New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

The Rat
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

I've beaten the crap out of my Olympus EM1 Mk2 and it just keeps on rolling.

No experience with other mirrorless cameras though. What I have keeps working and getting the job done, so I haven't felt compelled to upgrade just yet.

Did have an odd issue with my Oly 12-40 Pro lens a couple days ago that keeps persisting. The manual focus isn't going to infinity like it used to. When I rotate the clutch to infinity, the focus still remains soft, like it's not quite there yet. By contrast, it focuses just fine with auto focus. It's not something that I use often, only with panos and focus stacking, but still something used with some frequency. Gonna call up their tech support and see if there's anything I can do at my level, or if it needs repairs. (And if so, if it would just be cheaper to get another used 12-40.)

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:38 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

snegron7 wrote:
I got a bit lucky with my little Panasonic HC-V785 camcorder! I purchased an external wireless mic kit for it. So far so good! I definitely won't ever mess around trying to capture video with my A7c or R6 again though!

Hmmm, a camcorder that is designed to shoot video does better than a digital camera. Who would have thunk that?

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:48 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

Robin Smith wrote:
Is it even possible or potentially possible to objectively answer the OPs question? Everyone just recounts their successes and failures - unique to them probably. I don't think you can find a useful answer. Of course being sturdy (tough, able to withstand abuse) is not exactly the same thing as being reliable.

Yes, the OP’s failures have nothing to do with sturdiness.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:49 AM
snegron7
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

chez wrote:
Yes, the OP’s failures have nothing to do with sturdiness.

Wow! Harsh amateurs in full attack mode!

Apr 10, 2024 at 01:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

chez
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

snegron7 wrote:
Wow! Harsh amateurs in full attack mode!

I’m just stating a fact. Your equipment issues have not been a result of camera sturdiness. Now if your shutter dial falls off, yeh…but a 3rd party lens not playing nice with your camera…no.

Apr 10, 2024 at 02:28 PM
snegron7
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

chez wrote:
I’m just stating a fact. Your equipment issues have not been a result of camera sturdiness. Now if your shutter dial falls off, yeh…but a 3rd party lens not playing nice with your camera…no.

And how exactly is that my fault? Did I manufacture the lens?

Apr 10, 2024 at 02:55 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

there are too many unknown variables here.

Apr 10, 2024 at 03:09 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Sturdiest, Most Reliable Camera?

snegron7 wrote:
And how exactly is that my fault? Did I manufacture the lens?

I never once said it was your fault. A 3rd party lens not working with your camera is not a sturdiness issue, but a comparability issue. People showing an Olympus camera under running water will not fix a comparability issue. It will also not fix over heating shooting video. All your problems have nothing to do with sturdiness of the camera…yet the answers you are getting seem to imply getting a sturdier camera ( like the Z9 or OM1 ) will fix your issues. They will not.

Apr 10, 2024 at 04:26 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.