Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7              9              22       23       end

Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

For what its worth - CR new rumours sounds pretty confident for the end of May.

https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-r1-and-eos-r5-mark-ii-marketing-and-training-has-begun-with-preferred-retailers/

"
We are likely about 5 weeks away from Canon officially announcing the EOS R5 Mark II, along with a development type announcement for the EOS R1. Canon is going to be using Euro 2024 and the Paris Olympic Games for their hype machine, which worked really well for launching the EOS R3.

As has happened historically, certain preferred retailers around the globe are given advanced notice and training for upcoming products. These training sessions are usually for products that are consider professional.

We also know that accessory makers have been NDA'd for the last month or two so they can get their wares ready for the official launch.

Now we have heard of training sessions over the next few weeks in various European countries. The usual suspects in the US will also be doing their information meetings with Canon USA shortly.

Both the production versions ( with beta Software) of the EOS R5 Mark II and EOS R1 are in the hands of of the lucky few. We also expect the “creator” types to be getting the EOS R5 Mark II in the next few weeks if they haven't already.

The EOS R1 is going to be in the hands of Canon pros for testing in Germany and Paris.

"

Apr 18, 2024 at 07:16 AM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Yeah I don’t blame you. I considered that but:
1. I rented the camera from my local shop to see how I liked it, and they were willing to apply the rental fee towards a camera purchase;
2. My local shop honors a production credit to reduce sales tax;
3. My local shop gave me a lot of assistance:
4. I’m ordering the 10-20 from my local shop, so it made sense to put it all together.

In the end, I might’ve saved a few hundred bucks buying used, but I like my local shop and also like the idea of starting with a fresh setup.

artsupreme wrote:
Most likely, yes. But unless something is not obtainable used, that's the only time I would buy new. R5's can be had in the 2K range and I would not pay more than that. Plenty of good sellers here on the FM B&S.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:29 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

says:
has new source
45pmx confirmed
BSI confirmed
stacked sensor confirmed
(better dynamic range and read speed likely)
Likely better dynamic range in electronic - maybe no mechanical

Not much improved for on the tripod stills (1 stop and electronic is good) but good for BIF (less rolling shutter and higher dynamic range), is my summary.

The rubber will soon hit the road soon, and I will have to decide pre-order or not. R5ii does not offer me much (landscape, or large still animals -grizzlies) but AEB/Electronic and no downgrade in electronic and 1 stop dynamic range (vs 200-800).

My head says skip but my gas says yes.

Edited on Apr 21, 2024 at 12:34 PM · View previous versions

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:46 AM
Cduff406

Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

That video link isn't working, who was it?

I am (not very) patiently waiting for the R5MII. I'm currently using the R5, and just want to add a second body for travels and such. I was hoping to have it for my Africa trip in June, but I think I will just rent a second R5. I don't want to buy right now knowing something new is on the horizon, and I can wait to see what it is. But darn I'm getting impatient! It seems the rumor mill has been fairly quiet so I'm guessing that means an announcement is fairly imminent.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:20 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Rumours are announced at may 20 ish. Then it will take some time to be available.

Cduff406 wrote:
That video link isn't working, who was it?

I am (not very) patiently waiting for the R5MII. I'm currently using the R5, and just want to add a second body for travels and such. I was hoping to have it for my Africa trip in June, but I think I will just rent a second R5. I don't want to buy right now knowing something new is on the horizon, and I can wait to see what it is. But darn I'm getting impatient! It seems the rumor mill has been fairly quiet so I'm guessing that means an announcement
...Show more

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:31 PM
plasticmoz
• •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Might be a non-obvious upgrade call on both R5/R6 and R3 unless Canon are really trying to blow the doors off (at least so far doesn't seem like it).

Apr 21, 2024 at 01:43 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Scott Stoness wrote:

The guy is a joke. He just regurgitates different rumors about the R5 II every day. It keep his bait clicks fresh.

Apr 21, 2024 at 01:48 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

More rumors that I hope to be true are the RF 35 f/1.4L and a couple hybrid RF lenses: 24 f/1.4 and 50 f/1.4.

https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-rf-24mm-f-1-4l-usm-and-rf-50mm-f-1-4-is-usm-coming-sooner-than-later/

Apr 22, 2024 at 01:04 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

To all the sensor tech heads here.....is it safe to say that if the R5II is stacked then the form factor (body dimensions) should increase in size from the original R5? I would think so, but I have no idea if it's possible to fit everything inside the existing R5 body.

Apr 22, 2024 at 01:07 PM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

artsupreme wrote:
To all the sensor tech heads here.....is it safe to say that if the R5II is stacked then the form factor (body dimensions) should increase in size from the original R5? I would think so, but I have no idea if it's possible to fit everything inside the existing R5 body.

I think a stacked sensor will fit inside the same body as a non-stacked sensor.

Apr 22, 2024 at 02:17 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ramage
• •
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Imagemaster wrote:
The guy is a joke. He just regurgitates different rumors about the R5 II every day. It keep his bait clicks fresh.

He's like Sandy Rivers from How I Met Your Mother, a news reporter who did a segment called "From Today's Paper," where he read articles from the paper.

He plagues my YouTube feed. Despite my attempts to block him, he keeps showing up. I could not be more "NOT INTERESTED."

Sorry for my little rant; I will show myself out.

Apr 22, 2024 at 02:17 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

alundeb wrote:
I think a stacked sensor will fit inside the same body as a non-stacked sensor.

That would be great. I asked because everyone talks about how big the Z8 is in comparison:

Apr 22, 2024 at 02:41 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

artsupreme wrote:

Why would it be any bigger when the A1 with a stacked sensor is no larger than the R5?

Apr 22, 2024 at 03:12 PM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.8 #14 · p.8 #14 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Imagemaster wrote:
Why would it be any bigger when the A1 with a stacked sensor is no larger than the R5?

If you had not hidden me, you would have seen why he thinks so in his reply to me.

Apr 22, 2024 at 03:31 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.8 #15 · p.8 #15 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Imagemaster wrote:

Maybe you can't see my post above but I compared it to the more recent Nikon Z8 thinking the Nikon would be designed for the latest video and cooling near the R5's price point. I'm not familiar with the A1 video spec but if it's up to date and doesn't overheat then that's great news it can all fit in the smaller body, but note the A1 is not in the same class as the R5 as it's a flagship and it costs a lot more. The Nikon Z8 is the most comparable/recent to the R5 and it's not only a lot bigger but also a lot heavier than the R5. With that said, if the R5 is stacked I hope it keeps the same dimensions.

Apr 22, 2024 at 04:27 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.8 #16 · p.8 #16 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

I replied directly to your post, which I quoted, and it mentioned nothing about video or Nikon:

artsupreme wrote:

Apr 22, 2024 at 04:53 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.8 #17 · p.8 #17 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Imagemaster wrote:

I replied directly to your post, which I quoted, and it mentioned nothing about video or Nikon:

That's because you can't see my post above because you have other users hidden. I posted a size comparison of the Z8 and R5 above, but it's not visible to you.

Apr 22, 2024 at 05:31 PM
ramage
• •
p.8 #18 · p.8 #18 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

I'm unsure why the Z8 is bigger and heavier than the R5 and A1. However, when you compare the full-size R3 and full-size Z9, you can notice that the Z9 is much heavier. So, it might be a characteristic specific to Nikon cameras.

I would be okay with the R5II being slightly heavier than the current offering if we could avoid the drama of overheating.

Apr 22, 2024 at 07:01 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.8 #19 · p.8 #19 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

ramage wrote:
I'm unsure why the Z8 is bigger and heavier than the R5 and A1. However, when you compare the full-size R3 and full-size Z9, you can notice that the Z9 is much heavier. So, it might be a characteristic specific to Nikon cameras.

Nikon didn't want to lose the weight they shaved off their telephoto lenses, so the added it to their camera bodies.

Apr 22, 2024 at 08:12 PM
goalerjones
• •
p.8 #20 · p.8 #20 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

ramage wrote:
I would be okay with the R5II being slightly heavier than the current offering if we could avoid the drama of overheating.

I don't think the r5M2 will have heating issues. Even the R5M1 has resolved those problems.

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:54 PM
1       2       3              7              9              22       23       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.