New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8

wolfloid
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8

I recently bought the Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8 lens in almost mint condition. It is a focal length that I very much enjoy, and it seems to me a good compromise of size and speed, and for me, better than either the 24mm f1.4 lux or the 24mm 3.8 Elmar.

The problem on testing, though, was that even though the centre sharpness and contrast were very good, from the middle of the frame, the lens was weak, and outwards to the edges sharpness and contrast deteriorated strongly, particularly on the left side, which indicated a collimation problem. I have no desire to go through the process of finding, buying and returning until I find a good specimen. I have considered the Zeiss ZM, but it is really too long for me, and has no tab. Without the fugly hood, the Elmarit, with just a slim filter and cap, was short enough.

Is there any other alternative?

May 03, 2024 at 04:54 AM
Malabito
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8

The elmar even though not fast is a beautiful lens, sharp, has pop even though it's has a slow aperture and great colors. It's really a wonderful lens.

Another option could be the zeiss 25mm 2.8, I never used it but only read great comments about it.

May 03, 2024 at 06:50 AM
Oldwino
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8

That Elmar f3.8 was talked about as one of Leica's greatest lenses when it was released. It is sharp across the field wide open.

May 03, 2024 at 08:19 AM
Malabito
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica Elmarit 24mm f2.8

Some samples with the Elmar:

May 04, 2024 at 02:37 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.