New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

CZ C/Y P100, S100, SP100 Images - Rendering Differences

coralnut
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CZ C/Y P100, S100, SP100 Images - Rendering Differences

I'm searching for photos to compare the image rendering differences of the CZ C/Y P100, S100 and SP100. I'm hoping to learn about any subtle rendering differences between the lenses from people who have intimate experience with them.

I thought it would be interesting to ask for photos using these lenses and perhaps make some comparisons to the more recent / more widely available CZ 100/2.0 MP.

I'm primarily interested in 100mm for portraiture.

Can anyone help with images or advice?

May 06, 2024 at 08:34 AM
mranger211
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CZ C/Y P100, S100, SP100 Images - Rendering Differences

I have the Contax version, and love it for portraiture. Unfortunately, I have no experience with the other lenses, but there are a few observations and photos at:

https://www.pebbleplace.com/reviews/slr/zeiss_100mm_planar/index.html

May 06, 2024 at 11:41 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CZ C/Y P100, S100, SP100 Images - Rendering Differences

coralnut wrote:
I'm searching for photos to compare the image rendering differences of the CZ C/Y P100, S100 and SP100. I'm hoping to learn about any subtle rendering differences between the lenses from people who have intimate experience with them.

You won't find too many people on the Net with all three of these classics. The S-Planar 100/4, in particular, is expensive and can only used with bellows. Furthermore, it is optimized for 1:4 and infinity performance is lousy. I never tested them against each other since the use cases are quite different. The SP100 was my only T/S lens until the Canon TS-E 135/4L was released.

Samples with Sony A7ii, SP100, strobes in studio:

May 06, 2024 at 02:37 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.