New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

Downtown Los Angeles Feb 23, 2024

Michael H
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Downtown Los Angeles Feb 23, 2024

Really enjoy this image Peter. To your point, itís a rare day indeed when it can get this clear and beautiful. Born in Inglewood, and was ultimately in several parts of the basin until leaving in 2022.

Right or wrong, I do feel like even on the dirty air days, itís still better than it was 50-ish years ago when it seemed we were constantly under smog alerts and not allowed out of the classroom for recess. Having said that, it was starting to feel like days of old before we left.

Thanks for sharing! I bet this would look great in print.

Mar 17, 2024 at 09:45 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Downtown Los Angeles Feb 23, 2024

Michael H wrote:
Really enjoy this image Peter. To your point, itís a rare day indeed when it can get this clear and beautiful. Born in Inglewood, and was ultimately in several parts of the basin until leaving in 2022.

Right or wrong, I do feel like even on the dirty air days, itís still better than it was 50-ish years ago when it seemed we were constantly under smog alerts and not allowed out of the classroom for recess. Having said that, it was starting to feel like days of old before we left.

Thanks for sharing! I bet this would look
...Show more

Michael,

I moved here in '82 to go to school in Pasadena and back then, with far fewer cars on the roads and a lot more unregulated industry, there would often be thirty or more days of smog alerts in the summer, and often not just stage 1, but stage 2 and sometimes stage 3, where you just didn't want to be outside at all. Forty plus years later I cannot remember the last time there was a smog alert anywhere in the basin, so while there are still smoggy and hazy days, overall it's a huge shift in the right direction, benefitting everyone who lives here.

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:54 AM
Joseph.
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Downtown Los Angeles Feb 23, 2024

Peter Figen wrote:
Joseph - The lens has an Arca-Swiss compatible replacement foot on it, which is mounted onto an Arca-Swiss Cube on top of the largest 5 Series Gitzo Gigantic tripod, which, when shooting something seven miles away, still showed up a tiny bit of vibration if there was any breeze, so I built a little rubber padded U shaped yoke which I attached to a small universal A/S foot which then mounts to a Gitzo 3541 which then gets cranked up under the hood of the 500mm and then it's ultra stable. This photo more or less shows the setup
...Show more

Thanks for the insight. I have never thought about doing this, but it looks very stable indeed.

Apr 30, 2024 at 01:03 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.