New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

Selling Leica Gear

rscheffler
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Selling Leica Gear

Another option is putting equipment on consignment at a camera store. Usually the store will take a smaller cut on the sale compared to what they would offer to buy it for resale. Way back when I worked in photo-retail this was a fairly popular option for those selling higher value popular items in good condition. But that was also pre-internet. I actually bought a consignment lens at a camera store last year, but I think for it to work effectively now, it needs to be in a store with high traffic, if that even exists nowadays. Or listed online by the store as part of their used inventory (at least one of the Leica Stores in Munich did this, last I checked long ago).

Back in my retail days it wasn't uncommon for oddball consignment items to remain unsold for very long periods and this is likely a larger risk now. IMO it's another benefit of selling such items to someplace like KEH if you don't have the patience or inclination to do it yourself. Like many things, the more effort/work you put into it, the greater the rewards.

Apr 19, 2024 at 02:50 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Selling Leica Gear

I donít think these stores exist these days, except in a few very select cities. Iíd love to hear Iím wrong.

Apr 19, 2024 at 04:50 PM
1              end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.