Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3       4       end
  

Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

  
 
JadedWriter
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


I'm actually really enjoying the 55 1.7.
bobby350z wrote:
No new 3 buttons, same layout as GFX100s. Not for me. Maybe I get 55mm f1.7 but it will be used very little for my needs.





Apr 30, 2024 at 10:00 AM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II




chiron wrote:
It has to offer something new to justify the new model designation and the new cost, just as the GFX100 II was different from the GFX100.


Nope, since most buyers don't have the old one. I'm not saying the differences won't be significant, but they absolutely don't have to be.



Apr 30, 2024 at 05:31 PM
chiron
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Makten wrote:
Nope, since most buyers don't have the old one. I'm not saying the differences won't be significant, but they absolutely don't have to be.


Nope. Do you have any examples of a successor model camera that did not have meaningful differences from the prior model?




Apr 30, 2024 at 07:32 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II



chiron wrote:
Nope. Do you have any examples of a successor model camera that did not have meaningful differences from the prior model?



Uhm, when did I say the difference should not be meaningful? Our definitions of meaningful are obviously not the same. Any change for the better is meaningful and my point is that a successor doesn't have to have major differences to the previous model. Because the thought is not that every owner should (want to) upgrade with every generation, and the old model is phased out and will not be available anymore.



Apr 30, 2024 at 10:34 PM
Mujabad123
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


chiron wrote:
I would assume that it will also have the improved autofocus and improved IBIS that the 100 II has. Is that enough to differentiate it from the 100S?


Easy....For some it will (although not up to FF speed, the improved autofocus is good), for others not so much.



May 01, 2024 at 01:08 PM
chiron
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Mujabad123 wrote:
Easy....For some it will (although not up to FF speed, the improved autofocus is good), for others not so much.


Yes, the improved autofocus and improved IBIS along with the faster processor are significant, and I do expect them to make it to the 100S II. They are what got me to sell my 100S to buy a GFX100 II.

The GFX100 II also has other very desirable differences from the 100S which may or may not matter to particular people and which will probably not make it to the 100S II -- like the superlative EVF, the removability of the EVF and the availability of the EVF tilt adapter, the considerably enhanced video capabilities, and the much-expanded set of custom buttons.



May 01, 2024 at 07:15 PM
Peter Figen
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


I thought, like many did, that the new VF in the 100II would be to die for and what I've found is that even though I have the tilt adapter for it, I have never once actually used it other than to test it out, and in the real world, there is no difference in how easily or accurately I can manually focus with either camera. They are both the same to me when I'm using them and even though I might be marginally aware that the 100II has smaller pixels, there is no difference in how they focus. A lot of marketing hype that sounds really great - y'all know - I gotta have it great, and then it turns out to be so what.

Now, the video features really are an upgrade.



May 01, 2024 at 07:39 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


I'd love to have the tilt function, but I don't care at all for EVF resolution. I can't see the individual pixels of the old/current EVF, so what's the need for smaller pixels?
And I do a lot of manual focusing. Mostly because AF in the 50S II is crap and almost always hits the background.



May 02, 2024 at 04:47 AM
gear-nut
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


But is it meaningful when the upgrade is two capital IIís versus two small iiís?


🤣



May 02, 2024 at 07:51 AM
Jeffrey
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


A very big online retailer was showing the 100sII for $7500. Ouch.


May 02, 2024 at 10:44 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Jeffrey wrote:
A very big online retailer was showing the 100sII for $7500. Ouch.


I'm guessing that was a typo with the "s" added in by mistake.




May 02, 2024 at 12:26 PM
Jeffrey
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Peter, It was B&H!


May 02, 2024 at 02:10 PM
Peter Figen
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Jeffrey wrote:
Peter, It was B&H!


Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a typo there. I'm sure they'll fix it.




May 02, 2024 at 02:36 PM
stgrove
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


I wish back button focus was available on the 50SII. Sure I can move the focus point around, but separating the focus from the exposure is more preferred.


May 02, 2024 at 07:12 PM
johnvanatta
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Hum, I have a 100S, not a 50SII, but I thought they had the same body and buttons. I've got mine set up to [front] button focus. Wrench -> Button/Dial Setting/ Shutter AF/ AF-S OFF ?


May 02, 2024 at 10:19 PM
olegkin
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Makten wrote:
I'd love to have the tilt function, but I don't care at all for EVF resolution. I can't see the individual pixels of the old/current EVF, so what's the need for smaller pixels?
And I do a lot of manual focusing. Mostly because AF in the 50S II is crap and almost always hits the background.


From my experience with the X-T5 vs the X-H2, resolution helps with manual focusing, especially when there are many small details, such as tree flowers. I switched back and forth between cameras while testing the Voigtlander 18mm. The end results were the same, but the journey was more pleasant with the X-H2 because of its EVF.



May 03, 2024 at 07:58 AM
Mujabad123
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


chiron wrote:
Yes, the improved autofocus and improved IBIS along with the faster processor are significant, and I do expect them to make it to the 100S II. They are what got me to sell my 100S to buy a GFX100 II.

The GFX100 II also has other very desirable differences from the 100S which may or may not matter to particular people and which will probably not make it to the 100S II -- like the superlative EVF, the removability of the EVF and the availability of the EVF tilt adapter, the considerably enhanced video capabilities, and the much-expanded set of
...Show more

I'll certainly take a closer look at the 100SII once it's in store. I do not mind about video at all. removability of the viewfinder...not used yet....maybe I ever will...not sure. I don't think I'll ever use a EVF tilt adapter. Custom buttons are fine! I love the VF though.
and...AF and IBIS also!

I wonder if Fuji can improve (eye) tracking capabilities through firmware (?).



May 03, 2024 at 09:34 AM
chiron
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


Mujabad123 wrote:
I'll certainly take a closer look at the 100SII once it's in store. I do not mind about video at all. removability of the viewfinder...not used yet....maybe I ever will...not sure. I don't think I'll ever use a EVF tilt adapter. Custom buttons are fine! I love the VF though.
and...AF and IBIS also!

I wonder if Fuji can improve (eye) tracking capabilities through firmware (?).


I would think that they could improve AF through firmware. But I am sure it would require a significant investment of resources to get it right, and those resources would need to be diverted from developing new products. So, whether they would do it is entirely another question.



May 03, 2024 at 09:54 AM
SGinNorcal
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II


stgrove wrote:
I wish back button focus was available on the 50SII. Sure I can move the focus point around, but separating the focus from the exposure is more preferred.

I have a 50S and use back button focus all the time. Is it not available on the SII?



May 03, 2024 at 09:57 AM
vineyard
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II




chiron wrote:
Nope. Do you have any examples of a successor model camera that did not have meaningful differences from the prior model?


Sony A9 and A9II come to mind. I owned them both, and functionally they were almost identical. The body was a bit different, and the A9II had a faster mechanical shutter and better networking features. Thatís about it though.



May 03, 2024 at 09:58 AM
1              3       4       end






FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3       4       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.