FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

M11 White Balance

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · M11 White Balance

Michael H wrote:
This is a really well done video. Love the live examples as he describes the method and reasoning

It's a great video, and I agree it's suitable in many situations, especially those where you are not concerned with skin tones and care more about the mood. I use it all the time when shooting landscapes, with my camera set to Daylight white balance.

However, the issue with the M11's white balance is different, as it's not really related to color temperature but rather an issue with tint. I'm still baffled as to why Leica didn't make adjustments to the output color settings (numbers) to fix this.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:44 AM
flash
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · M11 White Balance

I'd like to know whether the metering style was different between the cameras. AN M11 not set to multizone might give these differences.

As for the tint. It was trivial for me to use the calibration tab in LR to create a fix that's automatically applied on import.

Gordon

Apr 25, 2024 at 04:57 PM
Paul.S

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · M11 White Balance

That's interesting Gordon, I find the tint to be all over the show. Sometimes an adjustment of 5 on a shot the is clearly magneta biased, will tip it into a green world then other times I'm in the -20s? But, up until recently I've being a multi field predominant user.

Last week I was doing some experiments with the different fields outside, nothing really stood out balance or tint wise, but I'll pay closer attention and do some extra testing.

@Fred Miranda, I recon they have made a fee changes. It was atrocious when it first hit the market. I posted some pics on range finder without any leading comments and only a few said anything. I think it was firmware 1 or 2 before it got better, then they did that banding sky one??
I suppose I've just got used to adjusting it......I wish it was better but.

Edit correction, not rangefinder but LUF.

Apr 25, 2024 at 05:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · M11 White Balance

Paul.S wrote:
That's interesting Gordon, I find the tint to be all over the show. Sometimes an adjustment of 5 on a shot the is clearly magneta biased, will tip it into a green world then other times I'm in the -20s? But, up until recently I've being a multi field predominant user.

Last week I was doing some experiments with the different fields outside, nothing really stood out balance or tint wise, but I'll pay closer attention and do some extra testing.

@Fred Miranda, I recon they have made a fee changes. It was atrocious when it first hit the market.
...Show more

Maybe Leica made some changes to the firmware regarding this. I only have experience with the first batches.

Apr 25, 2024 at 05:49 PM
1              end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.