Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              end
  

Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

  
 
gear-nut
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


RoamingScott wrote:
Technically a 100mp GFX-Pan WOULD be the 100R, so they could kill two birds with one niche body.


Except it wouldn't be 100MP anymore...



May 08, 2024 at 10:12 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


If you’re expecting the XPan crop at full 100mp I have bad news for you.

gear-nut wrote:
Except it wouldn't be 100MP anymore...




May 08, 2024 at 10:30 AM
gear-nut
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


RoamingScott wrote:
If you’re expecting the XPan crop at full 100mp I have bad news for you.



Except it was you that indicated it would be 100MP in your above comment, not me. I do understand the math of crops.



May 08, 2024 at 10:53 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


gear-nut wrote:
Except it was you that indicated it would be 100MP in your above comment, not me. I do understand the math of crops.


I said they would use the part bin 100mp sensor in it. Now do the math



May 08, 2024 at 11:02 AM
gear-nut
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


RoamingScott wrote:
I said they would use the part bin 100mp sensor in it. Now do the math


Hmmm... Can't see where you ever indicated it would be binned? The underlined part of this post is what I'm referring to when I said it wouldn't be 100mp -- and FTR, *I* never even indicated I expected a pano option to be 100MP, so not sure where you got that idea.

RoamingScott wrote:
Technically a 100mp GFX-Pan WOULD be the 100R, so they could kill two birds with one niche body.


Admittedly, a big problem with forum posts is the intended meaning of what somebody writes is often missed or assumed by readers when neither is the case.






May 08, 2024 at 12:47 PM
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


The sensor would have to be what? 250mp in order for the X-Pan crop to be 100MP?
gear-nut wrote:
Except it wouldn't be 100MP anymore...





May 08, 2024 at 02:11 PM
gear-nut
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


JadedWriter wrote:
The sensor would have to be what? 250mp in order for the X-Pan crop to be 100MP?



If we did the math, I think we'd find it's pretty close to half -- or just slightly over according to a quick calc in my head -- so say 204 is close enough. But now the pixel pitch would be ludicrously small, smaller than the latest XTrans 42MP sensor, so lenses would have to be pretty incredible to hold up to it. Speaking for myself, I'm very happy with being able to take an image with x-pan in mind, crop it after the fact to 65:24 and gain some built in shift capability during post




May 08, 2024 at 03:49 PM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


You're better using the GFX frame lines for 65:24 so you don't end up using the corners in your post crop.


May 08, 2024 at 03:52 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

bernardl
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


For the sensor to be close to 60mm in width it would have to be the one used in the IQ4-150, not the sensor of the GFX.

Expect the lens(es) to be large and not very bright if you need good corners which is the whole point.

Cheers,
Bernard




May 08, 2024 at 08:38 PM
bobby350z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


gear-nut wrote:
If we did the math, I think we'd find it's pretty close to half -- or just slightly over according to a quick calc in my head -- so say 204 is close enough. But now the pixel pitch would be ludicrously small, smaller than the latest XTrans 42MP sensor, so lenses would have to be pretty incredible to hold up to it. Speaking for myself, I'm very happy with being able to take an image with x-pan in mind, crop it after the fact to 65:24 and gain some built in shift capability during post



If I am remember correctly, Jim K has said that GF lenses can handle 200-250MP sensor. So I wouldn't worry too much. Right now I use my GF250mm or the Canon 50 & 90mm TSE to get 3 frames and then combine in post and then crop. Gives me plenty of pixels if needed.



May 08, 2024 at 10:18 PM
stgrove
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


olegkin wrote:
The 'AF-ON' button is located between the S/C/M switch and the rear wheel on the GFX50S2. I could not get used to its placement and tactile feeling, and if I shot often this way, I would look at AEL button to use as af-on instead.


I have just tried your idea and also find the AEL button is placed better for my back button focus using my thumb. Thanks.



May 14, 2024 at 06:18 PM
buggz
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Are there any specs for this body yet?


May 15, 2024 at 09:39 AM
RoamingScott
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Tomorrow

buggz wrote:
Are there any specs for this body yet?




May 15, 2024 at 09:46 AM
JadedWriter
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Take a really long nap and if you're lucky they'll be available when you wake up.
buggz wrote:
Are there any specs for this body yet?





May 15, 2024 at 10:41 AM
olegkin
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


They did not say a word during announcement, but website says - "Featuring a resolution of 5.76 million dots and a magnification of 0.84x, the electronic viewfinder on GFX100S II offers high visibility."


May 16, 2024 at 12:51 AM
1       2       3              end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.