FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Rocky FL Beach

Seabassius
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rocky FL Beach

Little spot near Marine Land, FL. Always struggle with compositions here.

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:02 PM
junglialoh
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rocky FL Beach

Realistic expression of seashore

Apr 02, 2024 at 01:42 PM
naim1203

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rocky FL Beach

Love this!

Apr 04, 2024 at 07:53 AM
Hathaway
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rocky FL Beach

It feels to me that you are too far away from your foregrounds. They arenít anchoring the image in any meaningful way.

Maybe shoot wider and get closer to the foreground to get more out of the rocks and have them play a bigger role in the image.

Also the mid ground and background donít have much going on. The sky in the last image is nice and not blown highlights. You need a bigger set of waves or get a lot closer to the waves to make them more dramatic.

Donít be afraid to get your feet or your sticks wet. You are in Florida! The water is warm. I live in Northern California and the ocean water is 55 degrees! I anchor my tripod in the surf often times and shoot with waves crashing up to my knees or waist. That way you can get the water crashing over the rocks represented large in the image. If you can slow your shutter speeds a bit you will get more action in the waves. I often shoot for 1/5 of a second or so to get some movement in the waves. Experiment with various shutter speeds to see what you like. Donít get wed to one shutter speed. It could be 1 second that does well, it could be 1/100th.

Just some of my experiences shooting waves on beaches.

Good luck! Bob

Apr 07, 2024 at 07:54 PM
Seabassius
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rocky FL Beach

Sorry for the late reply Bob @Hathaway - thank you so much for taking the time for the feedback. Greatly appreciated. I hope to get back to this spot in August and look to try and incorporate your your thoughts.

Lance

Apr 23, 2024 at 08:07 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.