FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Critter Mix

Dalantech
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Critter Mix

Long time no post -and lots of new names here Figured I'd dust of the camera after an almost one year break and chase some critters.

I went back to the patch of Sour Brass that I was shooting in the day before and found this female Sweat Bee foraging for pollen. She took a break to clean herself before taking another deep dive into the flower. Really tricky to track them with the camera, but I like the results.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to over 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

Came home in the late afternoon after a rain storm had swept through the area, so I went looking for a critter to shoot. Getting caught out in the elements will sometime slow them down, and this Spotted Hoverfly gave me about a minute to take a few photos. When it stopped moving I looked for a good angle.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

Cool, partly cloudy, weather created the perfect conditions for slowing down this Mining Bee so I could get close to it. It would wake up, move around the dandelion, and when it paused I'd look for a shot.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2.5x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. ISO and shutter set to expose the sky in the background.

I found this Hoverfly feeding on Dandelion pollen early in the morning when it was more hungry than afraid.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. ISO and shutter set to expose the sky in the background.

I managed to get this butterfly to climb onto my finger and it held still for a few shots. Cool, partly cloudy, weather really slows them down.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

Cool, partly cloudy, weather created the perfect conditions for slowing down this Mining Bee. It would move around the Dandelion and when it paused I took this shot.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to over 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single, uncropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

Apr 02, 2024 at 09:06 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Critter Mix

"The Pollenator"!
Great images! Now you will have pretty flowers pollenated by Mr. Bee!
Dan

Apr 02, 2024 at 11:30 AM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Critter Mix

Wonderful selection of shots John.

Brian V.

Apr 02, 2024 at 11:40 PM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Critter Mix

Danpbphoto wrote:
"The Pollenator"!
Great images! Now you will have pretty flowers pollenated by Mr. Bee!
Dan

LordV wrote:
Wonderful selection of shots John.

Brian V.

Thanks Dan and Brian!

Apr 03, 2024 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.