Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Do you use Megadap ETZ 21 PRO? Any issues?
I use, no issues, love it :)
I use, but had problems, had to get replacement
I use, but keep having issues with specific lens
I don't use, but planning to buy
I use different brand ETZ adapter

Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

phinix
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

I was wondering how many of you guys use Megadap ETZ 21 PRO and had any issue.
I hope I covered most options

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:53 AM
DWOfPaul
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

I am between option 1, and option 3. "I use, some issues, love it ".

Adapting E to Z lenses is not exactly perfect, but it's by far the best lens adapter I have used. A great way to put it is near native performance. The E lens might preform slightly better on the proper E mount camera for your use case (and like we learned recently there may be a few outliers like the 20mm f1.8g) but for the most part it feels like your using a native lens not an adapted lens.

If your are in the Nikon Z and Sony E systems the ETZ 21 PRO is a great way to bridge the gaps. It can also be a very useful tool if there is an E lens with no Z or F mount equivalent. I would rank it native Z > F Mount > Sony E.

Feb 20, 2024 at 01:16 PM
phinix
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

DWOfPaul wrote:
I am between option 1, and option 3. "I use, some issues, love it ".

Adapting E to Z lenses is not exactly perfect, but it's by far the best lens adapter I have used. A great way to put it is near native performance. The E lens might preform slightly better on the proper E mount camera for your use case (and like we learned recently there may be a few outliers like the 20mm f1.8g) but for the most part it feels like your using a native lens not an adapted lens.

If your are in the Nikon
...Show more

Thing is, Z line is expensive, for me, then F line is fine but it needs 3cm adapter and still no aperture ring. Then E lens, 3mm, aperture ring, nothing to complain... apart from issues with adapter

I just want nice little lens, max 60mm, not too heavy, with aperture ring. Too much to ask from Nikon I guess.

So maybe ETZ and then Sigma i-series?
Something compact and retro looking for my Zf

Feb 20, 2024 at 08:02 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

That's certainly a good potential option. Not sure how well the Sigma lenses adapt, but I've heard OK things.

If you don't need AF, the Z mount Voigtlander lenses are fantastic, especially the APO-Lanthars (35/2 and 50/2), which are in that small, outstanding optically, great feel with aperture ring category.

And they look great on the Zf:

Feb 21, 2024 at 08:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DWOfPaul
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

phinix wrote:
Thing is, Z line is expensive, for me, then F line is fine but it needs 3cm adapter and still no aperture ring. Then E lens, 3mm, aperture ring, nothing to complain... apart from issues with adapter

I just want nice little lens, max 60mm, not too heavy, with aperture ring. Too much to ask from Nikon I guess.

So maybe ETZ and then Sigma i-series?
Something compact and retro looking for my Zf

It sounds like you fall into a use case where the ETZ and a Sigma 50mm f2, or 65mm f2 should would work nicely for you. (I don't know anyone that has adapted either of those exact lenses, but I would expect them to work nicely). You are not looking for the fastest AF or the sharpest lens.

If you can live without AF I will second that Voigtlander lenses are fantastic. I have a few for Sony E. The APO lenses are some of the sharpest lenses I have ever used, it's shocking how good they are for there size. I wish with Voigtlander's announcements in the past week they would have kept the origin style for the E mount. Now I don't know if I should pick up the 75mm for Sony E or Nikon Z.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:23 AM
dtcls100

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

I ordered an ETZ21 (not the pro model) and it didn't work. So I returned it. I subsequently ordered an ETZ21 Pro and it works perfectly (no firmware update needed) with my Sony G 12-24 f4 and Sony G 24-105 f4 on my Nikon Z9 body. BTW, my Tamron SP DSLR lenses -- Tamron 15-30 f2.8, Tamron G2 24-70 2.8, Tamron SP 35 f1.4 and Tamron SP 45 f1.8 all work perfectly on the Z9 with the Nikon FTZ II adapter. So now I have the ultra-wide to short telephoto range covered for both faster (wide aperture) lenses and more compact lenses. I do have a couple of Nikon lenses (70-200 f2.8 Mk ii), 17-35 f2.8, and 28-70 2.8 as well. I did get a Nikon Z 135 f1.8 Plena too. So, no need to shell out for many Z lenses, especially given the adapters.

Feb 21, 2024 at 03:49 PM
azmerm

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Megadap ETZ 21 PRO

So far I have successfully tested the following E mount lenses on my new ZF with the etzpro21 Tamron 28-75 g2, Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8, Sigma 90mm 2.8, Sony 40mm 2.5. All no problems. I used Sony for weddings and am very happy with the ZF. I do have to convert raws to dng until I upgrade my Capture One. Using Adobe converter as my DXO PureRaw3 has a pink highlights bug.

Feb 24, 2024 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.