FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Half Dome's Bedtime Kiss

wayneng
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Half Dome's Bedtime Kiss

I love Yosemite and it's been a few years, so hope to come back one day soon. This is one of my favorite shots from Glacier Point at sunset, with the cloud acting as the beloved rock's night cap with a golden kiss from the last rays of sunlight. The two trees in the foreground almost act as the "parents" putting their child to sleep.

Back story given this photo was taken in 2013....

I was looking through some old photos on my hard drive and this one from a decade ago caught my eye again. This visit to Yosemite was near the beginning of my photography journey and I was still learning the basics (exposure triangle, composition best practices, etc). The original file was shot as a jpg, I had no nd filters at the time and I owned no tripod at the time. All that said, in hindsight, sometimes you just let nature do its thing and you can still capture something pretty great without really know what you're doing. But now, knowing what I know, I decided to tinker around with my spare time this afternoon and crop some empty blue sky and re-process the lighting. Hope y'all enjoy!

Half Dome's Bedtime Kiss

May 05, 2024 at 03:10 PM
Hathaway
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Half Dome's Bedtime Kiss

What a capture. That cloud was a great addition. Bob

May 06, 2024 at 10:06 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.