New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       4       end

Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

chiron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

So, Fuji Rumors has reported that the price of the GFX100S II will be $5000 and that it will be introduced on May 16th.

Assuming this to be accurate, what will be left out to make the new camera cost so much less than the 100 II?

And what will be improved to make the new camera better than the A00S?

Apr 28, 2024 at 06:58 PM
envydd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Probably its 100S + new processor. That makes a lot of sense for those who want Fuji X level response times without wanting to pay the delta for the better EVF, body etc.

Apr 28, 2024 at 07:53 PM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

envydd wrote:
Probably its 100S + new processor. That makes a lot of sense for those who want Fuji X level response times without wanting to pay the delta for the better EVF, body etc.

I would assume that it will also have the improved autofocus and improved IBIS that the 100 II has. Is that enough to differentiate it from the 100S?

Apr 28, 2024 at 08:49 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

It will have Reala Ace, the new processor, and new AF, the same things that differentiated the VI from the V.

I didnít expect it to be so cheap. Iíve been wanting a 100S but am now thinking a 100Sii on its first sale is smarter.

Apr 28, 2024 at 08:52 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I have already done so much work with my 100S to the point that I prefer having it for the last 2ish months than I would waiting till May June something if I had waited for the 100SII. I still think the smart money is used 100S and putting the savings on glass since the 100SII should plummet the used price on the 100S even more.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:26 AM
gear-nut
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I like the 100s a lot. Enough that at current prices for good used ones, I wouldn't want to be without it now. The prices for gently-used 100s's are so attractive, I've considered adding a second one -- and prices are probably going lower still But I'm in no particular hurry so maybe I wait and see what the real specs on the Sii are and what the real-world differences are, and then what the actual price-differences turn out to be -- perhaps the Sii will be a better value proposition?

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:36 AM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I feel like I either wait and just cash in my DSLR gear for a 100II or just get a used GFX100 at this point. I like the IQ, AF is fine for what I do (I'm not trying to brute force this system into a full on event rig) and I'm still seeing how much I want to expand the kit regarding glass.
gear-nut wrote:
I like the 100s a lot. So much I have been thinking about adding a second one because the prices of gently-used ones are so attractive right now -- and probably going lower still But now I'm thinking I may wait for the first decent prices on the Sii.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:57 AM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

RoamingScott wrote:
It will have Reala Ace, the new processor, and new AF, the same things that differentiated the VI from the V.

I didnít expect it to be so cheap. Iíve been wanting a 100S but am now thinking a 100Sii on its first sale is smarter.

Yes, those are probably right. I care mainly about the autofocus and the IBIS. I have found there is a learning curve with Fuji bodies, but their system makes sense once one learns it.

I have the 100 II now, which I like a lot, but I may not need some of what makes it more expensive.

I am very happy running the Fuji MF and the Sony FF system. They serve different and sometime overlapping purposes.

Edited on Apr 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM · View previous versions

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM
gear-nut
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I'm pretty much in the same boat with the 100s. I had already sold my Nikon Z kit so used it over Easter with the 45-100 chasing my grand-kids around while they hunted up eggs in our backyard. The 100s with tracking and face on did remarkably well. Not same league as my Nikon Z9, but more than adequate for simple stuff like this. As a landscape camera, my primary use, the GFX100s has been unbeatable. I can tell you the GF zooms are amazing, at least the 3 I own are: the 20-35, 32-64 and 45-100. The 110 is glorious, and the little pancake 50 which I didn't expect much from at all is quite excellent. I will say that I've used a few of the non-LM primes and while all have been superb optically, they do focus pretty slow relative to what I'm used to. regardless, the LM lenses are plenty fast enough for my needs. (YMMV)

I did just add a small XT5 kit for casual family travel, will try it out on a small trip next month. Out of the gate, it's not a Z9 replacement either, but again and for my needs as a travel camera, it seems pretty slick. Having schlepped my Z9 across Europe and the Netherlands this past summer, I would still consider schlepping a minimal GFX kit on a bigger trip, unless the XT5 is better than I expect it to be -- we will see... Finally and a little surprising actually for me, I haven't missed my Nikon Z gear -- at least so far...

JadedWriter wrote:
I feel like I either wait and just cash in my DSLR gear for a 100II or just get a used GFX100 at this point. I like the IQ, AF is fine for what I do (I'm not trying to brute force this system into a full on event rig) and I'm still seeing how much I want to expand the kit regarding glass.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I would basically just go 20-35 and 45-100 for the zooms. The 32-64 feels like it has way too much over lap if you own those two for me. I want the 110 badly but it's starting to feel like for portrait work I can just take a step back and forth to make up the difference with the 80. I want the 110 and will probably get it at some point, but I'm starting to think the wide end is more important. Might get the 20-35 first, but who knows. Might just wait try to pay off what I have some more and wait for something job specific to pop up first to figure out what I get next.
gear-nut wrote:
I'm pretty much in the same boat with the 100s. I had already sold my Nikon Z kit so used it over Easter with the 45-100 chasing my grand-kids around while they hunted up eggs in our backyard. The 100s with tracking and face on did remarkably well. Not same league as my Nikon Z9, but more than adequate for simple stuff like this. As a landscape camera, my primary use, the GFX100s has been unbeatable. I can tell you the GF zooms are amazing, at least the 3 I own are: the 20-35, 32-64 and 45-100. The 110 is
...Show more

Apr 29, 2024 at 01:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

envydd wrote:

I donít need a 9M dot EVF, but a 3.XM dot EVF is laughable on a 100mp camera in 2024. I hope they at least improve the quality of the image feed if they donít improve the EVF itself.

Apr 29, 2024 at 01:54 PM
gear-nut
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Re the zooms. Yes, the 32-64 overlaps quite a bit, but itís the lens on the camera 90% of the time ó itís just such a perfect all-around range of landscape focals.

The 80 is awesome optically, and smaller than the 110, just focus is a littLe sluggish.

JadedWriter wrote:
I would basically just go 20-35 and 45-100 for the zooms. The 32-64 feels like it has way too much over lap if you own those two for me. I want the 110 badly but it's starting to feel like for portrait work I can just take a step back and forth to make up the difference with the 80. I want the 110 and will probably get it at some point, but I'm starting to think the wide end is more important. Might get the 20-35 first, but who knows. Might just wait try to pay off what I
...Show more

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:00 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Yeah 25-51? is very good for landscape work, I'm just trying to save some sort of money and feel like the 20-35 and 45-100 is that sweet spot for me. 45-100 could theoretically cover a lot of my studio work as well, but I love doing the stuff on primes.
gear-nut wrote:
Re the zooms. Yes, the 32-64 overlaps quite a bit, but itís the lens on the camera 90% of the time ó itís just such a perfect all-around range of landscape focals.

The 80 is awesome optically, and smaller than the 110, just focus is a littLe sluggish.

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:09 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

highdesertmesa wrote:
I donít need a 9M dot EVF, but a 3.XM dot EVF is laughable on a 100mp camera in 2024. I hope they at least improve the quality of the image feed if they donít improve the EVF itself.

3.x is pathetic on my 45mp Z9 too. It's simply impossible to tell if anything is in critical focus on EVF review. I can't imagine the same awful low res on a 100mp file. That's the main thing holding me back from the 100S and what makes the 100ii so appealing.

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:14 PM
gear-nut
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Once you use the GF zooms, you wonít be missing primes much other than for size and a bit shallower DoF ó the zooms are basically as good optically as the primes.
JadedWriter wrote:
Yeah 25-51? is very good for landscape work, I'm just trying to save some sort of money and feel like the 20-35 and 45-100 is that sweet spot for me. 45-100 could theoretically cover a lot of my studio work as well, but I love doing the stuff on primes.

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:24 PM
gear-nut
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Agree with both of you. So in the meantime Iím left trusting the AF.

RoamingScott wrote:
3.x is pathetic on my 45mp Z9 too. It's simply impossible to tell if anything is in critical focus on EVF review. I can't imagine the same awful low res on a 100mp file. That's the main thing holding me back from the 100S and what makes the 100ii so appealing.

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:26 PM
JadedWriter
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

I don't even use my FX zooms for shoots. Even with Nikon I mainly just use the 50 and 85 1.2 lenses. I stop them down so don't even use maximum aperture unless I'm outside and the shot calls for it. It's mostly for framing consistency reasons and so I don't fall asleep mentally while shooting in my opinion.
gear-nut wrote:
Once you use the GF zooms, you wonít be missing primes much other than for size and a bit shallower DoF ó the zooms are basically as good optically as the primes.

Apr 29, 2024 at 02:59 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

No new 3 buttons, same layout as GFX100s. Not for me. Maybe I get 55mm f1.7 but it will be used very little for my needs.

Apr 29, 2024 at 09:58 PM
Makten
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

chiron wrote:
I would assume that it will also have the improved autofocus and improved IBIS that the 100 II has. Is that enough to differentiate it from the 100S?

They don't have to "differentiate" it when it's replacing the old one.
I assume very, very few people will "upgrade" from 100S to 100S II.

Apr 30, 2024 at 01:57 AM
chiron
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Reported price and intro date of GFX100S II

Makten wrote:
They don't have to "differentiate" it when it's replacing the old one.
I assume very, very few people will "upgrade" from 100S to 100S II.

It has to offer something new to justify the new model designation and the new cost, just as the GFX100 II was different from the GFX100.

Apr 30, 2024 at 06:13 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.