Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Anyone with a Shimoda DSLR core unit...

moncho

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone with a Shimoda DSLR core unit...

...who uses it in a Shimoda backpack with side access?

At my local camera store I tested the Shimoda bags with a mirrorless insert (which is smaller).

I want to know if I can prepare the DSLR core unit so that my camera with Sony 20-70mm, my Tamron 50-400 and one (or maybe two) primes are ALL accessible from the side panel, like I have in my Thule Aspect below.

With the smaller (30L and under) Shimoda bags and the mirrorless insert, there is not enough space to comfortably grab the gear or get it out of the structure easily.

It is OK if the camera needs to be removed and the divider nudged sideways before I can remove one of the outer lenses. My Thule just has an unbeaten system where the ends of the velcro dividers are just flexible flaps that make accessing the lenses easy.

Apr 03, 2024 at 08:13 AM
nhanzero

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone with a Shimoda DSLR core unit...

You need the Shimoda 35L to fit the DSLR Core Unit, the 25 and 30 are much less deep than 35 they won't be able to fit the DSLR core properly (it would get in but would be very very tight fit). I myself use the 30L with Medium Mirrorless Core Unit.

Apr 03, 2024 at 09:10 PM
GroovyGeek
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone with a Shimoda DSLR core unit...

I don't think it is possible to access everything from the side.

Apr 03, 2024 at 09:12 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.