Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

  

Arches and Canyonlands through the years

  
 
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


A selection of my favorite views across several trips to Arches National Park and Canyonlands over the years. There is so much to see off the beaten path in this area if you look in the opposite direction as the main attractions!

1. Wall Street Monolith at sunset







2. Surprise afternoon shower







3. One cloud







4. Dusk in the valley







5. La Sal backdrop







6. After the rain







7. The Giant's Foot







8. Fountain of Creation








May 03, 2024 at 04:21 PM
The Rat
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Very nice! These are all good, but the rain shower shot is a real standout to me.


May 03, 2024 at 04:25 PM
junglialoh
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Well balanced and composed landscape photography


May 04, 2024 at 11:59 AM
Al Trujillo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Sweet!!


May 05, 2024 at 02:27 AM
DanielJStein
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Great shots, I especially love the blue hour pic. I love this part of the country.


May 05, 2024 at 08:37 AM
Ross Martin
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Loving 2 and 6!


May 05, 2024 at 12:27 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Thanks! I wasnít prepared for the sudden downpour, one of the few times Iíve seen rain in the desert. It was amazing to see how the red rock comes to life when itís wet.

The Rat wrote:
Very nice! These are all good, but the rain shower shot is a real standout to me.




May 05, 2024 at 04:18 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


junglialoh wrote:
Well balanced and composed landscape photography


---------------------------------------------

Al Trujillo wrote:
Sweet!!


Thank you both!



May 06, 2024 at 09:43 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


DanielJStein wrote:
Great shots, I especially love the blue hour pic. I love this part of the country.


The energy you get from these places is insane, there's nothing like Utah desert.
---------------------------------------------

Ross Martin wrote:
Loving 2 and 6!


Thanks Ross! I was stunned when it started pouring out of nowhere



May 06, 2024 at 05:47 PM
mjgphotoz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Scott, these really are treasured moments, aren't they! Beautifully seen, recorded and processed! Trifecta

Mary



May 07, 2024 at 03:17 PM
lightskyland
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


Those are very cool and make me want to go back to Arches again, it's been a very long time since my last visit.

My favorites are the raining image and the milky way / landscape shot.



May 08, 2024 at 07:11 AM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


mjgphotoz wrote:
Scott, these really are treasured moments, aren't they! Beautifully seen, recorded and processed! Trifecta

Mary


Thanks Mary, and indeed, some moments we'll take with us to the end! Appreciate the kind words.

---------------------------------------------

lightskyland wrote:
Those are very cool and make me want to go back to Arches again, it's been a very long time since my last visit.

My favorites are the raining image and the milky way / landscape shot.


You will probably be surprised at how heavily visited the park is if you haven't been in a while. There is often a 3-4 hour long wait in a line that backs out to the highway.



May 08, 2024 at 11:37 AM
JWRisinger
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


All nice work, but you know, I haven't seen anyone mention #4, yet that's the one that draws me in the most. I'm not in the camp that "naturalistic" is the Holy Grail of landscape photography, but that's all I can come up with here. Maybe I'm just a sucker for twilight desert light, but I just keep coming back to this one.


May 08, 2024 at 09:54 PM
RoamingScott
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Arches and Canyonlands through the years


JWRisinger wrote:
All nice work, but you know, I haven't seen anyone mention #4, yet that's the one that draws me in the most. I'm not in the camp that "naturalistic" is the Holy Grail of landscape photography, but that's all I can come up with here. Maybe I'm just a sucker for twilight desert light, but I just keep coming back to this one.


I appreciate that, it is definitely the black swan of this collection, but I tried to process it the way I remembered it...a little hazy, a little dark, but still clinging to the last color of the day.



May 09, 2024 at 12:19 PM







FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.