Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

  

More Downtown L.A.

  
 
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · More Downtown L.A.


A slightly wider shot than the one I posted yesterday and in black and white. This one with the GF250 lens rather than the Canon 500mm and a lot more drama in b&w.





Downtown L.A. Skyline and clouds

  GFX100S    Fujifilm Fujinon GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR lens    250mm    f/11.0    1/250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  




Feb 27, 2024 at 08:00 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More Downtown L.A.


Very nice skyline in the sun Peter!
I do believe I like the color better. It just pops with the snow capped mtns and glistening buildings!
Both extremely well done!
Dan



Feb 28, 2024 at 10:30 AM
keepclicking
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More Downtown L.A.


Peter, I definitely think that BW is much stronger image. Fantastic tones. 👏


Feb 28, 2024 at 12:51 PM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More Downtown L.A.


Danpbphoto wrote:
Very nice skyline in the sun Peter!
I do believe I like the color better. It just pops with the snow capped mtns and glistening buildings!
Both extremely well done!
Dan


Thanks Dan. I like 'em both for different reasons. I felt that including more sky and clouds on this one made is a better candidate for black and white, and while I liked the color version of this image just fine, for me, it really came together in black and white. Maybe it's because I watched the last twenty minutes of 8-1/2 last night which is some of the best cinematic black and white ever shot.




Feb 28, 2024 at 12:56 PM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · More Downtown L.A.


keepclicking wrote:
Peter, I definitely think that BW is much stronger image. Fantastic tones. 👏


Thanks Parul. Too bad you weren't there last week. Best day ever up there.




Feb 28, 2024 at 12:57 PM
Sharona
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · More Downtown L.A.


Huge B&W fan, but I also really prefer the color on this one. It just seems to reveal more detail to me. I had no idea you could see snow from L.A.!


Feb 28, 2024 at 02:43 PM
Sharona
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · More Downtown L.A.


Peter Figen wrote:
Thanks Dan. I like 'em both for different reasons. I felt that including more sky and clouds on this one made is a better candidate for black and white, and while I liked the color version of this image just fine, for me, it really came together in black and white. Maybe it's because I watched the last twenty minutes of 8-1/2 last night which is some of the best cinematic black and white ever shot.



I didn't see this. TCM is the only reason we continue to pay an exorbitant amount of money for cable. I'm positively addicted to that channel.




Feb 28, 2024 at 02:45 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · More Downtown L.A.


Sharona wrote:
Huge B&W fan, but I also really prefer the color on this one. It just seems to reveal more detail to me. I had no idea you could see snow from L.A.!


Yeah, the snow is a surprise to so many. And you can be IN the snow often times in under an hour.




Feb 28, 2024 at 03:17 PM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · More Downtown L.A.


Peter Figen wrote:
Yeah, the snow is a surprise to so many. And you can be IN the snow often times in under an hour.



We've been using Sling TV for the last three or four years and TCM is in one of their add on packages, and while Sling has its issues at times, I'm so glad to not be paying money to Spectrum anymore, plus, a couple of years ago Ting Internet put in symmetrical gigabit fiber channel into our neighborhood which is super fast and about the same price as Spectrum was.




Feb 28, 2024 at 03:20 PM
newyork
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · More Downtown L.A.


Incredible Peter.


Feb 28, 2024 at 05:15 PM
Peter Figen
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · More Downtown L.A.


newyork wrote:
Incredible Peter.


Thanks Rich. Still looks pretty unreal to me and I was there.




Feb 28, 2024 at 05:58 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · More Downtown L.A.


Peter Figen wrote:
Thanks Dan. I like 'em both for different reasons. I felt that including more sky and clouds on this one made is a better candidate for black and white, and while I liked the color version of this image just fine, for me, it really came together in black and white. Maybe it's because I watched the last twenty minutes of 8-1/2 last night which is some of the best cinematic black and white ever shot.


Oh no doubt Peter! B&W and sky/clouds cry for tonal processing! They always make the primary image so dramatic! Adds much dimension and scale to the image also!
Again super work!
Dan




Feb 29, 2024 at 11:20 AM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · More Downtown L.A.


Sharona wrote:
I didn't see this. TCM is the only reason we continue to pay an exorbitant amount of money for cable. I'm positively addicted to that channel.


Sharon and Peter...we are stuck with Comcast and they gouge the heck out of their customers! I have my internet also because, other than fiber(and the County govt will NOT allow Verizon to lay fiber so far in the "sticks") or dish, we have no other choice.
I would say 90% of the channels need a "Subscription"....My bill for Basic and Internet is close to $300 a month! Then I have cell and a land line from Verizon.
That's alot of money per month on a fixed income!

Glad you are enjoying some good tv.
Dan





Feb 29, 2024 at 11:25 AM
11rdgr888
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · More Downtown L.A.


Nice advertising for the coming 2028 LA Olympics.


Mar 13, 2024 at 09:33 PM







FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.