Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Atomic.....

LarryBeemer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Atomic.....

.....Pumpkin.
Yet another entry from the New Belgium Brewery....VooDoo Ranger line....Halloween edition.

©¿©
LB

Feb 20, 2024 at 02:17 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Atomic.....

Nice work, Larry!
Douglas

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:43 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Atomic.....

douter wrote:
Nice work, Larry!
Douglas

Thanks Douglas.

On a side note...I just noticed your home town. I've spent many a 10 hour break in the parking lot of that Walmart. Nice people, nice store.

©¿©
LB

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:48 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Atomic.....

Beautiful "LB"! You should make a book of these masterpieces!
I am amazed when I go to my local liquor store and see all the different "cans" of beer!
Dan

Feb 22, 2024 at 10:54 AM
LarryBeemer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Atomic.....

Danpbphoto wrote:
Beautiful "LB"! You should make a book of these masterpieces!
I am amazed when I go to my local liquor store and see all the different "cans" of beer!
Dan

Thanks for the stellar review Mr Dan! I appreciate your vote of confidence more than you will ever know.

While I am proud of how far I've come with photographing products, I feel like my work is FAR from being considered as masterpieces. I regularly see work on here as well as IG and other places that are MUCH MUCH better than mine. I'll keep practicing though....maybe some day my ship will come in.

As to the graphics on beverage cans.....some of these brands are becoming VERY creative indeed. I've got one in line right now that has great graphics on both the front and the back of the can. I'm looking forward to playing with that soon.

©¿©
LB

Feb 22, 2024 at 01:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

keepclicking
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Atomic.....

Larry, I am really loving all your product images. Crisp and sharp. Might have to PM you on your sharpening technique. How did you manage to get the can leaning?

Feb 22, 2024 at 02:27 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Atomic.....

LarryBeemer wrote:
Thanks for the stellar review Mr Dan! I appreciate your vote of confidence more than you will ever know.

While I am proud of how far I've come with photographing products, I feel like my work is FAR from being considered as masterpieces. I regularly see work on here as well as IG and other places that are MUCH MUCH better than mine. I'll keep practicing though....maybe some day my ship will come in.

As to the graphics on beverage cans.....some of these brands are becoming VERY creative indeed. I've got one in line right now that has great graphics on
...Show more
You are NOT giving yourself enough recognition "LB"! Yes there are many fine photographers here and the word "masterpiece" is an all encompassing, very broad term! Your creativity, imagination and your skills at producing the images here are IMHO, masterpieces! Again MANY here fall into that category!
You have a great eye for detail! In all your skills you create harmony in your compositions. You definitely have the patience to create these gems! I get frustrated tying my shoes! And my shoes don't have laces!!!
Lastly your passion for photography is more than evident here. Passion makes the photographer—it will always make you work a little harder, push a little farther, and strive to be better than you were the day before.
Keep on keepin' on my brother!

Dan

Feb 22, 2024 at 03:18 PM
LarryBeemer
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Atomic.....

keepclicking wrote:
Larry, I am really loving all your product images. Crisp and sharp. Might have to PM you on your sharpening technique. How did you manage to get the can leaning?

keepclicking...thanks for your kind words.

My sharpening procedure would be considered by most to be...unconventional. I don't remember how I stumbled upon it originally but, after figuring out the original procedure and a bit of tweeking, it's just how I do it now. PM if you'd like. I actually have it all written up as a result of being asked about it once before.

As to the leaning can....it is taped to a 3/8" square acrylic rod and attached to a c-stand so it maintains whatever position I want. The can is really supposed to appear to be hovering/floating over the small concrete piece (it actually was) but I missed the placement to sell the appearance by -this- much.

©¿©
LB

Feb 22, 2024 at 09:49 PM
RWNPhoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Atomic.....

Nice work. One day I'll get better with my images like this...

Feb 24, 2024 at 08:50 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.