FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              4       end

Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

olegkin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

vineyard wrote:
Sony A9 and A9II come to mind. I owned them both, and functionally they were almost identical. The body was a bit different, and the A9II had a faster mechanical shutter and better networking features. Thatís about it though.

Olympus EM1.2 -> EM1.3 -> OM1 -> OM1.2
Technically, om1 was a big sensor upgrade, but it had no meaning for most photographers.

May 03, 2024 at 12:54 PM
Mujabad123
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

chiron wrote:
I would think that they could improve AF through firmware. But I am sure it would require a significant investment of resources to get it right, and those resources would need to be diverted from developing new products. So, whether they would do it is entirely another question.

Could very well be so. I noticed latest firmware updates for the Fuji X-H2S (?)...where it says " AF performance improvement" and "AF tracking performance improvement...." . For the GFX100II there's firmware update 2.10...where it also mentions AF improvements. I think they're very minor though. Maybe the 100II should be fed with more AI "models" ;-)

May 03, 2024 at 12:56 PM
olegkin
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Mujabad123 wrote:
Could very well be so. I noticed latest firmware updates for the Fuji X-H2S (?)...where it says " AF performance improvement" and "AF tracking performance improvement...." . For the GFX100II there's firmware update 2.10...where it also mentions AF improvements. I think they're very minor though. Maybe the 100II should be fed with more AI "models" ;-)

Updated, a better trained AI model, is a no brainer update for foreseeable future for cameras. Or maybe they will figure it out how to update models over wi-fi in background.

May 03, 2024 at 01:35 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

stgrove wrote:
I wish back button focus was available on the 50SII. Sure I can move the focus point around, but separating the focus from the exposure is more preferred.

It is available. Turn the switch from "S" to "M" for manual focus, and you have back button focusing. :-)

May 03, 2024 at 05:08 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

So, am I hearing the the Fuji GFX100 Tilt Viewfinder accessory will fit the new 100s II?

May 03, 2024 at 07:36 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Jeffrey wrote:
So, am I hearing the the Fuji GFX100 Tilt Viewfinder accessory will fit the new 100s II?

No, that is extremely unlikely. The reputed leaked photo of the GFX100S II looks exactly like the body of the the 100S except for a different surface material.

May 03, 2024 at 08:03 PM
stgrove
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

SGinNorcal wrote:
I have a 50S and use back button focus all the time. Is it not available on the SII?

So far I have not found it. It has a directional button. You must have the original 50S? Yes?

May 04, 2024 at 01:17 PM
SGinNorcal
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

stgrove wrote:
So far I have not found it. It has a directional button. You must have the original 50S? Yes?

Yes, the original, but I think you have it too. You can go to the trouble of turning off the shutter release focus but I prefer Makten's described method. Just flip the switch to Manual Focus then when you want to auto focus, hit the AF On button and it will auto focus. The shutter release will not re-focus when in Manual Focus mode. I like shooting this way as it allows you to do what you want. Manual focus if you want or back button auto focus. Or if you want to fine tune the AF, you can manually tweak focus. Its quick since the AF gets you close if not perfect.

May 05, 2024 at 12:02 AM
stgrove
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Thanks. So who's Markten?

I shoot MF mode too, so this sounds like a great tip.

May 06, 2024 at 07:37 PM
olegkin
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

stgrove wrote:

The 'AF-ON' button is located between the S/C/M switch and the rear wheel on the GFX50S2. I could not get used to its placement and tactile feeling, and if I shot often this way, I would look at AEL button to use as af-on instead.

May 06, 2024 at 10:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SGinNorcal
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

stgrove wrote:
Thanks. So who's Markten?

Makten is the post 4 above my last one describing how to back button focus. You didn't seem to follow so I described in more detail. I call this method "semi-automatic".

May 07, 2024 at 01:31 PM
Jonathan
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I'm so happy with the 100 ll that I'm not looking at the 100s ll. I just can't picture it having that beautiful EVF that has become my favorite feature. With a huge $2500 price gap, I am curious how they will set them apart with new features. The 100 ll is big, but I've gotten used to it. I just remind myself about all the times I carried the chubby(Nikon 200 f2), and that was worth it too.

As a constant gear shuffler, I haven't been this happy with my setup in many years.

May 07, 2024 at 02:18 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

You have a 100II. Why would you want the SII? The S tier is the budget tier.
Jonathan wrote:
I'm so happy with the 100 ll that I'm not looking at the 100s ll. I just can't picture it having that beautiful EVF that has become my favorite feature. With a huge $2500 price gap, I am curious how they will set them apart with new features. The 100 ll is big, but I've gotten used to it. I just remind myself about all the times I carried the chubby(Nikon 200 f2), and that was worth it too.

As a constant gear shuffler, I haven't been this happy with my setup in many years.

May 07, 2024 at 02:42 PM
Jonathan
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

JadedWriter wrote:
You have a 100II. Why would you want the SII? The S tier is the budget tier.

I definitely wouldnít. Thatís why I said Iím not even looking sideways at the upcoming model. Itís a step backward to me even though it may be a little bit smaller and lighter.

May 07, 2024 at 02:49 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

4th camera with the same sensor. Let's see if they can squeeze more blood from this stone.

Just like the 100S did to the 100 I somewhat expect them to undercut the 100II in a way which upsets 100II owners. Economies of scale and maturity of production on the imx461 will probably allow a very aggressive price point.

May 07, 2024 at 04:09 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

thrice wrote:
4th camera with the same sensor. Let's see if they can squeeze more blood from this stone.

Just wait till the 100R and GFX-Pan come out

May 07, 2024 at 04:11 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

100R with ibis and a set of lenses which compete with the new xcd lenses on size would be something new and likely successful rather than 4 variations on the theme we've had for years in the gfx line. The xpan idea would actually be great, just black out the top and bottom of the sensor like Leica did in the mono S pano camera for Josef Koudelka.

RoamingScott wrote:

May 07, 2024 at 05:29 PM
gear-nut
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

RoamingScott wrote:

May 07, 2024 at 06:17 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I'm convinced that we're not getting a GFX100R because the 50R sold horribly. 100 people online might beg for the thing but if only 15 of them buy it I'm pretty sure it's just a resource wasting flop at that point.
thrice wrote:
100R with ibis and a set of lenses which compete with the new xcd lenses on size would be something new and likely successful rather than 4 variations on the theme we've had for years in the gfx line. The xpan idea would actually be great, just black out the top and bottom of the sensor like Leica did in the mono S pano camera for Josef Koudelka.

May 07, 2024 at 06:26 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Technically a 100mp GFX-Pan WOULD be the 100R, so they could kill two birds with one niche body.

May 08, 2024 at 10:01 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.