FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Last week I went to Mount Assiniboine (by Helicopter). It was spectacular but a bit bright for photography.

I usually go to this (my favourite) place each winter. This time, I snowshoed because I broke some toes in the Caribbean last week. I was with some buddies that were not as committed to early morning as I and I promised my wife I would not go out alone.

So here are my best pictures. They are not great but I have not posted in a while and they are as good as I could do in a rushed pace, with cold and km's to go.

We snowshoed about 50km over 3 days. The temperature ranged from -6c to -18c - great weather except when you stand still in the wind in the early morning to take pictures.

1-5 of 5

From Og Meadows after about 2 hours of snowshoeing

Canon EOS R8    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    50mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Looking east from Og Meadows

Canon EOS R8    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    63mm    f/8.0    1/1000s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Alternate Mt Assiniboine looking North from Og Meadows

Canon EOS R8    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    63mm    f/8.0    1/1250s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Sunburst Lake from Early AM before frantically snowshoeing back for breakfast at 8AM

Canon EOS R8    RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens    35mm    f/8.0    2s    100 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Sunburst Lake from Early AM before frantically snowshoeing back for breakfast at 8AM

Canon EOS R8    RF16mm F2.8 STM lens    16mm    f/8.0    30s    400 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:11 AM
dakel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Incredible scenery and photography as always Scott. You really are an adventurer. From the Caribbean to artic Canada. Wow.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:11 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

dakel wrote:
Incredible scenery and photography as always Scott. You really are an adventurer. From the Caribbean to artic Canada. Wow.

Glad you like the scenery. I do like adventure, but Mount Assiniboine is about 1.5hours west of my house - not Arctic Canada. But it's at 2100m (about 7,000') so it feels like the Arctic. It is a fantastic place. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Mar 30, 2024 at 02:53 PM
Ross Martin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Pleasing images of a stunning area, Scott! And kudos to snowshoeing over 31 miles on those days, with broken toes!

Mar 30, 2024 at 05:12 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Ross Martin wrote:
Pleasing images of a stunning area, Scott! And kudos to snowshoeing over 31 miles on those days, with broken toes!

Glad you like the images. The toes hurt more on my hardwood floors. Snowshoeing does not have flex in toes like skiing. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:16 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Just beautiful Scott!!!! I love winter and I love snow as long as I dont have to move it or travel in it by auto! Walking, snowshoes..YES! Beautiful compositions and beautiful country! I can hear the silence!
Dan

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:35 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Danpbphoto wrote:
Just beautiful Scott!!!! I love winter and I love snow as long as I dont have to move it or travel in it by auto! Walking, snowshoes..YES! Beautiful compositions and beautiful country! I can hear the silence!
Dan

Gad you like the beautiful country. It was quite except for my breathing Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Mar 31, 2024 at 02:06 PM
keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Scott, wow! Braving 50km on snowshoes is no small feat, and these are some stunning winter shots to show for it! You captured some truly unique views of this location. The bright conditions are a bit tricky, but I agree, the last image is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing these with us!

Mar 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

keepclicking wrote:
Scott, wow! Braving 50km on snowshoes is no small feat, and these are some stunning winter shots to show for it! You captured some truly unique views of this location. The bright conditions are a bit tricky, but I agree, the last image is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing these with us!

Glad you like the winter views. The last is about an hour up the hill at 5:30AM at Sunburst Lake. It was a great 3 days. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 01, 2024 at 08:06 AM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

The wilderness and beauty are well alive in this image collection.

Apr 02, 2024 at 01:39 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

junglialoh wrote:
The wilderness and beauty are well alive in this image collection.

It is a a beautiful and wild place. Particularly in the winter with avalanches and freezing cold and very deep snow. Glad you appreciate the image portrayal. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 02, 2024 at 04:58 PM
naim1203

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Surreal!

Apr 04, 2024 at 07:53 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

naim1203 wrote:
Surreal!

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Apr 04, 2024 at 07:52 PM
wangxin311

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Amazing, in my bucket list for a while, havenít get chance to visit it yet

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:53 PM
CDalessandro
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Mount Assiniboine - Winter

Stunning images! Amazing, I feel like they are pulling me in.

Carol

Apr 28, 2024 at 08:32 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.