New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

S5II + G9 or S5 + G9II?

wsalopek
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · S5II + G9 or S5 + G9II?

Building out my Lumix camera gear -

Ever since I bought a G7 a hundred years ago (and then "upgraded" to Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Canon - yeah, I have GAS but also needed FF for indoor high school sports), I've always thought Panasonic had the best features, buttons, grips, tilt/flip/touch screen, menus, etc, esp for the price, but always held back because of the darn DFD autofocus.

So right now I can afford only ONE of the phase detect cameras...so looking at the subject line, which combo would you pick first? Or maybe not even do a combo? Just pick ONE camera?

My thinking is to use the MFT body for birding and such (the idea being that telephoto lenses on MFT will be much smaller/lighter than FF, with size/weight being something I'd like to minimize in the field), and the FF body for portraits and landscapes, and of course low-light scenarios.

I want at least one of the bodies to have very good continuous AF for video - hence the move toward the "II" bodies.

Sound to me like S5 + G9II, but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks...

Mar 29, 2024 at 06:36 PM
memzinla
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · S5II + G9 or S5 + G9II?

I think I'm in a similar situation. I've had m43 for 10 years and finally moved to FF with the S5! Now I have a S5II. The S5 and S5II are so good!! I love everything about it except body + lens size and weight.
I'm hoping Panasonic releases smaller lenses in the future.
I also thought about the older S5 + the G9II. There are so many m43 lenses that I loved!

Apr 02, 2024 at 11:55 AM
Tom Reynolds
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · S5II + G9 or S5 + G9II?

Panasonic is better for video than OM Systems, not for stills.

Tom

Apr 02, 2024 at 02:01 PM
wsalopek
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · S5II + G9 or S5 + G9II?

What makes you say that Tom - just curious.

Tom Reynolds wrote:
Panasonic is better for video than OM Systems, not for stills.

Tom

Apr 02, 2024 at 04:03 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.