Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG/HSM Art - If you have one, how do you like it?

billsamuels
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG/HSM Art - If you have one, how do you like it?

I was looking at Zeiss 35mm Milvus lenses and was about to buy one when I realized that the Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG./HSM
Art is a lot cheaper and seems to get more consistently good reviews than the Zeiss lens. I have a Zeiss and Sigma lenses and I like both. The difference in price though for a F/1.4 is enormous, $700 vs. $2074. Also, my eyes don't focus as well as they used to. This for a Canon 5DSR and 6D.

Any thoughts about one over the other as I make a final decision?
Thanks.
Bill

Feb 27, 2024 at 07:16 AM
_jim_
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG/HSM Art - If you have one, how do you like it?

billsamuels wrote:
I was looking at Zeiss 35mm Milvus lenses and was about to buy one when I realized that the Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG./HSM
Art is a lot cheaper and seems to get more consistently good reviews than the Zeiss lens. I have a Zeiss and Sigma lenses and I like both. The difference in price though for a F/1.4 is enormous, $700 vs. $2074. Also, my eyes don't focus as well as they used to. This for a Canon 5DSR and 6D.

Any thoughts about one over the other as I make a final decision?
Thanks.
Bill

Hey Bill, this may or may not be helpful...I have a 35mm Art and I love using it on my Nikon F6. For the price, I can't imagine there is better, more fully featured lens I can use an autofucs-capable F.

The only point of advice I would say is get the Sigma Dock. It's a little tedious to use on a film camera, but on your digital bodies it should be a breeze. Out of the box, the autofocus required a good degree of calibration to my camera. Now that it's dialed in, it's super fast and accurate.

Jess & Hank by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Jenny by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Bridget by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Sunrise from Observation Car by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Jenny by Jim Fischer, on Flickr

Mar 01, 2024 at 09:06 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG/HSM Art - If you have one, how do you like it?

L mount version DG DN

Edited on Mar 01, 2024 at 09:31 AM · View previous versions

Mar 01, 2024 at 09:30 AM
Planetwide
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sigma 35mm F/1.4 DG/HSM Art - If you have one, how do you like it?

Mar 01, 2024 at 09:30 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.