Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              21              23              29       30       end

Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #1 · p.22 #1 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

- will be announced in July for delivery in August [ May goes to June goes to July - we will see]
- will be an impressive camera

repeated from Canon rumours
- extremely confident announced July / delivery August
- in some ways will be go beyond R5c - no R5cII

[I won't buy this year - its after my wildlife season]

Jun 08, 2024 at 11:24 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.22 #2 · p.22 #2 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

downhillonwater wrote:
I have, actually, worked at two multi-billion dollar international technology companies.

Is that annual net revenue, or just market cap? I remember the tech bubble, too...

Jun 08, 2024 at 06:02 PM
JWilsonphoto
• • • • • • •
p.22 #3 · p.22 #3 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

middlerockies wrote:
Man, people sharing this "ordinary filmmaker" guy regularly in here. I'm no fan of Canon Rumors, but he just regurgitates their guesses, which are usually inaccurate, in a sport coat. "Will be an impressive camera." I mean gimme a break, it's like going to a fortune teller.

I agree, he's nothing more than a waste of time click baiter.

Jun 12, 2024 at 02:32 PM
docusync
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #4 · p.22 #4 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

JWilsonphoto wrote:
I agree, he's nothing more than a waste of time click baiter.

Just an “ordinary clickbaiter”

Jun 13, 2024 at 01:04 AM
patotts
• • • •
p.22 #5 · p.22 #5 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

That dude is blocked on YouTube for me. Scam artist trolling for clicks.

Jun 13, 2024 at 08:31 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.22 #6 · p.22 #6 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

He's only wrong 99.9% of the time. What's wrong with that?

The sad truth is, the internet used to be the "information hwy". Now it's nothing more than a marketing and money making tool for everyone. Even this very website including many of the post made by several people who act as photography guides or simply trying to gain exposure to sell their images or editing classes.

Jun 13, 2024 at 10:56 AM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.22 #7 · p.22 #7 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

lighthound wrote:

The sad truth is, the internet used to be the "information hwy". Now it's nothing more than a marketing and money making tool for everyone. Even this very website including many of the post made by several people who act as photography guides or simply trying to gain exposure to sell their images or editing classes.

Welcome to the enshittification of the internet...

As a journalist (well, former...), I can only hope that people will realize that it's worth to have what you read/see somehow curated by real people with their sole agenda being to share the truth as well as they can (the good ones do that, you know?) The rest is fine for entertainment, but not for seeking real information. Cause in the end, reality always bites you in the *ss.

It's actually just history repeating itself, of course. But I digress

Jun 13, 2024 at 11:29 AM
gkinard1952
• •
p.22 #8 · p.22 #8 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

johnvanr wrote:
lighthound wrote:

Haha, that is an understatement.

Jun 13, 2024 at 04:12 PM
Rudy Pohl
• •
p.22 #9 · p.22 #9 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

johnvanr wrote:

As a journalist (well, former...), I can only hope that people will realize that it's worth to have what you read/see somehow curated by real people with their sole agenda being to share the truth as well as they can (the good ones do that, you know?) The rest is fine for entertainment, but not for seeking real information. Cause in the end, reality always bites you in the *ss.

It's actually just history repeating itself, of course. But I digress

"enshittification"

Is that a real word? Doesn't matter, it perfectly describes what's happening. Well said (written), former journalist.

Rudy

Jun 13, 2024 at 04:29 PM
patotts
• • • •
p.22 #10 · p.22 #10 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification

It is the perfect word to describe what is going on

Jun 13, 2024 at 05:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

bman212121
• •
p.22 #11 · p.22 #11 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Be glad it's the first time you've heard the word. While it can describe some things effectively, it will be heavily overused until it has lost its meaning.

Jun 14, 2024 at 08:30 AM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.22 #12 · p.22 #12 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

bman212121 wrote:
Be glad it's the first time you've heard the word. While it can describe some things effectively, it will be heavily overused until it has lost its meaning.

The sad thing is that it applies to so much more than just the internet these days.

Jun 14, 2024 at 09:09 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.22 #13 · p.22 #13 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

johnvanr wrote:
The sad thing is that it applies to so much more than just the internet these days.

True that.

Jun 14, 2024 at 10:42 AM
aman74

p.22 #14 · p.22 #14 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Rudy Pohl wrote:
"enshittification"

Is that a real word? Doesn't matter, it perfectly describes what's happening. Well said (written), former journalist.

Rudy

The word has an interesting history actually:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification

Jun 18, 2024 at 06:24 AM
Rudy Pohl
• •
p.22 #15 · p.22 #15 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

aman74 wrote:
The word has an interesting history actually:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification

Wow, this is brilliant!
Rudy

Jun 18, 2024 at 07:29 AM
swldstn
• • • •
p.22 #16 · p.22 #16 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

Did not go thru all 23 pages of post but did want to comment. I own an EOS R5 and several Sony full size and compact C bodies and interested in finding out what EOS R5 II body really has to offer but years of rumors has worn me down to the point where I’m just ignoring YouTubers and sites trafficking in clicks. When I see the word “official” I will pay attention and consider spending my money. Right now Sony, Nikon, and Fuji MF have my interest since their products are real and their lenses that do have aperture rings work for photography and video. None of my 9 other Canon RF L and 4 remaining EF L lenses have adopted a partially functional aperture ring since Canon has made the effort to design their bodies to not need them. I admit I focus a lot on ergonomics and want all the lenses and bodies in a family to share a common layout of controls. I like both styles but not mixed in a family of products. Thank you. Rant over.

Jun 19, 2024 at 01:12 PM
stanj
• • • • • •
p.22 #17 · p.22 #17 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

swldstn wrote:
None of my 9 other Canon RF L and 4 remaining EF L lenses have adopted a partially functional aperture ring since Canon has made the effort to design their bodies to not need them. I admit I focus a lot on ergonomics and want all the lenses and bodies in a family to share a common layout of controls. I like both styles but not mixed in a family of products. Thank you. Rant over.

Of all the things to complain about the Canon system being the aperture ring is a bit surprising to me. They have somehow survived since the 80s without it, and while my FD lenses had one, I always kept it in A and used the camera to set the aperture (A1, T90, still have both). I realize that now that the aperture ring is here (my Z has it) people are excited about it, but I wonder how many people choose a camera system based on the presence of an aperture ring - especially for stills.

Jun 19, 2024 at 01:35 PM
garyvot
• • • • •
p.22 #18 · p.22 #18 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

swldstn wrote:
Did not go thru all 23 pages of post but did want to comment. I own an EOS R5 and several Sony full size and compact C bodies and interested in finding out what EOS R5 II body really has to offer but years of rumors has worn me down to the point where I’m just ignoring YouTubers and sites trafficking in clicks. When I see the word “official” I will pay attention and consider spending my money. Right now Sony, Nikon, and Fuji MF have my interest since their products are real and their lenses that do have aperture
...Show more

Unlike the other makers you mentioned, all Canon RF lenses have "aperture" rings, because Cannon has designed them with multi-purpose control rings whose function can be customized.

Canon has not had dedicated, physical aperture rings on its lenses since the EF system was launched over 30 years ago.

Controlling aperture directly from the body was a feature that Canon pioneered. It was such and ergonomically successful idea that all other manufacturers eventually copied it, even those that preserved physical aperture rings on their lenses.

So I certainly do not understand all the drama over this iris ring, but to each their own I guess.

But if it is that important to you, Canon has only stated that cameras introduced after June of this year will support use of this ring for stills. That does not foreclose the idea of retroactively adding support to older models via firmware updates (assuming this is possible).

Edited on Jun 19, 2024 at 02:06 PM · View previous versions

Jun 19, 2024 at 01:47 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.22 #19 · p.22 #19 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

garyvot wrote:
Unlike the other makers you mentioned, all Canon RF lenses have "aperture" rings

Canon is not the only one putting control rings on lenses

Jun 19, 2024 at 02:03 PM
garyvot
• • • • •
p.22 #20 · p.22 #20 · Newest R5II Rumours and Thoughts

RoamingScott wrote:
Canon is not the only one putting control rings on lenses

While certain lenses from Sony, Nikon, and Fuji have aperture rings, I am not aware that all lenses in their lineups have bespoke control rings designed for programmability. Happy to be proven wrong of course.

Jun 19, 2024 at 02:17 PM
1       2       3              21              23              29       30       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.