New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

UnknownSouljer
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

Just looking for a grid that will fit this guy properly.

Tough now that Kacey Enterprises is defunct.

I have a "Honeybee" grid that basically works with screws on the outside... and it sucks. I hate putting it on, it doesn't feel secure, I want something that will fit, come on and off easily, and will preferably be robust for travel.

That said, anyone ever try the grid from Impact or from Glow.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/838089-REG/Impact_bdg_22_Honeycomb_Grid_For_22.html
and/or
https://a.co/d/7USk1d9

Bonus if anyone also can suggest an inexpensive case that also fits. (I was thinking of going to guitar center and testing random snare bags).

Apr 18, 2024 at 03:49 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

I need to check which grid I have. I bought it quite a while back and I as far as I remember, I didn't even take it out of the box.

Apr 19, 2024 at 09:09 AM
tcphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

There comes a point where a grid is a grid, I bought a used Mola Demi and refused to spend $225 on their grid so I bought the one below for $70 and it works. I also bought the Tenba case but it will not fit with the speedring mounted, be careful of the dimensions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0116GXUMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:07 AM
UnknownSouljer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

bobby350z wrote:
I need to check which grid I have. I bought it quite a while back and I as far as I remember, I didn't even take it out of the box.

I guess you're not much of a grid guy! Well, if you don't mind doing a check and test, that would be awesome.

tcphoto wrote:
There comes a point where a grid is a grid, I bought a used Mola Demi and refused to spend $225 on their grid so I bought the one below for $70 and it works. I also bought the Tenba case but it will not fit with the speedring mounted, be careful of the dimensions.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0116GXUMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We agree, hence why I'm trying to find alternatives that will fit.

Fitment and whether whatever affixes the grid to the dish are the only things that really matter. However it's not a given that every grid will fit every beauty dish regardless of "dimensions" (in quotes because that's one of the problems, how each brand even measures things will have variation).

I made the thread so I don't have to buy a bunch and return a bunch from B&H/Amazon. I'm hoping someone has already done the legwork here.

I'm using Einstein's so it's basically like not having a speed ring... I don't know what I'll do when it comes time to move on to another system. Not sure I will want to do all the work to mod in a different speed ring. Anyway, that's beyond the scope of this and neither here nor there. I'll look into the Tenba.

Apr 19, 2024 at 03:30 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with finding a Grid for Kacey 22" Beauty Reflector

I need to check, just busy with work. I was also using my dish with Einstein's before but some time back I converted it to bowen mount. It was easy to do.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:20 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.