New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

My quest for the ultimate tripod

hiepphotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · My quest for the ultimate tripod

It's fascinating to witness another photographer heavily relying on TTC data when selecting their ultimate tripod. While my ideal tripod may differ from yours, it primarily stems from a different set of needs. Despite differing interpretations of the data, I believe you've found the tripod that suits you best. I advocate for PMG to expand their lineup. Considering their expertise, I believe they could produce a competitive travel tripod.

Mar 15, 2024 at 05:03 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · My quest for the ultimate tripod

have it your way. we are an exercise in 2 old people arguing about nothing and we both have to be right.

Mar 15, 2024 at 05:49 AM
Bobarino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · My quest for the ultimate tripod

sjms wrote:
have it your way. we are an exercise in 2 old people arguing about nothing and we both have to be right.

I resemble that remark.

Mar 15, 2024 at 01:40 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · My quest for the ultimate tripod

so do I

Mar 15, 2024 at 01:44 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · My quest for the ultimate tripod

None of these tripods are ones I would want to have for numerous reasons, including working height, options for customization, and build quality for durability.

I replaced a couple of 3 series Gitzo and a RRS TVC34L with a Feisol 3472 tripod that provides the option of adding a quick level base or a center column kit in seconds. It is shorter than 22 inches for travel and provides a working height (with the center column kit mounted) of 71 inches and supports up to 66 lbs. Unlike Gitzo and RRS it includes an excellent carry case.

Mar 25, 2024 at 08:49 PM
1              end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1              end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.