New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

GabrielPhoto
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Finally I got my hands on the Selens Edge to see if the performance is closer to Broncolor than Parabolix and Godox (well Godox is not even close lol).
Time to setup a model shoot to do a properly controlled comparison.

Feb 28, 2024 at 09:32 PM
hiepphotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Looking forward to your results. Hopefully it would be a good alternative to the Para.

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:50 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Doing some selftest in the meantime but so far....this is looking like the real deal to me!
So if someone is considering Parabolix after my previous video...hold on until I am done testing because I may be changing my recommendations....

Feb 29, 2024 at 02:38 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Looking forward to your test!

I checked the Selens site and can't get any pages beyond the homepage to load... I found these listed on Amazon . com with the small @ $999, medium at $1799 and large at $2599 (additional 20% coupon available for each size option). One of the reviews indicated this pricing was considerably higher than they paid on Aliexpress... This pricing, particularly for the two larger sizes, is considerably higher than the packages from Parabolix, so will be interesting to see how the two compare.

Mar 01, 2024 at 09:55 PM
hiepphotog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

rscheffler wrote:
Looking forward to your test!

I checked the Selens site and can't get any pages beyond the homepage to load... I found these listed on Amazon . com with the small @ $999, medium at $1799 and large at $2599 (additional 20% coupon available for each size option). One of the reviews indicated this pricing was considerably higher than they paid on Aliexpress... This pricing, particularly for the two larger sizes, is considerably higher than the packages from Parabolix, so will be interesting to see how the two compare.

Wait for their sale. IIRC, the large size was around $800-$900 during the New Year sale (1/1). Or maybe they decided to raise the price permanently. The introductory price was about the same as the parabolix.

Mar 02, 2024 at 02:27 AM
Mujabad123
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Looking forward to this comparison. I already committed myself to Parabolix (also, and even mainly based on your earlier comparison). Happy I did, and Ill certainly stick with my 45.

Mar 02, 2024 at 03:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

sungphoto
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Looks nice, thanks for sharing

Mar 06, 2024 at 02:57 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Due to weather I had to reschedule the model shoot for next week sadly.
I did some more tests just with self portraits and I am convinced, this is going to be my new favorite Broncolor alternative.
One thing I did tonight was testing against a large wall in my garage because I had noticed WAY more light focus control than the Parabolix and this test completely confirmed that. Is not even close..the light spill of the parabolic vs the much more control Edge 120.
I am going to redo the test as I only did it right from the back so you cannot see the brightness where the light is hitting the wall, so I dont want trolls to say is rigged because they cant see the brightness level on the wall.
Tthe Edge is so much more focused that you will think it was way dimmer. It was not, all were tested and measured with my 858D meter

Mar 06, 2024 at 09:32 PM
hiepphotog
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

GabrielPhoto wrote:
Due to weather I had to reschedule the model shoot for next week sadly.
I did some more tests just with self portraits and I am convinced, this is going to be my new favorite Broncolor alternative.
One thing I did tonight was testing against a large wall in my garage because I had noticed WAY more light focus control than the Parabolix and this test completely confirmed that. Is not even close..the light spill of the parabolic vs the much more control Edge 120.
I am going to redo the test as I only did it right from the back so
...Show more

Now you got me excited . The Edge 90 has been on my to buy list for a while now.

By the way, did yours come with the Center Ring?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:13 AM
GabrielPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Yes it came with the plate that has the magnets

hiepphotog wrote:
Now you got me excited . The Edge 90 has been on my to buy list for a while now.

By the way, did yours come with the Center Ring?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:31 AM
3BIGMAMAS

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

Any new infos regarding the Selens Edge, GabrielPhoto?
I am very curious ;-)

Mar 26, 2024 at 08:22 AM
jlafferty
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Selends Edge SER120 has arrived! Time for some testing next

What happened? I hope Gabriel is OK.

Jun 08, 2024 at 06:42 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.