Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11              13       end
  

New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement

  
 
mudlake
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #1 · p.12 #1 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Knut. wrote:
I would be really interested in the 50/3.5 APO-Lanthar for Sony e-mount!

It would be such a sweet lens for hiking (paired with the Sigma 90/2.8 and 24/3.5 till Voigtländer brings something in these focal lengths for e-mount)

3 lenses (24 to 90mm) = 700g
- That is better than any zoom can offer (and with better performance)


I’d love that triplet. It would be fun to use. But then I would remember I have the 24-70GM II and wouldn’t have to change lenses and it weighs 695 grams. And it’s incredibly good.

But…that 50/3.5 APO is really calling to me! 😂. Guess I’ll just have to get it and figure out how to use it without making my 24-70 jealous. 🙂. I’ve also been enjoying the Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.2 SE lately. Beautiful lens in every way. It may get jealous too. Too many good 50’s to choose these days.



Apr 21, 2024 at 12:57 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #2 · p.12 #2 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


mudlake wrote:
I’d love that triplet. It would be fun to use. But then I would remember I have the 24-70GM II and wouldn’t have to change lenses and it weighs 695 grams. And it’s incredibly good.

But…that 50/3.5 APO is really calling to me! 😂. Guess I’ll just have to get it and figure out how to use it without making my 24-70 jealous. 🙂. I’ve also been enjoying the Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.2 SE lately. Beautiful lens in every way. It may get jealous too. Too many good 50’s to choose these days.


I consider the current CV 50/2 APO-Lanthar as a standard in high image quality and low aberration. I'm quite curious to see how the new CV 50/3.5 APO will compare, both at f/3.5 and f/5.6.



Apr 26, 2024 at 04:22 PM
mudlake
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #3 · p.12 #3 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Fred Miranda wrote:
I consider the current CV 50/2 APO-Lanthar as a standard in high image quality and low aberration. I'm quite curious to see how the new CV 50/3.5 APO will compare, both at f/3.5 and f/5.6.


I’ll be awaiting your comparison once it’s available! 🙂




Apr 26, 2024 at 06:35 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #4 · p.12 #4 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Looking forward to your results too. For the landscapers among us, could you include f8 as well please? Many slow lenses deliver the goods at 'f8 and be there'. For an f3.5 lens it's 2.5 stops down whereas for an f2 lens it's four full stops.


Apr 26, 2024 at 07:38 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #5 · p.12 #5 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


philip_pj wrote:
Looking forward to your results too. For the landscapers among us, could you include f8 as well please? Many slow lenses deliver the goods at 'f8 and be there'. For an f3.5 lens it's 2.5 stops down whereas for an f2 lens it's four full stops.


Of course. I will test all apertures.



Apr 26, 2024 at 08:25 PM
choijm0715
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #6 · p.12 #6 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


I am waiting for F3.5 APO version 2. The minimum focusing distance of 0.35cm is special.


Apr 26, 2024 at 11:20 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #7 · p.12 #7 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


I wanted to try both, but I'm leaning towards the Type II as well, mainly for the extra MFD, but also because the Type I is not collapsible.


May 02, 2024 at 11:27 PM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #8 · p.12 #8 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Tomorrow is 15th again so there will probably be a new product release announcement from Cosina for June release. I'm expecting Sony E-mount version of 75/1.5 this time since it would be logical for it to follow right after Canon RF and Nikon Z versions, but that would probably mean that the 2 new VM releases would be back to back in July and August.

I'll be pre-ordering the Sony E-mount version of 75/1.5 as soon as it appears. Probably not pre-ordering the 2 new VM releases when they appear as I have a big pile of 50mm rangefinder lenses already and the new APO might not be optimal adapted on Sony E. I notice that I haven't used my slower 50mm f3.5 lenses very often either (I had the 50/3.5 Heliar VM until recently and I still have MS-Optics 50/3.5 Xenomax as well as MS-Optical 50/3.5 Apoqualia).



May 14, 2024 at 04:12 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #9 · p.12 #9 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Juha Kannisto wrote:
Tomorrow is 15th again so there will probably be a new product release announcement from Cosina for June release. I'm expecting Sony E-mount version of 75/1.5 this time since it would be logical for it to follow right after Canon RF and Nikon Z versions, but that would probably mean that the 2 new VM releases would be back to back in July and August.

I'll be pre-ordering the Sony E-mount version of 75/1.5 as soon as it appears. Probably not pre-ordering the 2 new VM releases when they appear as I have a big pile of 50mm rangefinder lenses
...Show more

I'm not sure if the Voigtlander 75/1.5 Nokton VM performs as well on the Sony as it does on the Leica. I don't believe I covered that in the review. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1608503

Just like you, I already own too many fifties, but the new ones are quite intriguing.





May 14, 2024 at 10:11 AM
Sonnar-7
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #10 · p.12 #10 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Is there such a thing as too many fifties?


May 14, 2024 at 10:18 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

rscheffler
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #11 · p.12 #11 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Sonnar-7 wrote:
Is there such a thing as too many fifties?


No, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!



May 14, 2024 at 10:45 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #12 · p.12 #12 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Fred Miranda wrote:
I'm not sure if the Voigtlander 75/1.5 Nokton VM performs as well on the Sony as it does on the Leica. I don't believe I covered that in the review. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1608503

Just like you, I already own too many fifties, but the new ones are quite intriguing.


I had the 75/1.5 VM before but after I got 75/1.9 VM I traded in the 75/1.5. My 75/1.5 had "focus creep" where the lens would gradually extend (focus ring would turn on its own) while walking around with the lens on camera. I didn't like that part and the closer MFT of 0.5m on 75/1.9 was also a big bonus. I never had any issues with IQ on the 75/1.5 adapted on Sony and I'll be happy to add a native E-mount version to my set (even though it's a bit bigger & heavier). I really liked the 75/1.5 E-mount version when I tried it briefly at CP+ on my A7CII.

As for fifties, I'm still intrigued by new ones if they are really different from what I already have and have something special to them. For the 50/3.5 APO I think the risk might be that it could only work great on native digital M cameras as is the case with 50/2 APO VM version and then it might not be the best one to adapt to Sony (would be best to see reviews first etc.). Otherwise that one is still interesting to me. 50/2.2 would also be a nice pair with 28/2.8 but there I already have several small and light fifties so I think it would not be so unique and appealing to me personally.



May 14, 2024 at 08:01 PM
philip_pj
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #13 · p.12 #13 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Slow lenses are (much) better behaved and can be expected to be more likely to adapt amicably. We'll soon see and hear.


May 14, 2024 at 09:13 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #14 · p.12 #14 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


philip_pj wrote:
Slow lenses are (much) better behaved and can be expected to be more likely to adapt amicably. We'll soon see and hear.


Agree, just like the CV 21/3.5 C-S and CV 50/3.5 Heliar adapt nicely on the Sony.

The new CV 50/3.5 APO could be great on both systems, unlike the current CV 50/2 APO.



May 14, 2024 at 10:47 PM
hmzimelka
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #15 · p.12 #15 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Is there any hint to when these two 50mm lenses will be released?
It's coming on three months almost...



May 15, 2024 at 12:54 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #16 · p.12 #16 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


hmzimelka wrote:
Is there any hint to when these two 50mm lenses will be released?
It's coming on three months almost...


Cosina have been releasing all their CP+ pre-announced lenses one by one since April and they started with 75/1.5 for Canon RF, then 75/1.5 for Nikon Z. Next announcement is expected 5 minutes from now for June release...

If they keep coming at the same pace, then the two 50mm releases would be coming out in July or August (if 75/1.5 for Sony is next in line for June).



May 15, 2024 at 12:56 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #17 · p.12 #17 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Hmmm... No announcement today at 3pm JST so it looks like Cosina has changed their new release announcement pattern (it's been on 15th of each month for several months now), or otherwise they might not have a new release in June.

I'll check their site for any new potential announcement tomorrow and Friday anyway. Perhaps they didn't want to have next new release announcement on the same day as 75/1.5 for Z-mount got released to market (which was today) or something...



May 15, 2024 at 01:08 AM
hmzimelka
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.12 #18 · p.12 #18 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Juha Kannisto wrote:
Hmmm... No announcement today at 3pm JST so it looks like Cosina has changed their new release announcement pattern (it's been on 15th of each month for several months now), or otherwise they might not have a new release in June.

I'll check their site for any new potential announcement tomorrow and Friday anyway. Perhaps they didn't want to have next new release announcement on the same day as 75/1.5 for Z-mount got released to market (which was today) or something...


Thanks for the update!



May 15, 2024 at 03:59 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #19 · p.12 #19 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Juha Kannisto wrote:
Hmmm... No announcement today at 3pm JST so it looks like Cosina has changed their new release announcement pattern (it's been on 15th of each month for several months now), or otherwise they might not have a new release in June.

I'll check their site for any new potential announcement tomorrow and Friday anyway. Perhaps they didn't want to have next new release announcement on the same day as 75/1.5 for Z-mount got released to market (which was today) or something...


Is there a specific page you check Juha?
I usually check this one: https://www.cosina.co.jp/news/

I'm also on their mailing list for new announcements and didn't receive any email so far...



May 15, 2024 at 11:40 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.12 #20 · p.12 #20 · New Cosina Voigtländer 50/3.5 APO & 50/2.2 VM announcement


Fred Miranda wrote:
Is there a specific page you check Juha?
I usually check this one: https://www.cosina.co.jp/news/

I'm also on their mailing list for new announcements and didn't receive any email so far...


I check on the same https://www.cosina.co.jp/news/ page, it usually gets updated exactly at 3pm JST when they announce a new release, but sometimes with a slight delay of a minute or two. Also Japanese online stores like Map Camera usually add pages for the new lens within minutes of official announcement.



May 15, 2024 at 07:43 PM
1       2       3              11              13       end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              11              13       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.