New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Help with umbrella

bocaminus
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with umbrella

I need some assistance guys. I recently bought second hand Elinchrom Rotalux softbox from a local estate sale. The seller wasn't very familiar with photo equipment but the softbox is in great condition. He also threw in this reflective umbrella for extra $20 so I couldn't refuse the deal. Anyway, as you can see in the photos, the main end rod is missing. I have no idea what make and model this is but it appears to be truly well built. There are literally no markings on it and I'm wondering if anyone would be able to recognize or determine what it is and ultimately where I can find replacement rod.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Brian

Apr 06, 2024 at 02:40 PM
BobDrebin

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with umbrella

Looks like a Paul Buff PLM umbrella (old style). They’ve since changed the design to a single rod, but they might still have old rods available.

Apr 06, 2024 at 04:54 PM
bocaminus
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with umbrella

BobDrebin wrote:
Looks like a Paul Buff PLM umbrella (old style). They’ve since changed the design to a single rod, but they might still have old rods available.

Much appreciate it Bob! I just sent them an email...we'll see what happens next.

Apr 06, 2024 at 05:01 PM
PhilTobias

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with umbrella

Hardware or home improvement stores often stock metal rods of various diameters and lengths. Take the umbrella and see if you can find a fit. You may need some epoxy or a clamp to fasten it together.

Apr 12, 2024 at 03:49 PM
bocaminus
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with umbrella

PhilTobias wrote:
Hardware or home improvement stores often stock metal rods of various diameters and lengths. Take the umbrella and see if you can find a fit. You may need some epoxy or a clamp to fasten it together.

Thanks Phil! That's exactly what I did. I got 6 foot long 8mm steel rod from Home Depot and used epoxy to permanently attach it. It works like a charm. I said to myself, it would be a shame to give up on such a nice umbrella. Thanks again.

Apr 12, 2024 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.