Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

JohnKraus
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

This worked fine a few weeks ago. Now Not working..
- I'm turning Leica Photos app on in the menu of the M10-P. I'm opening the app on my iPhone.
- I'm taking a photo of the QR code generated by the camera with my iphone- it asks if I want to connect, I say yes.
- My WiFi on my iphone switches to Leica network and says I'm connected.

So it's all working! Except the connection never finishes and my photos don't come up in the ap. And eventually the iPhone Leica Fotos app states the connection could be made.

Leica M10-P latest software.

IPhone 13 pro max, latest software- 17.3.1

Thoughts? My guess is the Leica Fotos app needs to be updated? Thanks.

Feb 22, 2024 at 08:34 PM
RustyRus
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

My guess is the latest apple update in the phone broke it-

Probably needs a fix from Leica- if you want to be a good citizen- call Leica support to help them identify the problem.

Feb 22, 2024 at 08:39 PM
RexGig0
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

I just tried to connect my M10 to my iPad Pro. Unsuccessfully, as expected. “Unable to Connect” has been the norm, for so very long. I did update my camera firmware quite recently. (3.23.23.38)

As RustyRus just said, Apple software updates often stop an app from working, and it is not just a Leica app thing. An Apple update was incompatible with my Nikon D850 being able to link, some time in the recent past.

I do have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I will try to connect it, later tonight, when I have more time.

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:41 PM
JohnKraus
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

I did contact Leica Service. Was sent to voicemail. I left an accurate message of the problem and the steps I'd taken to assure them it's not user error. We'll see if they respond.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JohnKraus
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

OK... a solution from a member at LUF-
Enable access for Leica Foto app under settings - privacy&security - local network

It was off, now on and working, perhaps a change in an iOS update. But that did it, at least for me. Amen.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:18 AM
RustyRus
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

JohnKraus wrote:
OK... a solution from a member at LUF-
Enable access for Leica Foto app under settings - privacy&security - local network

It was off, now on and working, perhaps a change in an iOS update. But that did it, at least for me. Amen.

Thanks for sharing the problem-

I hate apple updates always mess with settings- Glad its fixed-

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:32 AM
JohnKraus
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Why can't I connect my Leica M10-P to the Leica Fotos App on my iPhone?

Here's a reply from the Leica Fotos App Team, after I had the problem fixed. But might be useful in the future for myself or others:

First, please verify your phone and your camera are running the latest operating system and firmware versions, respectively, and perform any necessary updates.
The latest firmware for your M10P is available here:
https://leica-camera.com/sites/default/files/M10-P-4.22.23.34-Customer.FW

Please use your file browser to check if your Leica Fotos folder has any non-Leica pictures in it. If it does, please move them into a different folder.
Please make sure the memory card was formatted and used in this camera only and not in a different camera or a computer.

In iOS16 there is a toggle switch in the app permissions that allows the app local network connections which may be set to “OFF”.
Please check if this is the case with your phone and set it to ON. (see attached picture)
Please let me know if this resolved the issue.

If your local network for the Leica Fotos App is set to “on”, and the problem persists, please follow these steps:

If "Delete" is available and white (and not greyed out) in your Leica FOTOS menu on your camera, please delete your phone (and any copies thereof) from the camera menu.
Please delete your camera in Leica FOTOS and then restart your smartphone (important!)

Then pair the devices again via the Leica FOTOS App.

If this does not resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

Please check the settings for the FOTOS app in your smartphone to see whether the required permissions have been granted. Also, for this test, deactivate settings such as mobile data or VPN.

A full SD-card can cause delays or even a time-out in the connection process.
Please test the connection procedure with an SD card with only a few pictures on it, or even without a card.

If the connection problems persist, please remove the camera battery for a couple of minutes and reset the camera to factory settings.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:27 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.