Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
  

Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)

  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


Steve Spencer wrote:
They no longer make, but did make a 75 f/1.8 Heliar VM lens you might want to check out. It did have a lot of spherical aberrations and might be up your alley.

Here is a nice review of the lens at philipreeve.net:

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/short-review-voigtlander-heliar-75mm-f1-8/


Honestly, the CV 75/1.8 Heliar Classic doesn't receive the praise it deserves. It's currently my favorite 75mm lens, so much so that I traded my Leica 75/1.4 Lux for it. I really like its rendering, and it offers comparable resolution to a modern 75/1.9 Ultron. While it's not the most compact lens, especially with the hood attached, I don't mind carrying a larger lens when shooting at 75/90mm if it delivers results I want.



Apr 30, 2024 at 01:52 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


All I really want from them is to port over the APO-Ultron-Macro 35/2 to e-mount. The other options for a normalish close-focuser on Sony APS-C are nowhere near so appealing.


Apr 30, 2024 at 02:55 PM
Jepser
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


freaklikeme wrote:
All I really want from them is to port over the APO-Ultron-Macro 35/2 to e-mount. The other options for a normalish close-focuser on Sony APS-C are nowhere near so appealing.


In my taste an excellent lens and the main reason I've kept my Zfc after getting the Zf.



Apr 30, 2024 at 06:46 PM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


freaklikeme wrote:
All I really want from them is to port over the APO-Ultron-Macro 35/2 to e-mount. The other options for a normalish close-focuser on Sony APS-C are nowhere near so appealing.


I think it's unlikely though as Cosina haven't shown any signs of planning to release APS-C lenses for E-mount so far and their Macro Apo-Ultron in X-mount seems to have been much less popular than e.g. 35/1.2, 23/1.2, 27/2 in Japan based on its sales rankings list performance. It was initially sold at around 87K yen here (for a very long time) but the price has been dropped this year and it's now at 63K at Map Camera and some other stores. It seemed to pick up more sales after the recent price drop so perhaps it was a matter of pricing.



Apr 30, 2024 at 09:54 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


Juha Kannisto wrote:
I think it's unlikely though as Cosina haven't shown any signs of planning to release APS-C lenses for E-mount so far and their Macro Apo-Ultron in X-mount seems to have been much less popular than e.g. 35/1.2, 23/1.2, 27/2 in Japan based on its sales rankings list performance. It was initially sold at around 87K yen here (for a very long time) but the price has been dropped this year and it's now at 63K at Map Camera and some other stores. It seemed to pick up more sales after the recent price drop so perhaps it was a
...Show more

I know you're probably right, but it's not going to stop me from whining about it occasionally. It's such a solid little unpretentious all-arounder. I'd buy one and, you know, I'm sure I could talk a couple of others into it. Or give them as gifts.



May 01, 2024 at 01:16 AM
Jepser
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


Markets are strange things and I wondered why the APO-Ultron-Macro 35/2 hasn't got more attention. It's such a great performer.


May 01, 2024 at 04:10 AM
Juha Kannisto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


freaklikeme wrote:
I know you're probably right, but it's not going to stop me from whining about it occasionally. It's such a solid little unpretentious all-arounder. I'd buy one and, you know, I'm sure I could talk a couple of others into it. Or give them as gifts.


I have one of those for Fuji X as well and I agree that it's a very solid lens, both for macro/close range and infinity shooting. I also have the 23/1.2, 27/2, 35/1.2, 50/1.2.

Just missing the 35/0.9 which is rather expensive and also bigger/heavier than the others. I figured I didn't really need that one since I have plenty of fast ~50mm in FF that I can use on my Sony E-mount cameras that could cover the same ground more or less.



May 01, 2024 at 04:41 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Cosina published their CP+ 2024 page (new items will appear on 2/22)


So many recommendations for the APO-Ultron-Macro 35/2. I should give this lens a try.


May 05, 2024 at 10:38 PM
1              end






FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.