Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Godox Lux Master TTL retro flash is out (sort of...)

pshambroom

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox Lux Master TTL retro flash is out (sort of...)

It's a barebulb handle-style with folding reflector, wireless TTL with Godox transmitters.. The rollout on this has been very curious- no announcement from Godox so far, it just shows up at B&H (and on pre-order as Flashpoint at Adorama) and now taken off the B&H site.

I ordered (before it was removed from the site) and received mine a few days ago, some quick first impressions-

This seems to be the first in the Lux series that is a useful photographic tool, not just a retro accessory for hipsters (although maybe it's that too, I wouldn't know...) Very pleased with the form factor: 8.25 inches long, x 1.5 x 4 with the reflector folded but attached, weight 1 lb .06 oz. I'm comparing it to my Godox AD100 which weights 1 lb 3.3 oz, 5 x 3 inches. The Lux Master fits nicely in a padded Tamrac pouch and will be easy to strap on a bag. As for tested output, at 10 ft ISO 100 the Lux Master reads f/5.6.5 vs AD100 at 35mm setting f/8.5. So about a stop slower. At 45 degrees off access it loses about 2/3 stop. I'm guessing equivalent watt seconds at about 50. I will use it hand-held off camera with the compact XNano transmitter for documentary work, sometimes with reflector and sometimes bare bulb. It's kind of a dream outfit- years ago I was doing this sort of work with a medium format Plaubel film camera and a bare-bulb capable Sunpak flash with a custom wired remote sensor and Velcro-d on interchangeable battery pack. This Godox appears to have the same output, but with wireless TTL and built-in high capacity battery. (Do wish battery was interchangeable.)

Thee instructions show that several other reflectors will be available for the bayonet mount - globe, small soft box, etc

Adorama Flashback Master

Apr 19, 2024 at 01:34 PM
kaplah
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox Lux Master TTL retro flash is out (sort of...)

pshambroom wrote:
(Do wish battery was interchangeable.)
[/url]

Agreed. With a built-in, it's a disposable device. Plus you can't swap a new battery in on a busy day.

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:39 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.