New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

mountainrivera
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

Hello all - thought i'd share some before and after pics of an Alphagvrd skin install on my newly acquired SL2s. The camera had signs of use primarily on the leatherette so decided to give a reskinning a try. The whole effort took about 2 hours and wasn't hard at all. I have zero talent with this kind of stuff so if i can do it just about anyone can. I was impressed with the accuracy of the cutouts - very precise.

Apr 12, 2024 at 08:50 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

Looks good. Did the previous owner have claws?

Apr 12, 2024 at 09:08 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

Looks great!

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:52 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

mountainrivera wrote:
Hello all - thought i'd share some before and after pics of an Alphagvrd skin install on my newly acquired SL2s. The camera had signs of use primarily on the leatherette so decided to give a reskinning a try. The whole effort took about 2 hours and wasn't hard at all. I have zero talent with this kind of stuff so if i can do it just about anyone can. I was impressed with the accuracy of the cutouts - very precise.

Very cool! I reskinned my 10r last year, not because it needed it but because I wanted something different.
The one thing I did not like and removed after I put it on was the leatherette covering. It was just too slick and slippery.

Either way I highly recommend Alphagvrd, and it will also add a layer of protection.

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BPsmith511
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

Desmolicious wrote:
Very cool! I reskinned my 10r last year, not because it needed it but because I wanted something different.
The one thing I did not like and removed after I put it on was the leatherette covering. It was just too slick and slippery.

Either way I highly recommend Alphagvrd, and it will also add a layer of protection.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52766701631_20093435be_b.jpg

I know some consider this blasphemous, but that's gorgeous I've never seen the wave pattern look so good. Makes me want to wrap my X100VI

Apr 13, 2024 at 01:51 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

BPsmith511 wrote:
I know some consider this blasphemous, but that's gorgeous I've never seen the wave pattern look so good. Makes me want to wrap my X100VI

Thanks! The thing is it peels off if you need it back at stock finish.

Apr 13, 2024 at 03:02 PM
mountainrivera
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Alphagvrd Reskinned On SL2s

Looks great. Yea mine needed it. Brassing adds character but the “clawed 😂” leather was unsightly and it bugged me even though a leather case hid most of it.

Desmolicious wrote:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52766701631_20093435be_b.jpg

Apr 18, 2024 at 01:44 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.