New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Kase Revolution Magnetic Filter Set?

saxguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Kase Revolution Magnetic Filter Set?

I've been scouring reviews looking for a set of ND filters that have minimal effects on image sharpness (Im using all Leica APO Summicron-SL lenses). The Kase filters were mentioned but they're only magnetic and I've read some reports of the magnets being weak. Does anyone have any experience with this system?

FWIW, the other ND filters I'm looking at from Wine Country Camera, which I've heard great things about.

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:16 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Kase Revolution Magnetic Filter Set?

I use Kase revolution filters. Theyíre as good as anything Iíve used. I have no issues with the magnets which are slightly stronger than the Wolverine series they upgrade from. I only use the magnetic caps on each lens and Iíve yet to lose one. Thereís also the Maven filters. Slightly stronger magnets overall but also more expensive. They use Scott glass although I canít see any real world difference between the two brands. You can also mix and match between the two brands. Rings, filters, caps etc.

Which ever brand you choose get the colour coded ones. Also get a rear magnetic cap so you can carry the filters in a stack rather than needing a bulky case.

Iím all in on magnetic filters.

Gordon

Apr 17, 2024 at 04:14 PM
joakim
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Kase Revolution Magnetic Filter Set?

I am also a very pleased user of the Kase Revolution filters, they have worked very well so far and the magnets feels safe to use although I canít say anything about long term use since I have had them for less than a year. So much better than screwing/unscrewing filters with cold fingers or carrying the much larger Lee filter system.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:55 AM
cbass
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Kase Revolution Magnetic Filter Set?

For a magnetic filter set I like Maven Filters. For sharpness and color neutrality Kolari leads the pack these days. However, they are traditional screw in filters.

Apr 20, 2024 at 07:26 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.