WiFi and BT both are working)

May 08, 2024 at 11:18 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.